NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

More just frustration and maybe payback for the hit on Lindholm I think but these ain't the big bad Bruins. They are slow and not that tough. 

Slow yes.  Broons are still pretty tough and still very willing to show it.  Best thing Canes can do is stay away from the after whistle stuff and keep hitting them during play.  The Canes look a lot better. Ullmark is not gonna carry a team. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

They are now the geriatric big bad Bruins

Take the "big" out. 

No Chara, no Miller, no Lucic. I mean they really didn't do anything much in retaliation. Not even a solid hit on Svechnikov. 

They are definitely a team in decline and maybe that's a playoff spot we can compete for next year with Detroit, the Islanders or whoever. 

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Slow yes.  Broons are still pretty tough and still very willing to show it.  Best thing Canes can do is stay away from the after whistle stuff and keep hitting them during play.  The Canes look a lot better. Ullmark is not gonna carry a team. 

Compared to the Sabres maybe, but are they really tough any more? Not really. 

13 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Compared to the Sabres maybe, but are they really tough any more? Not really. 

Depends on how you measure tough.   You seem to mean fighting, and I mean a team that plays a physical game with an emphasis on hitting.  

The Bruins are in the bottom 6 in fighting penalties, but top 4 in penalty minutes.  They still play a physical style, even though they no longer have a lineup loaded with pugilists.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, PerreaultForever said:

I don't. I see him the other way around. He had a chance to be a leader. He was here first. He could have tried to lead Jack, but he let Jack lead him. He needed to be away from Jack to excel and so they hit the road at the same time. We are better off without them. Close the door.DJwW84JVYAAmL7-.thumb.jpg.c89e9b6195315786eecddba6d963d179.jpg

(I didn't take note of this at the time but it seems fitting now in hindsight, Sam had to peddle harder and Jack was happy to coast along for the ride. Fitting.)

I thought about this and I do see what you mean about Sam.

He was always a leader before he came to the league, he was here first and by some accounts he was on the right path seeking out ROR for extra work at practice early on. 

No way of knowing all the things that went on but it all led to nothing. 

I also hadn't considered that the Florida pick could end up in the top 20 until now so I'm no longer rooting for the former Sabre known as Reinhart. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I thought about this and I do see what you mean about Sam.

He was always a leader before he came to the league, he was here first and by some accounts he was on the right path seeking out ROR for extra work at practice early on. 

No way of knowing all the things that went on but it all led to nothing. 

I also hadn't considered that the Florida pick could end up in the top 20 until now so I'm no longer rooting for the former Sabre known as Reinhart. 

The only way the FLA pick winds up top 20 is if it is packaged w/ something else in a trade.  If FLA is eliminated in either of the 1st 2 rounds, it will be 28.  3rd round elimination = 30.  Losing in the Finals, it is 31; & if they take home Lord Stanley's Chalice it ends up 32.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

The only way the FLA pick winds up top 20 is if it is packaged w/ something else in a trade.  If FLA is eliminated in either of the 1st 2 rounds, it will be 28.  3rd round elimination = 30.  Losing in the Finals, it is 31; & if they take home Lord Stanley's Chalice it ends up 32.

Calm Down Lets Go GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Well poop GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.