NHL Playoffs 2022 - Rnd 1

SwampD

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

I had a look at the top 100 playoff scorers to try and find some whose playoff stats are better than their career stats. I listed them by greatest difference between playoffs and regular season.

Briere .94 playoffs vs .72 regular season

Messier 1.25  vs 1.07 

Linseman 1.06 vs .94

Couture .87 vs .75

Pronger .70 vs .60

Getzlaf .96 vs .88

Gilmour 1.03 vs .96

Kurri 1.17 vs 1.12

Krejci .80 vs .76

Perreault 1.14 vs 1.11

Toews .87 vs .84

Kucherov 1.13 vs 1.10

Fedorov .96 vs .94

Beliveau 1.09 vs 1.08

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Briere was just a beast.

Briere was so great.

4 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Two Sabres on that list.

Two French-Canadian centers, s'il vous plait.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Don’t you think the game has opened up a bit since those days? What team is comparable to that in the playoffs in 2022?

It has definitely and the penalty calls in this playoffs show the league wants it that way, but he was throwing out John Scott and Steve Ott for his argument so that needed countering. 

Maybe this is the year it all changes, but Tampa had to add grit and size to win it all, St. Louis had it, there's virtually no cup winner that didn't add size and grit role players to get to the end. That's been hockey forever. Soft teams get bounced. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It has definitely and the penalty calls in this playoffs show the league wants it that way, but he was throwing out John Scott and Steve Ott for his argument so that needed countering. 

Maybe this is the year it all changes, but Tampa had to add grit and size to win it all, St. Louis had it, there's virtually no cup winner that didn't add size and grit role players to get to the end. That's been hockey forever. Soft teams get bounced. 

Quick question. Can you explain my argument in your own words?

5 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Two Sabres on that list.

I counted 3. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And you love to get personal and attack posters when you're wrong so here we are. The series wasn't close and was never going to be close. 

Funny, after Buffalo added Risto, Regehr, Ott , Scott, handful of other "tough" guys with grit the solution ended up being adding talent with grit. And for the record, size doesn't equal toughness which has been and will continue to be my line as it is perpetually proven to be true. Toughness to me means heart.

Btw, there are 2 Dalton Smith threads that have posters, not saying you, but ppl advocating for him because his toughness is what we need. I listened to 7 years of ppl saying Ristos "toughness" was what we needed. No, we needed good hockey players who give a crap. That's how you get talented grit and win. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I’m not even clear what you are trying to say here. Talent and grit together are bad? 

29 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

They need to turn up the mic a little with this PxP woman for the LA/EDM game. Or she needs to project more in her calling of the game. Is it Leah Hextall? 

I have not had an issue hearing her. I was actually thinking she is doing a great job..... besides a seemingly oiler bias

• Thanks (+1) 1

JFC, someone please shoot me. Leah Hextall is the worst announcer I've ever heard. Her voice makes my skin crawl. And the bag that is her color guy sucks too. These two are worse than Edwards and Brickley. And it has nothing to do with her being a woman.... She just sucks, really bad!!!

Wow, lots of sniping here at SS.   So much good hockey to discuss and we are hung up on the “grit and talent” conversation again.   

The Leaves are playing better than I thought they would.  Seems like their best players want to get the playoff monkey off their backs. 

We need Tampa to up their game.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Wow, lots of sniping here at SS.   So much good hockey to discuss and we are hung up on the “grit and talent” conversation again.   

The Leaves are playing better than I thought they would.  Seems like their best players want to get the playoff monkey off their backs. 

We need Tampa to up their game.  

I hate to say it but the Leafs are actually hungry, they want it more.

Tampa’s gotta dig deep next game, find the will to win.

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

JFC, someone please shoot me. Leah Hextall is the worst announcer I've ever heard. Her voice makes my skin crawl. And the bag that is her color guy sucks too. These two are worse than Edwards and Brickley. And it has nothing to do with her being a woman.... She just sucks, really bad!!!

I actually liked her. It takes getting used to a female voice. 

52 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I hate to say it but the Leafs are actually hungry, they want it more.

Tampa’s gotta dig deep next game, find the will to win.

Good observation. And I think Tampa might just bit a little fried. That team has played A LOT of hockey the past few years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.