Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just remember, spit on someone, 3 games. Flying elbow to their face, 2 games. #playersafety

They definitely often don't get it right for the violent actions that are well over the line.  This one, which wasn't violent but likely would've been considered assault anywhere other than on a rink or a sports field, they probably got right.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They definitely often don't get it right for the violent actions that are well over the line.  This one, which wasn't violent but likely would've been considered assault anywhere other than on a rink or a sports field, they probably got right.

The issue goes beyond being an assault, which it is in a legal sense. It's simply a dishonorable act that discredits the sport tarnishes the player. A three game suspension seems about right. Although I would have added one more game to what was meted out. This was simply an indescribably ugly act. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Still wont beat Gretzky and people in this generation can believe other wise.. but  there will never be another  Gretzky sorry

I saw both and I'd like to see McDavid against the slow ass defensemen and the tiny little goalies and goalie pads of that era.

• Thanks (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Still wont beat Gretzky and people in this generation can believe other wise.. but  there will never be another  Gretzky sorry

Yes I know. All the great historical athletes were born 50-100 years ago and the Earth just stopped pumping out figures with that level of talent 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Negative,  is Riley Stillman in it?

Yes. He also played an extra in Straw Dogs.

- - - 

Anyways, in the road trip movie (it’s bad), the main guy sings a song called “in the buff” and I think about it every time I read your posts 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Contempt said:

I saw both and I'd like to see McDavid against the slow ass defensemen and the tiny little goalies and goalie pads of that era.

Except he'd spend more time on LTIR after some of the hits and cheap shots Gretzky had to try to avoid. 

You can never compare players from one era to another. Too many things change. McDavid would have been hooked, held, slashed and generally abused far more than he is in today's game. Draisaitl would probably have held up better. 

• Agree 1

Laughs new additions looked great tonight versus McNugget and gang...I do ponder how things would have turned out if Sabres would have got McDavid??? Funny to think he has so little success with Oilers (team success not individual). He,like many teams and players, are getting older and need to do something soon. This years playoffs should be interesting with so may teams making so many changes at this deadline...  

Edited by sabrefanday1

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

McDavid going to score over 150

He is sublime. Could you imagine how humongous his profile would be if he played in Toronto, NY or Boston? I'm not sure he would find that aspect of the profession appealing. He seems like a low-key person who just wants to play. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

He is sublime. Could you imagine how humongous his profile would be if he played in Toronto, NY or Boston? I'm not sure he would find that aspect of the profession appealing. He seems like a low-key person who just wants to play. 

Sometimes athletes with that demeanour thrive in a big market. Like Eli in New York. Don’t often take the bait 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.