GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Probably the best post and take I've seen on the matter by a fair amount, and significantly better than anything I've cobbled together on the issue.

Quote eternal on that one

Very illuminating due to the contextualizing of the issue. Quite a contrast compared to the caricaturing and demonizing of a player on this topic. I understand why there are different/conflicting perspectives coming from the organization and the player. It's a multifaceted and complex issue that too many people try to simplify. It's not about good guys and bad guys. Each party to this saga is trying to act in their own best interest. In the real world life isn't always simple. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Name a Sabre coach who has directly or indirectly described Jack as a problem in the locker room? Name a player who has directly or indirectly described Jack as a problem in the locker room? There is a negative narrative being made and advanced without supporting evidence. The demonizing of a player without supporting evidence is not fair or right. 

Nor is calling poster who disagrees with you naive amongst other things.  

Also there is evidence that Jack had a click in the locker room and you were in Jack’s circle or you weren’t.  KO’s letter also implies that there were issues in the locker room in prior seasons.  Also DG/KA have said time and again that they only want players that want to be here. That is a clear statement that the locker room was inhabited by some guys who were going through the motions and didn’t want to be here.  There is also evidence that KA was listening to offers for Jack before the injury.  While Jack might not have been the source of all the issues, he certainly wasn’t a leader to build a team moving in the same direction.  

Since Jack’s injury last year the team is completely different in attitude and effort, add that to the evidence above, that is enough for me and others to believe that Jack was part of the problem and not the solution.

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Nor is calling poster who disagrees with you naive amongst other things.  

Also there is evidence that Jack had a click in the locker room and you were in Jack’s circle or you weren’t.  KO’s letter also implies that there were issues in the locker room in prior seasons.  Also DG/KA have said time and again that they only want players that want to be here. That is a clear statement that the locker room was inhabited by some guys who were going through the motions and didn’t want to be here.  There is also evidence that KA was listening to offers for Jack before the injury.  While Jack might not have been the source of all the issues, he certainly wasn’t a leader to build a team moving in the same direction.  

Since Jack’s injury last year the team is completely different in attitude and effort, add that to the evidence above, that is enough for me and others to believe that Jack was part of the problem and not the solution.

Incorrect. It's since Granato took over. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I can accept that.  Getting Wormtongue/Rasputin gone was a significant help in changing the direction.

Undoubtedly. 

The Sabres lost their next 5 straight once Jack went out hurt.

By a score of 22-8

IT WAS RALPH

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Thorny said:

Granato also fielded a question about the room a while back, where I believe Jack was included within the context, Granato answered a little more pointedly than usual and his answer was basically: no one understands/knows what the room is actually like, the players are different than you see in interviews, the atmosphere is positive and upbeat. He’s been in the room with all of them - but this isn’t a place many are choosing to put the weight they usually attribute to his comments. 

He was specifically referring to Reinhart, but the point should still stand for Eichel.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/20/2021 at 9:17 AM, JohnC said:

Harrington noted that there were around 4000 plus fans in attendance. That is pathetic. It's gotten so bad that the Sabres didn't announce the attendance in the box score. 

Wasn't at the game, but on TV it looked like the center ice sections were filled better than the 1st 2 games meaning either more STHers actually used their tix or they found a price point to get their tix sold.

4,000 is a pretty fair guess and an increase over the 1st 2 games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see close to 8,000 Friday night as the STHers should actually show up in greater %ages than only 50%.

Which is about how many showed the 1st 2 games.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I can accept that.  Getting Wormtongue/Rasputin gone was a significant help in changing the direction.

The point that I and a very few others have been making is that the situation with the team and the organization was in a downward spiral. And with Granato as the coach there is a completely different environment in which a healthy Jack would not only thrive but also significantly benefit the team. So far in this early stage of the season this team is doing well. That' encouraging. However, it still lacks talent to be considered a serious team. Jettisoning one of the top players in the league (when healthy) for pennies on the dollar in my opinion is the wrong approach to take. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The point that I and a very few others have been making is that the situation with the team and the organization was in a downward spiral. And with Granato as the coach there is a completely different environment in which a healthy Jack would not only thrive but also significantly benefit the team. So far in this early stage of the season this team is doing well. That' encouraging. However, it still lacks talent to be considered a serious team. Jettisoning one of the top players in the league (when healthy) for pennies on the dollar in my opinion is the wrong approach to take. 

Do you honestly feel Eichel wants to play here and prefers that to being “jettisoned?” Of all the ways to describe trading a player, “jettisoned” is the most emotional I’ve seen. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Do you honestly feel Eichel wants to play here and prefers that to being “jettisoned?” Of all the ways to describe trading a player, “jettisoned” is the most emotional I’ve seen. 

I'm aware that the organization wants to move him and the player wants out. That's the situation right now. However, the stance by the GM is that he wants a high return back for him. Most people agree with that position. As of now the market indicates a severe diminution of his value because of his questionable health status. It is likely that a long time is going to pass before he will be dealt in order for his value to be restored. There is a good chance that it might not happen until the offseason. Can the situation change and the bad blood between the parties change to accommodation? I believe so. Most people don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm aware that the organization wants to move him and the player wants out. That's the situation right now. However, the stance by the GM is that he wants a high return back for him. Most people agree with that position. As of now the market indicates a severe diminution of his value because of his questionable health status. It is likely that a long time is going to pass before he will be dealt in order for his value to be restored. There is a good chance that it might not happen until the offseason. Can the situation change and the bad blood between the parties change to accommodation? I believe so. Most people don't. 

Stranger things have certainly happened. And I give you credit for the unbridled optimism. But…

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Stranger things have certainly happened. And I give you credit for the unbridled optimism. But…

Trust me my optimism on this issue is not unbridled. I'm aware that it's very likely that Jack will eventually be dealt. I just feel strongly that if you have a significant asset, even if is currently diminished, then that asset should not be dealt for less than full value. And because of his injury status it is going to take time for the value to be restored. As I have stated before I believe that KA is handling this situation very well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.