NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Depends on how you measure tough.   You seem to mean fighting, and I mean a team that plays a physical game with an emphasis on hitting.  

The Bruins are in the bottom 6 in fighting penalties, but top 4 in penalty minutes.  They still play a physical style, even though they no longer have a lineup loaded with pugilists.  

No, I don't just mean fighting, but I've watched them all year, and they don't hit that much. Definitely not big bad Bruins. I think that ended when St. Louis out hit them, basically beat them at their own game, and won the cup on Bruin's ice. They're not soft or anything, but only McAvoy really delivers the bone crushing checks. 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He was spectacular but alas not enough. Would have been a better series if he'd stolen this one. 

Dallas on the other hand has made that Calgary series interesting. 

But given the lack of offense... kinda boring slow games... physical yeh but skill not so much... 

12 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Am I the only one who hates five goal games? Gimme all the scoring chances and less clutching/grabbing/scrums. 

Give me all the goals.

What allowed the NHL to grow into non hockey areas and expand to become what it is was offense, not the intentionally negative play of the Devils and the clutching and grabbing garbage. People want to be entertained. Holding isn't entertaining. Goaltending CAN be entertaining but only when it's foiling high quality chances. When it's just covering up the puck on a wrister from the point it's boring. Goal scoring, speed and skill is fun to watch. It's always fun to watch and it can be just as tense as a 1-0 game. A one goal game is a one goal game whether it's 1-0 or 6-5. What's usually more fun to watch in between? In all but the rarest of exceptions it's the 6-5 game so let's have those.

Edited by Contempt
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Am I the only one who hates five goal games? Gimme all the scoring chances and less clutching/grabbing/scrums. 

These two statements don't exactly compute.

How can you hate clutch and grab and 5 goal games? What exactly makes you happy then? I'm honestly just wanting some clarification lol

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

These two statements don't exactly compute.

How can you hate clutch and grab and 5 goal games? What exactly makes you happy then? I'm honestly just wanting some clarification lol

I pop ibuprofen every time I attempt to read it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

You should have seen my condition when I tried to write that out.  I needed ibuprofen this morning. 

I don’t hate five goal games. I love them. That is all. 

I resemble that remark.

Doohikey always gives me some weird emoji when I do some non-sensible ramble. 76.3% of the time I'm one scotch past my bed time.

• Haha (+1) 1

Tonight's docket.

CAROLINA HURRICANES v. BOSTON BRUINS
Game 3: May 6, 7 p.m. ET – Hurricanes at Bruins (TNT, SN360, TVA Sports)

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS v. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
Game 3: May 6, 7:30 p.m. ET –  Maple Leafs at Lightning (TBS, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)

MINNESOTA WILD v. ST. LOUIS BLUES  
Game 3: May 6, 9:30 p.m. ET – Wild at Blues (TNT, SN360, TVA Sports)

EDMONTON OILERS vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS
Game 3: May 6, 10 p.m. ET – Oilers at Kings (TBS, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)

I was bored.

I'm really torn on this Tampa/TO series.

I really hate Tampa, but, man, would it be hilarious for TO to be knocked out in the first round again?

I guess I win, either way.

35 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I resemble that remark.

Doohikey always gives me some weird emoji when I do some non-sensible ramble. 76.3% of the time I'm one scotch past my bed time.

You need to move your bedtime back by another scotch.

Derp.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Contempt said:

That's a bush league move and begs for retaliation. Why you'd want to do ANYTHING to give a team the slightest bit more fuel for a playoff game I have no idea.

The Eulers were trying to get extra practice time in.  The rink crew didn't give them any more time than they were officially alloted.  Don't see a big issue w/ it & it isn't the 1st, nor the last, time this has / will happen.

How do all these teams find 3rd and 4th string goalies that are way better than anything Buffalo has had in years? It's amazing how inept the Sabres have been at finding a capable tender for so long. So many of these teams just seem to keep pooping out goalies like a playdough factory.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The Eulers were trying to get extra practice time in.  The rink crew didn't give them any more time than they were officially alloted.  Don't see a big issue w/ it & it isn't the 1st, nor the last, time this has / will happen.

It's still stupid.

17 minutes ago, Contempt said:

It's still stupid.

Will give you that it's petty.  Not sure it's stupid.

Kings management would be pretty ticked if the Eulers win game 3 off a weird bounce off the boards that those guys were ready for because of extra time on the rink learning nuances.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.