Peters Says to Expect Major Changes to the Organization Before End of Season

Flashsabre

15 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Bardown has 89 followers. What possible insight could some smuck ( just like me) have that a real insider doesn't? 

No offense to you Two, thank you for sharing. 

Uh he doubled down and @ all the rumour people so obviously he knows.😛

There is a lot of fire around a sale though so I wonder what is up.

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The idea of Jemal putting a group together to buy the Sabres is simultaneously laughable and terrifying. That guy is of a piece with the Simpsons’ “monorail!” charlatan.

Nothing would be more Buffalo than having a convicted felon own the team.  Again.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't see any fire at all. I see tweets and innuendo from Peters.

Peter’s has been pretty transparent that what he has heard is that the Sabres are probably for sale, at least a minority stake.

He has been asking Elliot Friedman on his podcast what he knows about a possible sale literally every week for over a month.

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

Peter’s has been pretty transparent that what he has heard is that the Sabres are probably for sale, at least a minority stake.

He has been asking Elliot Friedman on his podcast what he knows about a possible sale literally every week for over a month.

And Friedman has repeatedly said he has heard nothing of the sort. 

I understand Peters connecting dots with the Sabres absolute minimum budget, but there hasn’t been one smell of actual smoke from any reliable source on this. 

It also doesn’t make any sense. We all know Terry loves the Sabres and they’re finally starting to rebuild properly. Could he get sick of the losses year after year?? Maybe.
But his wealth has probably increased over the pandemic as most other billionaires. Selling the team has nothing to do with cash flow. 

The only thing that makes sense is if Kim says she is done with hockey and the negative press/fan backlash.  Other than that, I don’t see Terry selling. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't see any fire at all. I see tweets and innuendo from Peters.

1) Peters says something is up

2) Paul Hamilton states 3 sources have told him people are talking to the team about a sale

3) a poster on another board says Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai is the name floating around Buffalo circles about being interested in the team.

4) This guy says that Jemal and a group are interested.

There is some fire. I have no idea how legit any of it is but there are a lot of rumours going around about it lately.

10 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I understand Peters connecting dots with the Sabres absolute minimum budget, but there hasn’t been one smell of actual smoke from any reliable source on this. 

It also doesn’t make any sense. We all know Terry loves the Sabres and they’re finally starting to rebuild properly. Could he get sick of the losses year after year?? Maybe.
But his wealth has probably increased over the pandemic as most other billionaires. Selling the team has nothing to do with cash flow. 

The only thing that makes sense is if Kim says she is done with hockey and the negative press/fan backlash.  Other than that, I don’t see Terry selling. 

Agree, and to further that thinking.  Why kick off the Fan Council if you're dumping the team?  Why bother when it's the next guy's problem?

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Wait….. did that happen?

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

No, that’s not at all what Friedman has said.

Friedman has said that he has also heard rumors of people discussing purchasing the Sabres, but speculates that it may not be the right time with the Bills stadium decision up in the air.

He also said that he heard that the Pegulas were approached by potential buyers, but were only interested in selling a minority share, but the buyers only wanted to purchase a majority stake.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Nothing would be more Buffalo than having a convicted felon own the team.  Again.

24 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Jemal  was convicted of fraud but was  pardoned by Trump who was going to buy the Bills. It all makes sense.🤪😁

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Agree, and to further that thinking.  Why kick off the Fan Council if you're dumping the team?  Why bother when it's the next guy's problem?

Yep.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

No, that’s not at all what Friedman has said.

Friedman has said that he has also heard rumors of people discussing purchasing the Sabres, but speculates that it may not be the right time with the Bills stadium decision up in the air.

He also said that he heard that the Pegulas were approached by potential buyers, but were only interested in selling a minority share, but the buyers only wanted to purchase a majority stake.

I listened to that and Friedman said he heard interested parties/outsiders. He never said he heard the Pegula’s interested in selling a majority stake. 

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I listened to that and Friedman said he heard interested parties/outsiders. He never said he heard the Pegula’s interested in selling a majority stake. 

Reread what he wrote. Pegulas might be interested in selling a minority share but the buyers want to buy a majority share instead.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

The idea of Jemal putting a group together to buy the Sabres is simultaneously laughable and terrifying. That guy is of a piece with the Simpsons’ “monorail!” charlatan.

He’s built successful teams in multiple cities! And boy did he ever put them on the map 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

1) Peters says something is up

2) Paul Hamilton states 3 sources have told him people are talking to the team about a sale

3) a poster on another board says Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai is the name floating around Buffalo circles about being interested in the team.

4) This guy says that Jemal and a group are interested.

There is some fire. I have no idea how legit any of it is but there are a lot of rumours going around about it lately.

FWIW, Hamilton recently said unequivocally that his sources have told him the team is not for sale (and I think he said no minority stake either).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Every project that he has gotten involved in the Buffalo area has been successfully followed through. The Seneca One project was a large and complicated project.  When he took over this white elephant that was dormant for years he stated in advance what his plans were for it. It took time but he steadily moved forward with the implementation of his plans and in the end this long time barren and unused landscape became a center of economic and social activity. The downtown police HQ was successfully turned into apartments.  

I have no clue whether he is interested in buying the Sabres or Pegulas have any interest in selling the franchise. But what I can say is that Douglas Jemal is a serious and accomplished developer. This outsider has been a tremendous asset to Western NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

FWIW, Hamilton recently said unequivocally that his sources have told him the team is not for sale (and I think he said no minority stake either).

What he said was that multiple sources have told him that there have been talks with interested parties but that the higher ups at PSE contacted him to say that it is not true.

There might be interested parties who have approached the Pegulas but they are not interested right now in any sale with minority stake or outright sale.

Just spitballing on this Jamel guy, but would he really be that involved I wonder?  Wikipedia says he is 79 and his two sons have prominent roles in his businesses.  If his “group” purchased the Sabres, I’m guessing it would the sons who are primarily involved.  79 seems a bit old to immerse yourself  into the world of sports team ownership.

Edited by Curt

Just now, Curt said:

Just spitballing on this Jamel guy, but would he really be that involved I wonder?  Wikipedia says he is 79 and his two sons have prominent in his businesses.  If his “group” purchased the Sabres, I’m guessing it would the sons who are primarily involved.  79 seems a bit old to immerse yourself  into the world of sports team ownership.

Maybe Jemal just wants to rebuild the arena.😁

@JohnC:Spare me, please. This is essentially a pump and dump scheme, and he’ll hope to get out with a tidy profit before the developer welfare incentives evaporate and he’s consequently illiquid.

The guy has been saying the quiet parts out loud.

image.thumb.png.2061f3d8ddbbc8a1738297bf1bdfd1c1.png

I’m hoping Jemal punks out before he can persuade Byron Brown to allow condos to be placed in City Hall.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.