Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Radar said:

No. I don't feel like giving up what it would probably take to get him. Just don't see one move making difference in playoff chances.

If you acquire Chychrun and pair the players Samuelsson-Dahlin, Power-Jokiharu, and Chychrun-Lyubushkin, you can roll a top-pairing defender on every pair.  That would be quite difficult for any team to handle.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If you acquire Chychrun and pair the players Samuelsson-Dahlin, Power-Jokiharu, and Chychrun-Lyubushkin, you can roll a top-pairing defender on every pair.  That would be quite difficult for any team to handle.

Yes, except we still have inadequate goaltending and forwards who don't defend or a structure that is not working. Unless the asking price is way lower than we're hearing.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Yes, except we still have inadequate goaltending and forwards who don't defend or a structure that is not working. Unless the asking price is way lower than we're hearing.

Agreed on both the goalkeepers and the lack of defencive awareness by the forwards.  We are shockingly bad in our own zone.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Nice. Cozens will be better than him. Thompson will be better than him. I like it!

In the short term, it does mean that Detroit will stay competitive next year and likely improve (as the Sabres do) as their young guys improve and both teams keep closing the gap with the top-3 if not reach them.

5 hours ago, Radar said:

No. I don't feel like giving up what it would probably take to get him. Just don't see one move making difference in playoff chances.

Chychrun would be around for two more years after this one on a cheap salary, maybe more.

that's why he makes sense: It's a move for now and later, which is what Adams said he was interested in.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

1 less year for both as well.  Probably would've been very close to the Larkin pricetag had the Sabres managed to get the full 8 years out of either.

Both are younger than Larkin too I think. Cozens is for sure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.