GDT: 3/13/2022, Leafs @ Sabres, 4pm on Sportsnet and TNT ๐Ÿ“บ

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

Blue Jackets 5, VGK 4....Eichel with a PP goal early in the 3rd.

Yeah this little losing streak will hurt them, dallas has 4 games on hand, vancouver 2 games.ย  ย ย 

Anyway, hope we see more games like this, focus on our team ๐Ÿ˜…

Someone posted upthread (maybe tongue-in-cheek, donโ€™t remember) about the Sabres being a sluggish team.

A healthy Sabres have actually become a very fast team.

Cozens Krebs Hinostroza is ridiculously fast. Against teams who donโ€™t clog and trap, that is a 3rd line that can create mismatches against bottom-six lines, like they did tonight.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Someone posted upthread (maybe tongue-in-cheek, donโ€™t remember) about the Sabres being a sluggish team.

A healthy Sabres have actually become a very fast team.

Cozens Krebs Hinostroza is ridiculously fast. Against teams who donโ€™t clog and trap, that is a 3rd line that can create mismatches against bottom-six lines, like they did tonight.

That was me. I made a joke and got no validation. Lol

• Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Another one of those games that could make fans fall enough with this team again.

Two in a row like that havenโ€™t happened very often this dark decade.

A lesser known Elvis tune.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Yeah because all the highlights would have had voiceovers about what team Gretzky played on when he was 14 or about stick curves from the 80โ€™s instead of a play by play call.

So far all I've been able to do is fast forward through the goals and the Dahlin Matthews Incident, but, damn, every time I stopped, Wayne was rambling. I'll never understand the league wanting to showcase the game to potential fans by making it sound like the game is not worthy of attention. I don't like soccer but when I hear the passionate announcers, it makes me want to at least give the sport a try.

Also Kenny Albert is always behind on the goals, and not just because of 99.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What a difference 4 years makes

Lineup for the Heritage Classis

Skinner Thompson Tuch

VO Mittelstadt KO

Krebs Cozens hinostroza

Bjork Eakin Hayden

Dahlin Jokiharju

Samuelsson Bryson

Hagg Pysyk

Anderson

Lineup for the 2018 Winter Classic

Girgensons Eichel Reinhart

Kane ROR KO

Pouliot ERod Pominville

Larsson Josefson Nolan

Scandella Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Gorges Beailieu

Lehner

ย 

Surprisingly only KO was on the ice for both games and in the same position (2 RW).

A quick examination shows clearly why we are in the messย  we are in.ย  Beside Jack, Sam, ROR, Scandella and McCabe, no one on that team was someone to build around.ย ย 

Today's team may lack the dynamic skills of Eichel or the two way play of ROR, but if I'm being honest, I like the current team so much better.ย  The new team is actually 3 forward lines deep talent wise instead of 2 and has two good D pairing instead of just two good D.ย  I also see 8 guys to build around in Tuch, Krebs, TnT, Mitts, Cozens, Joki, Samuelsson and Dahlin.ย ย 

ย 

โ€ฆ and we have a better coach now, a better prospect pipeline, and far better team chemistry.ย 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Quite possibly the worst professional sports game ever announced. A some what cool podcast to listen to with old Wayne-isms , maybe.ย 

Three and a half hours of Rob Ray ? Yes, please. I down loaded the WGR app hoping he was calling the game. I was so disappointed.

3 hours of Rob Ray stories > 3 hours of Gretzky storiesย 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Ghost of NS said:

3 hours of Rob Ray stories > 3 hours of Gretzky storiesย 

He had one funny line where he said he was still banned from midget hockey. Other than that, I found most everything he said for a full 2 1/2 hours to be rather unremarkable.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So far all I've been able to do is fast forward through the goals and the Dahlin Matthews Incident, but, damn, every time I stopped, Wayne was rambling. I'll never understand the league wanting to showcase the game to potential fans by making it sound like the game is not worthy of attention. I don't like soccer but when I hear the passionate announcers, it makes me want to at least give the sport a try.

