Peters Says to Expect Major Changes to the Organization Before End of Season

Flashsabre

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/sbd-the-end-of-the-paul-hamilton-athon-1269215340

Paul Hamilton at around 15:00 states that he has heard from 3 sources that people are interested in buying the Sabres. He then says the highest execs at PSE have called to flatly deny the Sabres are for sale.

Hamilton also really really really doesn’t like the seats at the arena.😀

Both can be true. There could be people who think they could do a better job with the team and want to buy it, but the Pegulas don’t want to sell.

And I concur about the seats. The last game I went to I got seats in the top row so I could stand because at 6’3” my legs get crushed trying to fit them in. Plus they’re not as wide as movie theater seats either.

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/sbd-the-end-of-the-paul-hamilton-athon-1269215340

Paul Hamilton at around 15:00 states that he has heard from 3 sources that people are interested in buying the Sabres. He then says the highest execs at PSE have called to flatly deny the Sabres are for sale.

Hamilton also really really really doesn’t like the seats at the arena.😀

I can’t imagine why this guy has a problem with the seats at the arena 

B98760F2-B693-425E-91CD-58E1DD98094D.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

With attendance so woeful, I see any kind of fan "reachout" to be as normal a state of business affairs as working on next year's landscaping budget. No one's going to tell the people in charge of those things to hold off, and the people in charge of those things would not know to hold off bc the team is being sold. That said, reading the tea leaves is fun. I hope you're wrong, obv.

No, this is afaict something more than they've done this century and different from past attempts to reach out.  And, though it's a small gesture in the grand scheme, IMHO it IS significant.

And they already know several thousand Canadian fans will be back next year as they've already taken their money.  So without doing a single thing positive attendance would be significantly up.  More so than in any other US based rink almost definitely.

On 2/13/2022 at 12:34 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

You make good points but losing Briere and Drury was the start of the morass we are in now.

I would add Miller getting run over in the crease versus Bruins. I think Drury and Briere leaving started the fall. The thud was Miller getting run and no one standing up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

I would add Miller getting run over in the crease versus Bruins. I think Drury and Briere leaving started the fall. The thud was Miller getting run and no one standing up.

Not to pick a nit, but Lucic / Miller didn't happen in the crease.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

No, this is afaict something more than they've done this century and different from past attempts to reach out.  And, though it's a small gesture in the grand scheme, IMHO it IS significant.

And they already know several thousand Canadian fans will be back next year as they've already taken their money.  So without doing a single thing positive attendance would be significantly up.  More so than in any other US based rink almost definitely.

Sorry, what have I missed?

Are the Pegulas actually doing something in terms of courting fans/marketing the team?

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Sorry, what have a missed?

Are the Pegulas actually doing something in terms of courting fans/marketing the team?

@Taro T is the second season ticket holder that paused this season to mention a *reach out* by the team.  The other was @spndnchz, I think in the complaints thread.

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

There just aren't enough Wilburys anymore.

Imo that’s anything but All right 

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sorry, what have I missed?

I wonder who’s idea it was to drastically revamp/modernize their social media presence for this season. Revamped, it has certainly been 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/25/2022 at 10:46 AM, That Aud Smell said:

JAG. An active member of Sabres Twitter is all. And it’s just a take - not a sourced rumor. But it’s also of a piece with the undercurrent of the Pegulas’ looking for an off ramp from owning the Sabres.

Appreciated. I might have missed it since Bone has me blocked on Twitter (for reasons unknown).

If you ever replied to a tweet that was even slightly against what he said he blocks you. I am blocked also 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Two or less said:

No idea how reliable Bardown Buffalo is, but they seem confident.

Bardown has 89 followers. What possible insight could some smuck ( just like me) have that a real insider doesn't? 

No offense to you Two, thank you for sharing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.