Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Never thought I'd see the day they gave any player that much...they always seemed to get players on "value" contracts but not this time.

that's not good value for a 40 goal scorer on one the best teams in the league?

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Every year someone here says the Bruins are in trouble, they can't sign their players......

He is good, really good, I don't think its a bad deal for them at all, But to me it just makes the Tage deal look that much better.

Pastrnak  26 years old, Tage 25

This year:  Pastrnak 42 goals and 80 points. Tage 41 goals and 80 points.

The last 2 seasons:  Pastrnak 82 goals, 157 points, Tage 79 goals, 148 points.

Does Pastrnak bring more to the team than Tage...intangibles? Defensive end play?  Maybe, I'm not sure, but possibly. But is that worth $4.1M / 57% more?  To me that is a big no.

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

He is good, really good, I don't think its a bad deal for them at all, But to me it just makes the Tage deal look that much better.

Does Pastrnak bring more to the team than Tage...intangibles? Defensive end play?  Maybe, I'm not sure, but possibly. But is that worth $4.1M / 57% more?  To me that is a big no.

Good points and while I agree and also think Tage will continue to produce these numbers, Pastrnak has done it longer and sometimes you pay for players past as well as future. Plus he produces in the playoffs. 

40 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

They had to sign Pasta. Bergeron And Krecji are on their way out and Marchand is almost 34. 

Pasta and McAvoy are their building blocks. It will be interesting to see what Pasta does when the top 2 centres leave.

He will look good on Rusty's wing.

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

They had to sign Pasta. Bergeron And Krecji are on their way out and Marchand is almost 34. 

Pasta and McAvoy are their building blocks. It will be interesting to see what Pasta does when the top 2 centres leave.

I am so looking forward to the day when  scumbag retires. 

12 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

If Tage keeps producing like this year he will be a steal no question. It'll be like the McKinnon deal was before he got his latest one. Tage still needs to learn to go through people as well as around them though to be truly great. That inability was in evidence tonight. 

Ottawa wins again spoiling Kane's debut. Told ya, of all the teams on the outside, they are the one best built for this time of year, and yes, they now also added Chychrun on top of that. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If Tage keeps producing like this year he will be a steal no question. It'll be like the McKinnon deal was before he got his latest one. Tage still needs to learn to go through people as well as around them though to be truly great. That inability was in evidence tonight. 

Ottawa wins again spoiling Kane's debut. Told ya, of all the teams on the outside, they are the one best built for this time of year, and yes, they now also added Chychrun on top of that. 

I only caught some of the game last night, but I saw TT on the PK, he's tall with reach so one would think that would be a good thing... But Boston made him look silly before their first goal. I get it was 4-3 but they had him so turned around. His D game won't be as important is he's dropping 50 G a season, but I would like to see him tidy that up a bit. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I only caught some of the game last night, but I saw TT on the PK, he's tall with reach so one would think that would be a good thing... But Boston made him look silly before their first goal. I get it was 4-3 but they had him so turned around. His D game won't be as important is he's dropping 50 G a season, but I would like to see him tidy that up a bit. 

He came over out to close the 4-3 and what was going to become a short 5-4 and carry that opening shift of even strength. But I think it was the wrong move. That's got to be Cozens, (Tuch, when healthy), Jost, Girgs, or Okposo. Especially in a 0-0 game where Boston has been starting to carry play.

I don't mind TNT coming out to close the final 15 seconds of 5-on-4 when the Sabres are in the lead or down a couple. But 4-on-3 and making him the only forward? That's a coaching mistake.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.