Peters Says to Expect Major Changes to the Organization Before End of Season

Flashsabre

27 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Well if Chuck E Goods says it, then you know it’s true 🤦🏻‍♂️

As a related point, being a parent is the most rewarding thing I've ever done, but there are certainly major sacrifices that are part of the deal -- and one of them is spending time in Chuck E Cheese when your kids are young. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

As a related point, being a parent is the most rewarding thing I've ever done, but there are certainly major sacrifices that are part of the deal -- and one of them is spending time in Chuck E Cheese when your kids are young. 

As annoying as that place is, really miss it.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As annoying as that place is, really miss it.   

I can see missing the experience of having young kids, and taking them somewhere that they really enjoy, but missing Chuck E Cheese itself?  The ones in Rochester must've been a lot nicer than the ones I patronized.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/sbd-the-end-of-the-paul-hamilton-athon-1269215340

Paul Hamilton at around 15:00 states that he has heard from 3 sources that people are interested in buying the Sabres. He then says the highest execs at PSE have called to flatly deny the Sabres are for sale.

Hamilton also really really really doesn’t like the seats at the arena.😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/schopp-and-bulldog-20261/sbd-the-end-of-the-paul-hamilton-athon-1269215340

Paul Hamilton at around 15:00 states that he has heard from 3 sources that people are interested in buying the Sabres. He then says the highest execs at PSE have called to flatly deny the Sabres are for sale.

See also: denial, non-denial

Also: the seats have spoken. They don't like Paul.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Who is the tweeter?

JAG. An active member of Sabres Twitter is all. And it’s just a take - not a sourced rumor. But it’s also of a piece with the undercurrent of the Pegulas’ looking for an off ramp from owning the Sabres.

46 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Appreciated. I might have missed it since Bone has me blocked on Twitter (for reasons unknown).

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’d pay $38 for that picture of Cliffy lurking as the children of the residents were enjoying story time with … some Pegula Sports muckity muck (?) or another local dignitary. (It’s been scrubbed from the relevant photo shoot, AFAICT.) That guy gave off the bad vibes.

Finally: The reason I bumped this thread and fwiw:

95696145-FD4A-4B5C-A021-BDF9AFD6C8BD.thumb.jpeg.21583f78b46cacddaa7400f57e3a79e6.jpeg

I opened this thread hoping for some sign the Pegulas will go back to plowing the earth from above and not this franchise from behind. I'll take it!

The tweet might be inelegant, but it gets to the truth. I don't believe for a moment that Terry has some ingenious plan to rebuild the Sabres. He knows there's not a plan. He no longer cares, if he ever did. I look forward to reminding him of that fact, in one loud,lusty boo, if he has the audacity to appear on the ice to sully Rick's night. There's really no other logical explanation for the recent and current state of the team other than the above.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Back on topic, for those concerned about (or hoping for) the Pegulas selling a majority share of the team, pretty sure you don't kick off a fan reachout when you're getting ready to run out the door.

Are you assuming that everyone in the organization would be aware the team is being sold? Business as usual would be a good SOP if the team was being sold. If there's an effort to reach out to fans, whatever that means (chz posted something about being contacted by the team, I think), that could be seen as part and parcel of preparing the company to be sold.

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

A WHAT?!

You "heard" me.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you assuming that everyone in the organization would be aware the team is being sold? Business as usual would be a good SOP if the team was being sold. If there's an effort to reach out to fans, whatever that means (chz posted something about being contacted by the team, I think), that could be seen as part and parcel of preparing the company to be sold.

Why do the legwork for the next owners?  Can't see that adding to the purchase price offered them were they trying to sell a controlling/full interest in the team.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Poetry.

(Was thinking of the Lindy SC ring fan fic the other day.)

It is my gift to you for giving me the gift of hope today. All I really have today is the pulling back of drab, fraying curtains to see that the barren hills have yet to be nuked — and the thought of the a new owner during the greens of summer.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You "heard" me.

Why do the legwork for the next owners?  Can't see that adding to the purchase price offered them were they trying to sell a controlling/full interest in the team.

With attendance so woeful, I see any kind of fan "reachout" to be as normal a state of business affairs as working on next year's landscaping budget. No one's going to tell the people in charge of those things to hold off, and the people in charge of those things would not know to hold off bc the team is being sold. That said, reading the tea leaves is fun. I hope you're wrong, obv.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

What Paul actually said is that his sources have told him that the Sabres have been in discussions with people who are interested. That's a fair bit stronger than how you characterized it.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Re: the seats. I've never seen seats that are as scummy and filthy as Paul talked about. I always sit up top. Where are these deplorable seats?

The press box.  Members of the press are slobs and KBC staff gave up trying to clean them up.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

*Posts* is a bit of a stretch, eh?!

The tie between Chuck E Goods and @Saber61 is as strong as the tie between that tweet and the truth. 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.