GDT: 3/13/2022, Leafs @ Sabres, 4pm on Sportsnet and TNT 📺

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, I miss Sam Reinhart every single day. Reinhart as the 2nd line center on this team at 6mil for another 4 years would have been great.

Sam would have been more than worth it on a $7 M on a 5 yr deal with the Sabres. If Reinhart were on the Sabres, the rebuild timetable would be shortened. Not getting him signed to a long-term deal when he was willing to sign a few years back was one of the biggest blunders this franchise has ever made. This franchise's setbacks were mostly self-induced. It's maddening. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Sam would have been more than worth it on a $7 M on a 5 yr deal with the Sabres. If Reinhart were on the Sabres, the rebuild timetable would be shortened. Not getting him signed to a long-term deal when he was willing to sign a few years back was one of the biggest blunders this franchise has ever made. This franchise's setbacks were mostly self-induced. It's maddening. 

Unless Levi becomes a top goalie, then all bets are off

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Krueger took a $9 M player in Skinner and turned him into a $150,000 scrub. Granato took the same player and made him into a $7 M player. He then put him on a revamped first line that can hold up with any first line in the league. You don't have to be an analytical wizard to understand the return on the dollars spent.

Another player that has blossomed under DG is Tage. He moved him from the wing to the center spot. Now Tage is emerging as a worthy first line center and became one of our biggest scoring threats. Krueger had a tendency of caging players while Granato knowns how to open the door and unleash their talents. 

One of the biggest faults of Krueger when coaching players is that he straitjackets players that limits them while Granato adjusts to the player and maximizes their assets while also managing their limitations. That's what coaching is all about! 

Let's not even bring up Dahlin. Under Granato Dahlin is emerging as one of the top players in the league whose creativity and flow are something to marvel at. Under Krueger Dahlin became robotic and over-thought the game to the point of constant hesitancy. In a year and a half Krueger crushed the soul of his players and of the fanbase. The amount of damage the erudite coach did in his short stint is astounding. 

Any job interview Jason Botterill has in the future he needs to be asked what on earth he was thinking hiring RK to coach the Sabres. Then he needs to be shown the door and never hired for a front office position again.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Any job interview Jason Botterill has in the future he needs to be asked what on earth he was thinking hiring RK to coach the Sabres. Then he needs to be shown the door and never hired for a front office position again.

Look at the Seattle expansion draft. It has botterill and his fear of risks all over it. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Coaches get hired and fail all the time. JB was looking for his Granato, and he came up with Krueger instead. He was on the right track, but his selection didn’t work out. It started out pretty good, it just didn’t end well.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fantastic game.

Dahlin’s a grown ass man.

And watch the hell out when Cozens becomes one as well.

I’m glad I got the Canadian feed.

Oh, and Terry in a varsity jacket sighting!!

I’ll cruise the thread later today, with any luck.

Like Ter asked that Korean girl after the game if she'd wear his ring but she was like I gotta go waitress at the diner and Ter was all I'm gonna get us outta this town someday.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Like Ter asked that Korean girl after the game if she'd wear his ring but she was like I gotta go waitress at the diner and Ter was all I'm gonna get us outta this town someday.

Lord help us. (What restaurant was that, btw - was it the infamous Beef n Barrel?)

More (?) seriously: It was cool that he was there talking with Cozens after the dust up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Harrington - “ I have a REAL question”….the arrogance is amazing.  That’s right Mike, stand back, show the media how to ask a proper question at a press conference.  And then he follows this up with a question on their Semi Pro uni’s.  What a delta bravo. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

It's called bad management.  Murray was bad.  Botterill was bad.  

So far Adams score card looks good:   (1) Granato hire;  (2) getting Tuch/Krebs/#1 pick for Eichel in a tough situation;  (3) the Risto trade could be another positive when we see the results;   (4) The Reinhart trade, while it was hard to lose a player like Sam, Levi could be special.  

Adams is coming up to a very important off season.  He must improve the team to take another step up, bring fans back, and continue to add to the development pipeline all while not screwing up the cap.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He is w Seattle Kracken……

40 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lord help us. (What restaurant was that, btw - was it the infamous Beef n Barrel?)

More (?) seriously: It was cool that he was there talking with Cozens after the dust up.

He's not a heathen! It was The Old Library.

6 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

The best player they got was giordano and they are dumping him at the deadline most likely.  

Is Giordano a FA after this season?  Would he be worth a looksy?  If Adams could grab him it might put him up in Bean stratosphere... just not sure of $s

43 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Harrington - “ I have a REAL question”….the arrogance is amazing.  That’s right Mike, stand back, show the media how to ask a proper question at a press conference.  And then he follows this up with a question on their Semi Pro uni’s.  What a delta bravo. 

Not to defend him but I think he meant he had a real question after the semi-pro one

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.