NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

Never in my life have I understood why arenas around the league let fans pound on the glass. I think it's annoying as *****. Hopefully this changes it once and for all. My ex-brother in law got thrown out of an Amerks game for pounding on the glass years ago. ***** stupid they let fans do this, especially just because the play is in front of fans who can't control themselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Never in my life have I understood why arenas around the league let fans pound on the glass. I think it's annoying as *****. Hopefully this changes it once and for all. My ex-brother in law got thrown out of an Amerks game for pounding on the glass years ago. ***** stupid they let fans do this, especially just because the play is in front of fans who can't control themselves.

I got yelled at for doing that at a Sabres game once. I bet that poor guy who got hurt is getting every injury attorney in the country calling him, because that glass should have not have failed. Something went wrong and a guy got really hurt. Someone will pay 

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I got yelled at for doing that at a Sabres game once. I bet that poor guy who got hurt is getting every injury attorney in the country calling him, because that glass should have not have failed. Something went wrong and a guy got really hurt. Someone will pay 

And if the NHL has any brains at all, they will not allow fans to pound on the glass anymore. You touch the glass, you get tossed, plain and simple.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

And if the NHL has any brains at all, they will not allow fans to pound on the glass anymore. You touch the glass, you get tossed, plain and simple.

Calm down, last thing we need is even more rules and restrictions on people. We shouldn't need to eliminate an entire cultural mainstay of hockey because of a rare structural breakdown. If anything they need to make the glass around the "boxes" to be more sturdy and resilient to shaking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We made a mistake letting Lazar go. Wish he was holding down a spot on our fourth line 

Yup, I've been saying that all season. He's a ball of energy and never quits. Can't score, but good on the PK and hits any and everybody. Dirt cheap contract too. 

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Shocking, Boston starts playing dirty and physical and they are winning the game. And the refs are doing everything they can to give the Bruins a win tonight. 

Oh please, not even close. 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Calm down, last thing we need is even more rules and restrictions on people. We shouldn't need to eliminate an entire cultural mainstay of hockey because of a rare structural breakdown. If anything they need to make the glass around the "boxes" to be more sturdy and resilient to shaking.

I'm calm as *****. Do you think players love hearing the glass being pounded when their heads are up against it? And why do some arena's toss people for doing it? If you can't sit/stand there without pounding on the glass like an idiot, then maybe move a row back next time, or slow down on the booze.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yup, I've been saying that all season. He's a ball of energy and never quits. Can't score, but good on the PK and hits any and everybody. Dirt cheap contract too. 

Oh please, not even close. 

Whatever you say

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm calm as *****. Do you think players love hearing the glass being pounded when their heads are up against it? And why do some arena's toss people for doing it? If you can't sit/stand there without pounding on the glass like an idiot, then maybe move a row back next time, or slow down on the booze.

There's a difference between incessant glass banging and in the moment banging. I have zero qualms with the glass being hit when the puck is nearby or after a goal. If you are pounding on the glass while the puck is on the other end of the ice however that's a different story.

Just so you understand, I have never pounded on the glass but its literally something that is synonymous with hockey noises. Skates slashing, sticks clashing and boards rocking are all apart of the experience. 

If there's anything that should come of this; we need to find out why the high end, highly resistant glass meant to absorb the force of 150+ pound men flying into it was snapped in half by a couple drunkards slapping it. 

9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

There's a difference between incessant glass banging and in the moment banging. I have zero qualms with the glass being hit when the puck is nearby or after a goal. If you are pounding on the glass while the puck is on the other end of the ice however that's a different story.

Just so you understand, I have never pounded on the glass but its literally something that is synonymous with hockey noises. Skates slashing, sticks clashing and boards rocking are all apart of the experience. 

If there's anything that should come of this; we need to find out why the high end, highly resistant glass meant to absorb the force of 150+ pound men flying into it was snapped in half by a couple drunkards slapping it. 

That's the problem, you can never know when the glass might take a *****. It gets hit by 100 mph+ slap shots all the time. But 2 mins later a weak body check into the boards can shatter a panel at any time. I just think it's a safety issue. Fans pounding and shaking the glass to where 4 or 5 sections of glass/boards are flexing up to a foot becomes dangerous. I know the drunks don't give a *****, but if one of them causes the glass to break and hurt someone, that's a different story. That poor old bastard in Boston was just doing his job until a bunch of uncontrollable, prolly drunk fans went overboard and almost killed the guy. They said he was knocked unconscious when the pane hit him. And it broke in half over his head. That's pretty ***** up. 

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

We made a mistake letting Lazar go. Wish he was holding down a spot on our fourth line 

But Buffalo had to spice up the deal in order for them to acquire Bjork. That was another deal the Sabres got fleeced on. Hall for Bjork wasn't good enough for Boston, so let's just throw in Lazar. I always liked him.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

But Buffalo had to spice up the deal in order for them to acquire Bjork. That was another deal the Sabres got fleeced on. Hall for Bjork wasn't good enough for Boston, so let's just throw in Lazar. I always liked him.

Not true. The issue was salary. Bjork made more than Lazar so they had to shed his salary but wanted a body in return. That's how they sold it to Buffalo anyway. They were probably happy to deal Bjork for Lazar, although no one in Boston expected him to make the team when they got him and he's fit in perfectly, love's it there and gives them maximum effort. Will be interesting to see if they give him a bump in pay or let him walk (unless he signs another low team friendly deal). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

How do all these teams find 3rd and 4th string goalies that are way better than anything Buffalo has had in years? It's amazing how inept the Sabres have been at finding a capable tender for so long. So many of these teams just seem to keep pooping out goalies like a playdough factory.

This seems a bit premature.  There are 3 teams in the playoffs currently forced into using their 3rd string goalies.  All 3 have had good moments, but lots of goalies will look good for a game or two.  A few years ago Carey Price was injured and a young Dustin Tokarski went in and stole the show for a bit. Kochetkov and Ingram are interesting goalie prospects, but one strong playoff game from each is perhaps not yet an indication that their respective franchises have goaltending factories. What those franchises do though, particularly Carolina, is identify a weakness and address it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not true. The issue was salary. Bjork made more than Lazar so they had to shed his salary but wanted a body in return. That's how they sold it to Buffalo anyway. They were probably happy to deal Bjork for Lazar, although no one in Boston expected him to make the team when they got him and he's fit in perfectly, love's it there and gives them maximum effort. Will be interesting to see if they give him a bump in pay or let him walk (unless he signs another low team friendly deal). 

I think you are correct, though I absolutely think Boston wanted Lazar.  They could just as easily have taken back Riley Sheahan or Tobias Reider, both of whom were on league minimum deals that were expiring.  Lazar had another year at $800k.  The Bruins had a good idea that he would be a good fit for them in a bottom six role.

Lazar is a UFA.  We could do worse than to have him as our 4th line centre next year.

Also, I don't hate that we took back Bjork.  Lazar is a better player and we came out on the wrong end, but Bjork probably did have a higher ceiling that was worth exploring.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.