NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

This Rangers Penguins game is crazy...huge number of shots for both teams...wondering what the record is for most shots on goal in a game because they need to be getting close...

EDIT: record is from a few years ago when playoffs were in August. TB vs Columbus, 151 shots total(88 for TB, 63 for Columbus)

Currently at 138 for this game(73 Pittsburgh, 65 Rangers), 14 shots from breaking the record.

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This Rangers Penguins game is crazy...huge number of shots for both teams...wondering what the record is for most shots on goal in a game because they need to be getting close...

EDIT: record is from a few years ago when playoffs were in August. TB vs Columbus, 151 shots total(88 for TB, 63 for Columbus)

That’s a lot, I remember Hasek making 70 saves vs the Devils.

HNIC panel speculating that DeSmith may come back in if he gets IV and rehydrates.

I believe they just broke the record...in Calgary/Dallas intermission it was said shots for the game were 83 to 69 which would combine for 152. Still showing 83 to 68 on NHL.com which would have tied the record if this is accurate.

Edited by matter2003

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Wtf just happened in OT, the starter just leaves injured out of the blue. It doesn't bode well for Pitt

maybe DeSmith isn't our answer in goal? 

Chucky playing that old time playoff hockey for Calgary. Wish we had one of them on our roster. 

Nashville ain't much without their goalie. 

But Florida, oh my. 

8 hours ago, Norcal said:

Every fan in the building is wearing a red Calgary jersey in Alberta

Calgary and Edmonton fans are just creepy.

It's not just that they all wear a team jersey, It's that they all wear the exact jersey that the team is wearing that night.

There must really not be a lot going on in the plains of Canada.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

maybe DeSmith isn't our answer in goal? 

Chucky playing that old time playoff hockey for Calgary. Wish we had one of them on our roster. 

Nashville ain't much without their goalie. 

But Florida, oh my. 

Bkup of Nashville played better than the starter

I did notice he did not have a good game but wasn't going to take a shot at him (and his supporters) until the whole series went by. He could still rebound and he who laughs last and all that.

But kind of funny Harrington is still carrying that grudge. 

Harrington is just passing along the stats. We can decide weather it fit's the narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

I did notice he did not have a good game but wasn't going to take a shot at him (and his supporters) until the whole series went by. He could still rebound and he who laughs last and all that.

A reporter reports the statistics of a former player’s first ever playoff game. You interpret that as holding a grudge… 🙄

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

A reporter reports the statistics of a former player’s first ever playoff game. You interpret that as holding a grudge… 🙄

Do you really not think Harrington was taking a shot at Reinhart?

In any case, as I've posted previously, I expect Reino to struggle initially in his first playoff action, as most NHL players do, but to figure it out at some point (which may or may not be this season) and become an effective playoff player.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

In any case, as I've posted previously, I expect Reino to struggle initially in his first playoff action, as most NHL players do, but to figure it out at some point (which may or may not be this season) and become an effective playoff player.

No, I don’t. I think he would’ve reported exactly the same thing if Sam had a first star kind of night. 

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No.

Adding. He looked bad and the team that was predicted to win lost at home would have been taking a shot. And that statement would have also been true.

13 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Wtf just happened in OT, the starter just leaves injured out of the blue. It doesn't bode well for Pitt

Am I the only one that can’t call the Penguins Pitt because it’s the main moniker for a school in that very state?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.