GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

Has the Jack Adams Award ever been awarded after 3 games?😀

This team had no centres, lost Mitts in Game 1 and hasn’t missed a beat. Tage has stepped up at centre and been a beast.

The one guy that has really looked good is Asplund.

Dahlin is starting to look like he is back on the trajectory of a 1 OA draft pick.

I have no expectations for this season, just going to enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Digger said:

I don't care about Eichel but I was thinking that players on other teams are going to start to want to come here again because the style of play looks fun.  Keep it coming boys.  Well done tonight.

It looks tiring to me. Personally, I’d be searching for a keep 4 guys high and one forchecker type of situation.

• Haha (+1) 3

I'm not sure whether I'm more surprised that this team has won three games or that it has only allowed four goals in them.  But I'm definitely more optimistic than I was a week ago.

I wonder if Jack wishes he were part of this.  Oops--looks like @freesterbeat me to that last thought.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

Butcher said he lost some teeth! 

The legend begins. JK but yeah, makes it more impressive.

Listening to Butcher talk confirms whats going on in the room.

These guys are building something, we'll see what but I like it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Watching KO play under DG is further evidence what a terrible coach RK was and is.

I know the competition hasn’t been the top of the league, but this team is playing with the freedom and want of last year’s team once DG took over with good goaltending. Honestly it’s a pleasure to watch.  

Solid goals by Thompson and Skinner around the net.  Interesting stat tonight.  Balance PT tonight among the forwards at 14-15 minutes except Asplund who played 18.  Also balance with the D around 20 minutes except who Butcher 18 and Dahlin 16.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm not sure whether I'm more surprised that this team has won three games or that it has only allowed four goals in them.  But I'm definitely more optimistic than I was a week ago.

I wonder if Jack wishes he were part of this.  Oops--looks like @freesterbeat me to that last thought.

The more the Sabres play like this, the lower Eichel's value becomes. Plus the "incompetent franchise" narrative gets tough to push.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Watching KO play under DG is further evidence what a terrible coach RK was and is.

I know the competition hasn’t been the top of the league, but this team is playing with the freedom and want of last year’s team once DG took over with good goaltending. Honestly it’s a pleasure to watch.  

Solid goals by Thompson and Skinner around the net.  Interesting stat tonight.  Balance PT tonight among the forwards at 14-15 minutes except Asplund who played 18.  Also balance with the D around 20 minutes except who Butcher 18 and Dahlin 16.

It still amazes me how bad RK was.  Granato looks great by comparison, but I think he's really good even without being compared to RK. You get a feeling about someone and he seems to have 'it'.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The more the Sabres play like this, the lower Eichel's value becomes. Plus the "incompetent franchise" narrative gets tough to push.

No, it doesn't. The team has been a tire fire for a decade. Even if the new crew is great, that doesn't mean the group beforehand did a good job - they clearly, objectively didn't. 

They haven't managed to build a proper team - early signs are they might be now. But it doesn't erase the past. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.