Peters Says to Expect Major Changes to the Organization Before End of Season

Flashsabre

26 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

also had our best success under him , Quinn and Regier and those people aren't  usually thought of in good terms.

Quite the opposite. Always liked the job Regier did. I thought he got ragged on unfairly. He built that post-lockout team. People would bust on him for holding out for better trades. Gee.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You make good points but losing Briere and Drury was the start of the morass we are in now.

No.  Losing Briere and Drury brought the team from Cup contender to fringe playoff team.  It in no way was cause for a string of 11 years outside the playoffs.  It was emotionally devastating though.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Pegula haters don’t count the Bills.

I don't hate Pegula. I hate Pegula as owner of the Sabres. I don't give a good ***** (god d amn, not The Big One) if he wins 10 Super Bowls in a row and cures baldness in the process. My hockey team's doomsday clock is at 11:58 p.m. because of him.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SabresVet said:

When you gonna go back to TBD to rag on fans not being fan enough?

When they deserve it, duh.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

No.  Losing Briere and Drury brought the team from Cup contender to fringe playoff team.  It in no way was cause for a string of 11 years outside the playoffs.  It was emotionally devastating though.

My flawed recollection was Regier's pain comment soon after Briere and Drury's departure. Am I off?

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't hate Pegula. I hate Pegula as owner of the Sabres. I don't give a good ***** (god d amn, not The Big One) if he wins 10 Super Bowls in a row and cures baldness in the process. My hockey team's doomsday clock is at 11:58 p.m. because of him.

I always envisioned you having a beef with Terry because, I don't know, you were going to propose to waitress Kim before Terry swept her off her feet? Something like that. 😋

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I always envisioned you having a beef with Terry because, I don't know, you were going to propose to waitress Kim before Terry swept her off her feet? Something like that. 😋

You're confusing him with Aud Smell.

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My flawed recollection was Regier's pain comment soon after Briere and Drury's departure. Am I off?

Yes. At least if you mean the infamous suffering comment.

it was maybe 5 years later?

Post Ehrhoff/Leino free agency failure, when Darcy was basically revealing that Terry had green-lit the tank.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When they deserve it, duh.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Yes. At least if you mean the infamous suffering comment.

it was maybe 5 years later?

Post Ehrhoff/Leino free agency failure, when Darcy was basically revealing that Terry had green-lit the tank.

It was 2013: https://www.diebytheblade.com/2013/5/3/4267540/buffalo-sabres-season-recap-darcy-regier-suffering

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We could use a poll to see what folks here think are the most likely organizational changes this off-season.

Right now I believe that TP will sell a stake in the team and that Karmanos will be promoted to GM with KA becoming team President.  

I'm not sure what the bold represents in terms of what each man actually does, but I don't think Kevyn Adams has any interest in not having the final say in hockey decisions.

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

People would bust on him for holding out for better trades. Gee.

"Waiting for the market to set."  I think that was the expression.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't hate Pegula.

You used to.  I could dig up posts where you tried to link him to the Penn State sex scandal.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

"Waiting for the market to set."  I think that was the expression.

You used to.  I could dig up posts where you tried to link him to the Penn State sex scandal.

I'd like to see them. It was a valid line of discussion. After all the man who guided Terry through the sale process and the man Terry hired on as special advisor was an important person at Second Mile. I'm no GoDD though.

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yup. That's how it starts.

Hopefully.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

More like he told my mom he'd get us out of this trailer I'm still stuck in. And he gave my baseball glove to his own son the night I threw a baseball at his head and broke his enormous glasses. I mean, Jesus, how could I miss?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

Those two things were 6 years apart.

I said my recollection is flawed. The past is a blur.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

More like he told my mom he'd get us out of this trailer I'm still stuck in. And he gave my baseball glove to his own son the night I threw a baseball at his head and broke his enormous glasses. I mean, Jesus, how could I miss?

I figured it was something personal.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'd like to see them. It was a valid line of discussion. After all the man who guided Terry through the sale process and the man Terry hired on as special advisor was an important person at Second Mile. I'm no GoDD though.

Eh.  I'm too lazy to do my own research.  The memory I have though is that you were so hard over against TP I put you on ignore for a while.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Those two things were 6 years apart.

If you're old enough, that seems like about a month, give or take.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 11:31 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Whatever happened to ol’ Uncle Cliff and his shelter for military-vets-single-moms?

On 2/14/2022 at 12:06 PM, PASabreFan said:

May he virtually rest in peace.

There was smoke there. How much? I can’t now recall.

I’d pay $38 for that picture of Cliffy lurking as the children of the residents were enjoying story time with … some Pegula Sports muckity muck (?) or another local dignitary. (It’s been scrubbed from the relevant photo shoot, AFAICT.) That guy gave off the bad vibes.

Finally: The reason I bumped this thread and fwiw:

95696145-FD4A-4B5C-A021-BDF9AFD6C8BD.thumb.jpeg.21583f78b46cacddaa7400f57e3a79e6.jpeg

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.