NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Really don't want Oilers to win because of Kane. 

Can't stand Laughs winning.

Minnesota owned St. Louis tonight. That one I enjoyed. Listening to Foligno mic'd up I miss him even more. Dumb dumb trade. 

Kane is on his way to a Conn Smythe trophy if he keeps playing like he is. How painful would that be for us to have traded away 2 Conn Smythe winners. 

20 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Not at all with Kane, his time in Buffalo was done regardless.

It’s too bad he’s such a head case because he is a very talented physical power forward who scores. That is very tough to find. Great low risk signing for the Oilers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Lazar is a UFA.  We could do worse than to have him as our 4th line centre next year.

Also, I don't hate that we took back Bjork.  Lazar is a better player and we came out on the wrong end, but Bjork probably did have a higher ceiling that was worth exploring.

I would definitely make Lazar an offer for that role but I'm not sure he'd want to come back. I suspect he will get a few offers for that same role, one of them probably from the Bruins. 

I disagree on Bjork though. I don't know why people think he has a higher ceiling. Boston thought that too. They tried him on the top line with Bergeron, then the 2nd line with Krejci, then the 3rd and then the 4th and then he only made the line up when they had injuries. He can skate, but that's pretty much where it ends. 

The Hall situation and trade was a total debacle for the Sabres and is best just forgotten. I just wish we'd left Bjork unprotected and then MAYBE the Kraken would have thought he had that ceiling too and we'd still have Borgen. Not that Borgen is all that, but he is RHD and Bjork is a depth scrub and nothing more.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, freester said:

Kane is on his way to a Conn Smythe trophy if he keeps playing like he is. How painful would that be for us to have traded away 2 Conn Smythe winners. 

Well he does seem to be doing the redemption thing that Murray hoped he'd do here but I doubt there's any danger of a Conn Smyth as I doubt very much Edmonton gets anywhere near the final. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well he does seem to be doing the redemption thing that Murray hoped he'd do here but I doubt there's any danger of a Conn Smyth as I doubt very much Edmonton gets anywhere near the final. 

His debt has maybe got him to thinking that he needs longevity as well as some scoring. Maybe he keeps his nose clean for another big contract. Trouble seems to find him so I wouldn’t be the one to give him that deal.

I don’t like the Oilers chances to go deep either.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, freester said:

I couldn’t care less, so for me as a Sabres fan, not painful at all.

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Lucic doing Lucic things and getting away with it... What a crap call. 

I disagree. Oettinger initiated contact outside the crease.

I'm also enjoying all the bench shots of Rick Bowness. We can have more of those. Ay dios mio.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Contempt said:

I disagree. Oettinger initiated contact outside the crease.

I'm also enjoying all the bench shots of Rick Bowness. We can have more of those. Ay dios mio.

Serious talent in Dallas (sitting behind Bowness that is)

Edited by Sakman
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Lucic doing Lucic things and getting away with it... What a crap call. 

Playoff hockey. 

You could always try figure skating if you prefer something gentler 😉

I think there's a real possibility Tchachuk and Klingberg don't like each other 🙂

Pittsburgh almost blew that 4-1 lead but ya, E-Rod. Go figure. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Playoff hockey. 

You could always try figure skating if you prefer something gentler 😉

I think there's a real possibility Tchachuk and Klingberg don't like each other 🙂

Pittsburgh almost blew that 4-1 lead but ya, E-Rod. Go figure. 

I'm still bitter about all things Lucic 😜

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am quite surprised for as long as he has been in the league and the heavy game he plays how effective he is at his age.

Evgeni Malkin with the Penguins does not seem to have it anymore. He has not looked good in the series with the Rangers.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I am quite surprised for as long as he has been in the league and the heavy game he plays how effective he is at his age.

Evgeni Malkin with the Penguins does not seem to have it anymore. He has not look good in the series with the Rangers.

I guess Malkin seems to have lost his Mojo after the knee reconstruction. He definitley doesn't have that burst. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That was the moment the Sabres violated the honor code, the hockey gods deemed them not worthy, and then sentenced our team to wander the desert. Some think a Lucic blood atonement is the only way to appease the hockey gods now. 

Game 4s today.

CAROLINA HURRICANES v. BOSTON BRUINS
12:30 p.m. ET – Hurricanes at Bruins (ESPN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports)

MINNESOTA WILD v. ST. LOUIS BLUES  
4:30 p.m. ET – Wild at Blues (TBS, SN360, TVA Sports)

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS v. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
7 p.m. ET – Maple Leafs at Lightning (TBS, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)

EDMONTON OILERS vs. LOS ANGELES KINGS
10 p.m. ET – Oilers at Kings (TBS, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.