GDT Sabres Season Opener: Sens @ Sabres 10/13/2022, 7pm, MSG, ESPN+, RDS, WGR

PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

As has been mentioned by other posters, I believe this is more an Indictment if  Mittelstadt then a reflection on Cozens.  NTrider825 on Twitter mentioned He believes that they are attempting Tage Style Breakout Season by putting Him in the best position to succeed. 

I think when the Sabres are protecting a one goal lead or need a goal and if Granato decides to shorten His Bench, Cozens will replace Mitts for that time.

Ties in very much to what Liger was grilling me on re: goals for the season. If what Kevin on twitter said is true, it’s a prioritization of individual player development, and the potential future of the club, over finding wins this season.

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So no comments about Craig Anderson starting ? 

He clarified by saying, “in net.”

43 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

We've been waiting for you to lead the lynch mob.

Some friendly advice. This isn't a term to use casually in 2022.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

So no comments about Craig Anderson starting ? 

Ottawa is his old team (which I forgot)

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I've been very critical of the organizations treatment of the fans over the last decade(concession prices, arena experience, promotions such as this, etc...), but I will give credit where credit is due...this flag is a pretty cool giveaway.

Which sponsor paid for it, and why only 12k of them?

3 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Anyone a little upset that Cozens isn't the 2nd line C? Or not much should be made of that?

Not upset at all. I wouldn’t pay to much attention to line numbers anyway, as Granato doesn’t really adhere to that idea very much. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Don’t you hate Comrie? This seems like you trying to stir up crap to push your narrative.

Why don’t people just enjoy the game and the team.

It just doesn't make any sense hes hardly played in the (pre season ) aka because people told me hes the starter opening day.

Now you're going to play him vs one of the best teams in the easter conference the first game .

Oh well 

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Or maybe it was all just media and fanbase  Driven about Comrie and he was signed to be the back up and nothing more .

It’s possible they intend to start him as a 1B to Anderson’s 1A, or even as a straight back-up, that they hope seizes the starting job outright, in time.

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Don’t you hate Comrie? This seems like you trying to stir up crap to push your narrative.

Why don’t people just enjoy the game and the team.

Because a critical fanbase for a team that has had a decade of futility is to be expected. 

Don't worry, we will all be applauding the Eichel trade if all the parts add up and if Levi is great for us one day we will applaud the Reinhart trade and so on and so on but if the team has no goaltending worth talking about we also have to discuss that failure. 

You simply don't win in this league without good goaltending and ours is suspect at best.

15 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It is perfectly reasonable to have Anderson start the first game, especially against the team he played for.  Extra motivation.

Start *Eric The Great* or is that *Erik The Red* (the father of Lief Erikson) against a (on paper at least) tougher team in the Panthers.

Let's get to "Erik the Victorious" first.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It is perfectly reasonable to have Anderson start the first game, especially against the team he played for.  Extra motivation.

Start *Eric The Great* or is that *Erik The Red* (the father of Lief Erikson) against a (on paper at least) tougher team in the Panthers.

You could be right but why wouldn't you play him more in pre season to get him ready knowing he wasn't going to play to keep him fresh 

Instead you play a 41 old goaltender more 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.