Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

If Jeanott got traded and we had the pieces equivalent to what Tampa gave up then I will start to doubt can make any improvements to team through trades or free agency.  If he want to build from with in that is fine, but sometimes you have to trade some of your future or current talent to get a player that is not like any other on your team.

I had to look up who Tanner Jeannot is.

To me, that means he wasn’t worth giving up a 24 yr old  reclamation project 3rd pair RD, a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, and a 5th round pick for.

They gave up an entire draft year worth of picks for this guy who has 5 goals and 14 points this season.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That's a lot of picks for Jeannot impo. Not my problem though. 

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I had to look up who Tanner Jeannot is.

To me, that means he wasn’t worth giving up a 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, and a 5th round pick for.

They gave up an entire draft year worth of picks for this guy who has 5 goals and 14 points this season.

It just reminds me Yzerman is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Thinking it isn't that bad a thing that the Sabres didn't land him if that was the cost.

Definitely wouldn’t want the Sabres to do this but Tampa is obviously going for another kick at the can and probably has enough infrastructure to give up all the picks. History says all those picks might end up being 1 or 2 NHL players.

Jeannot had a great rookie season last year. 24 goals, tons on deflections. He also had several fights. He's an easy guy for fans to rally around, but I'm guessing he's likely to have more seasons like this one than his rookie year on the scoresheet. Tampa wants to continue to be big and tough and crosscheck people into crossbars. Jeannot lets them do that. Unlike Nashville, they don't need Jeannot to score a bunch of goals for them.

But dang is that a lot of draft capital for a guy who's a bottom-six on his new team. (The trade makes it look like Tampa thinks he's going to be mid-20s Lucic and I'm skeptical of that.)

6 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Jeannot had a great rookie season last year. 24 goals, tons on deflections. He also had several fights. He's an easy guy for fans to rally around, but I'm guessing he's likely to have more seasons like this one than his rookie year on the scoresheet. Tampa wants to continue to be big and tough and crosscheck people into crossbars. Jeannot lets them do that. Unlike Nashville, they don't need Jeannot to score a bunch of goals for them.

But dang is that a lot of draft capital for a guy who's a bottom-six on his new team. (The trade makes it look like Tampa thinks he's going to be mid-20s Lucic and I'm skeptical of that.)

They gave up a first 3 years from now. The rest of the picks are shots in the dark. Even during the best of times you are looking to hit once or twice a year on these picks. They are still a stacked team that can take these type of chances.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, tom webster said:

History says all those picks might end up being 1 or 2 NHL players.

When I first read that tweet I thought, thats fuggin ridiculous.  But your point is well made.  I don’t know squat about Cal Foote, but all the rest is 1 or 2 NHL players most likely.  Is Jeannot really worth 2 NHLers and whatever Cal Foote’s value is?  If Tampa gets to the finals again and Jeannot is a positive contributor to it, I wouldn’t bitch as a fan.  You only get so many kicks at it.  Might as well be all in while the window is open.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

They gave up a first 3 years from now. The rest of the picks are shots in the dark. Even during the best of times you are looking to hit once or twice a year on these picks. They are still a stacked team that can take these type of chances.

Whether or not the players make it, that's a lot of ammo for future trades that they no longer have.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Tampa don’t have a pick this year til the 6th round😳

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

You would think Tom Wilson just got traded

Tom Wilson would be epic. It won't happen, and most of the people here would whine but he'd be perfect. Skill, grit, and more than a little jam. Teams would not be taking runs at players with Tom Wilson on the roster.

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

Tom Wilson would be epic. It won't happen, and most of the people here would whine but he'd be perfect. Skill, grit, and more than a little jam. Teams would not be taking runs at players with Tom Wilson on the roster.

The team with Ryan Reeves would.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.