NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

6 hours ago, SDS said:

A reporter reports the statistics of a former player’s first ever playoff game. You interpret that as holding a grudge… 🙄

I do. I think it's a clear shot at the guy. It's an easy shot, and if Florida bounces back he might regret taking it, but Reinhart dumped on him and now he's taking a shot. I'm amused.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I do. I think it's a clear shot at the guy. It's an easy shot, and if Florida bounces back he might regret taking it, but Reinhart dumped on him and now he's taking a shot. I'm amused.

I’m sure the guy who has been a professional journalist for decades is going to rue the day he posted statistics without commentary.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’m sure the guy who has been a professional journalist for decades is going to rue the day he posted statistics without commentary.

Inside. 

I'm not suggesting it affects his career or anything, but as a person I'm sure when Reinhart gave him a hard time inside he was thinking "what a d..." even if he had to be professional about it and INSIDE it gives him some satisfaction if Reinhart fails. Justifies his critiques, even if it is just to himself. 

Hence the stat post with no commentary. Let's it speak for itself. 

Bruins sticking with Ullmark tonight. I suspect they go down 2-0. 

Personally hoping the Laughs Tampa series gets nastier. 

6 hours ago, SDS said:

No, I don’t. I think he would’ve reported exactly the same thing if Sam had a first star kind of night. 

47 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

44 minutes ago, SDS said:

Well, Ullmark was here for a long time, left at the same time Reino did, also in departure not overflowing with good vibes, and, like Reino, played poorly in his first playoff game -- and there was no tweet from Harrington, positive or negative, detailing Ullmark's performance.

I am pretty confident it was a shot by Harrington at Reino.

• Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I am pretty confident it was a shot by Harrington at Reino.

IMO it was a shot carefully crafted to leave room for interpretation. It's more like an opportunity that wasn't passed up. Harrington certainly could have chosen to tweet something else and didn't. Why he chose to tweet what he did seems relatively obvious but can also be played off as simply factual and of local interest.

Sort of like how many of us bemusedly watched Eichels point totals as Vegas was imploding down the stretch. 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

and for you statisticians it's rarely about how many hits but more importantly about who you hit and when. 

Also its about the cumulative effect those hits have over a 7 game series. 

• Like (+1) 1

What are the odds Dallas blows it up after losing this series to Calgary? I think they keep their core for another year max if they lose this series. They're in an awkward spot where they're just good enough to get into the playoffs, but not good enough to do anything once reaching the post season. Benn and Seguin have really fallen off over the past few years. I'd love for the Sabres to be one of the teams the picks the bones of their team when they inevitably fall apart.

I will say that I am a huge fan of Hintz and Robertson, but no chance those two are getting traded.

• Like (+1) 1

Can’t wait until the Sabres are in the playoffs  

Two of my priorities are Boston and Toronto lose.  So, even if this is hard to say …. Go Canes!  Go Bolts!  

Then Go Blues!!!!  That is who I’m pulling for.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.