GDT: 3/13/2022, Leafs @ Sabres, 4pm on Sportsnet and TNT 📺

LGR4GM

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm fairly certain the owner didn't want to fire the coach last year. I think it took Adams flying to Florida to say it must happen for it to happen.

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that it was Adams who convinced the owner to fire Krueger. And that reluctance to fire Krueger sooner rather than later was another one of the owner's bad decisions. I give Adams credit for putting in the effort to coax the owner to do what he was hesitant to do. My opinion is that the owner got tired of paying people who were no longer working for him. 

I fully agree, Terry had likely written off the season at that point and Adams convinced him that firing Krueger would help the team regardless of the season's status.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

“Jason Botterill's father, Cal Botterill, was Ralph Krueger's teacher and hockey coach at St John's-Ravenscourt Prep School”

Yes. Botterill confirmed this in the same interview when he said he did not know him prior to the process of hiring him.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are the Sabres in now the Leaf’s heads?  10-3 in the last two games.  We dominated from the opening whistle the first game and were the better team in the Heritage Classic.  Honestly they looked lost at the end of the outdoor game.  

200.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

If someone has already posted this interview I apologize for the redundancy. Within this WGR link is a 20 minute segment with Don Granato on the Howard and Jeremy Show. The coach is a compelling interview who answers the questions asked of him. He talked about the Toronto game and the atmosphere. And he made a number of comments about specific players such as Dahlin, Cozens, incident with Krebs, Samuelsson and Anderson. His comments about Samuelsson mirror the comments made about him here on the board. And his comments about Anderson suggest to me that he is not going to be dealt at the trade deadline. 

Great hockey talk. 

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy-show

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.