Well, only fools rush in.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What a difference 4 years makes

Lineup for the Heritage Classis

Skinner Thompson Tuch

VO Mittelstadt KO

Krebs Cozens hinostroza

Bjork Eakin Hayden

Dahlin Jokiharju

Samuelsson Bryson

Hagg Pysyk

Anderson

Lineup for the 2018 Winter Classic

Girgensons Eichel Reinhart

Kane ROR KO

Pouliot ERod Pominville

Larsson Josefson Nolan

Scandella Ristolainen

McCabe Bogosian

Gorges Beailieu

Lehner

ย 

Surprisingly only KO was on the ice for both games and in the same position (2 RW).

A quick examination shows clearly why we are in the messย  we are in.ย  Beside Jack, Sam, ROR, Scandella and McCabe, no one on that team was someone to build around.ย ย 

Today's team may lack the dynamic skills of Eichel or the two way play of ROR, but if I'm being honest, I like the current team so much better.ย  The new team is actually 3 forward lines deep talent wise instead of 2 and has two good D pairing instead of just two good D.ย  I also see 8 guys to build around in Tuch, Krebs, TnT, Mitts, Cozens, Joki, Samuelsson and Dahlin.ย ย 

ย 

This line-up and the ones of the other teams of the XGMTM and XGMJB eras are a scathing indictment of their abilities to create full NHL line-ups.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a ridiculous amount of complaining about the announcers in here. ย FFS. ย That was a great freaking win. ย The team is coming together. ย They are fun to watch. ย They are finally getting respectable goaltending from the old man. ย Dahlin is turning into a star. ย Cozens brought the thunder again. ย They beat Toronto in a national TV outdoor game that wasnโ€™t slowed down due to the elements.

There was so much to like about that game, especially on the heels of the Vegas game.

Thatโ€™s what matters. ย 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

There is a ridiculous amount of complaining about the announcers in here. ย FFS. ย That was a great freaking win. ย The team is coming together. ย They are fun to watch. ย They are finally getting respectable goaltending from the old man. ย Dahlin is turning into a star. ย Cozens brought the thunder again. ย They beat Toronto in a national TV outdoor game that wasnโ€™t slowed down due to the elements.

There was so much to like about that game, especially on the heels of the Vegas game.

Thatโ€™s what matters. ย 

Did you watch the same broadcast as we did?

• Like (+1) 2

Another great game. This game showcased the importance of good goaltending. When you get it you generally win, when you don't you generally lose. Management had better get this right next season. Anderson, Toker is not the future to win playoff games. We must have a good goalie duo if we want a great next season.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Thatโ€™s what matters. ย 

The Toronto homerism of the studio crew was also ridiculous. ย  Boohoo, your goaltending sucks! ย Whoโ€™s this Bizz guy? ย Did he play in the NHL?
ย 

This was a Buffalo home game at a site about equidistant from Buffalo & Toronto. ย They seemed like a Maple Leafs studio crew.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Albert had no chance yesterday. He tried but so much talking I eventually watched with volume off. All hockey broadcasts are becoming like this. I know I'm old but I grew up with analyst speaking only during stoppages. You can tell RJ hates when Ray is babbling during the action and he just waits for him to shut up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

The Toronto homerism of the studio crew was also ridiculous. ย  Boohoo, your goaltending sucks! ย Whoโ€™s this Bizz guy? ย Did he play in the NHL?
ย 

This was a Buffalo home game at a site about equidistant from Buffalo & Toronto. ย They seemed like a Maple Leafs studio crew.

Am i the only one who liked it? I relished every ounce of their pain and thought it made the day that much more enjoyable.

I think Ian and Anson are really good, but those two guys on the outside are just drips. They have the personality of a shrub. I found that way more unwatchable than their homerism.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anybody really miss Jack? Or Sam? Or Risto? I am so glad they did what they did with the team. They are fast, entertaining, and even have heart!!! When was the last time we could say that?ย  Probably back when we had Danny Briere Peca etc...

ย  ย As for announcers, up here in Canada we had Sportsnet guys trying their best to make the Leafs sound good and the Sabres whatever. Toronto is starved for any kind of success from their hockey team and again this year the team started great and got their hopes up. Now it seems they are on the same path as every other year. Clearly defensively they are a mess and are spending far tooย  much on a few guys (and an aging Traveres at 10 or 11 mill is absurd). They play with absolutely no defensive system and of course they always blame goaltending.ย 

ย  ย One way or the other, whatย  great win (again).ย 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.