Official Sabres Sign First Overall Pick in 2021 Owen Power to His ELC/Debut Is Tentatively Scheduled versus TML on 4/12

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The only negative to Power signing is it comes too late for RJ.  Imagine all the things he could and would have done with "Power" 

Power surge

Power outage

Power to the people

and on and on it could have gone.........

He'll drop one to remember this season, he's got a few games left.

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well I will be watching the game tuesday night , I bet Donnie will put Dahlin and Power both on the ice midgame once.

Maybe both on one PP unit for funsies. I could see him in Mitts spot. (Power)

Edited by Norcal

16 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

She wrote You’re so Vain about Mick Jagger.  

I thought it was about Warren Beatty.

edit.

I had to do an internet search..

First verse is Warren Beatty.

Second is Mick Jagger

Third is her ex husband.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, woods-racer said:

I thought it was about Warren Beatty.

edit.

I had to do an internet search..

First verse is Warren Beatty.

Second is Mick Jagger

Third is her ex husband.

I am pretty sure it was about James Taylor (who I think was her ex husband).

Mick sang backup on the song, though, which IMHO is a pretty cool little-known fact.  

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I am pretty sure it was about James Taylor (who I think was her ex husband).

Mick sang backup on the song, though, which IMHO is a pretty cool little-known fact.  

“You’re So Vain” is an infamously mysterious song about someone’s arrogance. It was inspired by several subjects — Simon told People in November 2015 that the second verse is about American actor and director Warren Beatty, who she dated in the 1970s.

Each verse is directed at a unique subject, but the remaining two muses are unknown. Some unsuccessful guesses have included Mick Jagger, who sings backup vocals on the song, and James Taylor, who Simon was married to for eleven years.

From

https://genius.com/Carly-simon-youre-so-vain-lyrics

Only 2 people know and neither are talking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Opie? 

Just call him OP!

OP as a child was an annoying leafs fan invading Sabres home games!

OP had trouble thinking of his greatest accomplishment off the ice.  The hockey is strong in this one!

OP’s flow is all natural baby!

On 4/9/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

This is why you never date a songwriter.  Mess up once and there's a song about you.

Level 2: never date the songwriter in your band. "Go Your Own Way" was written by Fleetwood Mac's guitar player, Lindsay Buckingham, about Stevie Nicks who then had to sing backing vocals every time it was performed.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Maybe I’m an old fuddy duddy, but most of those questions thrown at Owen, I was like “I couldn’t care less about that at all” and “what brainless lame questions and a waste of everyone’s time”.  I think I counted maybe 2 or 3 good questions. At least that’s how I see it. 

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Maybe I’m an old fuddy duddy, but most of those questions thrown at Owen, I was like “I couldn’t care less about that at all” and “what brainless lame questions and a waste of everyone’s time”.  I think I counted maybe 2 or 3 good questions. At least that’s how I see it. 

I think they were going easy on him, first ever presser and all

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think they were going easy on him, first ever presser and all

Don't worry. It'll be no time before he's giving those deep answers to those deep questions and saying things like, "Ya know, obviously, we have to start strong, get pucks deep, play our game, and take advantage of our chances when we get them."

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Digger said:

Did anyone else look at Power coming out and think we need a taller tunnel cover?  We need something adequate for Tage and Power now.  Poor guys are hunched over walking to the ice.

That's not in Buffalo.  That was the pre-game skate in Tampa.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.