GDT: 3/13/2022, Leafs @ Sabres, 4pm on Sportsnet and TNT 📺

LGR4GM

10 minutes ago, Norcal said:

It was just silence, and they kicked it back for more Wayne. Oh man so good.

Now they're starting to give the boys a little credit. 

The only thing Gretz has had to offer after his playing career is his puck bunny daughter up to service NHL players 

Edited by inkman

10 minutes ago, Norcal said:

It was just silence, and they kicked it back for more Wayne. Oh man so good.

Now they're starting to give the boys a little credit. 

Enjoying the Leafs suck excuses on TNT postgame! How about you even out your roster- 3 forwards above $10MM, no D, and sieve for G. Looking forward to another one n done for the leefzzz.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I want a Mathews suspension.  That was a deliberate and dangerous hit.  So glad Cozens lit him up.   

Me too.......Its a big deal, I don't give a sh** if its Matthews, Crosby or Marchand, IT'S ABOUT THE MESSAGE THE RESPONSE SENDS

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Nice win.  It was a back and forth game.

Sabres got the bounces and calls  in the 3rd.  Hinistroza should buy a lotto ticket on the way home.

They also didn’t back down when Leafs started pressing late.

Dahlin has developed an attitude where he doesn’t take crap from anyone anymore, I love it.  The clean payback hit that Cozens laid on Matthews was a thing of beauty, I loved that too.

Cozens is probably my favorite player right now.  He has exactly the correct amount of DGAF, crazy SOB in his game.  I love it.  He is going figure out how to give a little more on offense too.

This team has really been exercising their heart lately.  I love that.

He hasn’t had much help.  Meatballs has been giving him a lot of garbage wingers.  I think Donny does it because he knows Dylan can handle it.

• Like (+1) 2

One lesson that this game demonstrated is when in doubt shoot the puck. A couple of goals by Hinostroza and Krebs were fluky but that's hockey. 

Anderson was stout and efficient in this game. He was adept at moving the puck to a player to get it out of the zone. 

If I were giving out stars I would give the first star to Hinostroza. The second star would go to Anderson.  I thought Krebs played well and showed more willingness to shoot. I also liked the play of Skinner. 

Prior to the game the analyst near the benches (Jones) noted that the Sabre bench was active while the Toronto bench was sedate. The play reflected the respective benches attitude. 

Something is very amiss with the Maple Leafs. 

Cozens is becoming the fighting spirit on this team. He is leading this team by his hard core style of play. 

The one negative aspect in playing on outside game is the condition of the ice. It makes it difficult to skate.

At the end of the game the camera went to a smiling Pegula. I hope that is a sign that he is very invested in winning. 

Winning games over the past six games or so offers hope for the not too distant future. I'm hoping this offseason the organization uses some of its abundant assets to add a few more good players. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

A total embarrassment for the Leaves.  I blame the Pegulas.

I blame the worst broadcast crew with the worst studio show.  G-d it was painful to listen to.  Awful.  

For the first time in a decade + since Lucic hit Miller, this team has backbone, skill and a positive attitude.  

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

One lesson that this game demonstrated is when in doubt shoot the puck. A couple of goals by Hinostroza and Krebs were fluky but that's hockey. 

Anderson was stout and efficient in this game. He was adept at moving the puck to a player to get it out of the zone. 

If I were giving out stars I would give the first star to Hinostroza. The second star would go to Anderson.  I thought Krebs played well and showed more willingness to shoot. I also liked the play of Skinner. 

Prior to the game the analyst near the benches (Jones) noted that the Sabre bench was active while the Toronto bench was sedate. The play reflected the respective benches attitude. 

Something is very amiss with the Maple Leafs. 

Cozens is becoming the fighting spirit on this team. He is leading this team by his hard core style of play. 

The one negative aspect in playing on outside game is the condition of the ice. It makes it difficult to skate.

At the end of the game the camera went to a smiling Pegula. I hope that is a sign that he is very invested in winning. 

Winning games over the past six games or so offers hope for the not too distant future. I'm hoping this offseason the organization uses some of its abundant assets to add a few more good players. 

No defense, no goaltending and soft.  Same team since I was born.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.