GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

But I think it works because the Sabres desperately need coaching and leadership.  Do you think he works out in, say, Washington?  I don't think so.

I tend to agree it's the type of team that's ripe for Meatballs.

That said, he does have the right stuff to lead these men. IMO

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

Nice win...relentless...pressure...turnovers...

But we know it didn't count because Vancouver is one of the worst teams in the NHL(common theme...every opponent the Sabres beat are apparently the worst team in the NHL according to posters)

That’s the rub. All off-season we were constantly brainwashed into believing that the Sabres were going to “historically” bad or how much worse can the worse team in the league possibly get. I don’t care if these teams are bad or not playoff teams. The are NHL teams and we are proving we are above them. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No, it doesn't. The team has been a tire fire for a decade. Even if the new crew is great, that doesn't mean the group beforehand did a good job - they clearly, objectively didn't. 

They haven't managed to build a proper team - early signs are they might be now. But it doesn't erase the past. 

The past can't be erased but who cares about that?  All you try to do is move on.  This team is helping.   

It possibly could also be exposing that it was more than just bad management.   5 starters and the best/among our best players are gone and we're better.  Coincidence? Probably not.   So it was both, IMO.

16 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Jack has his surgery, ready for the olympics, sabres are near the top of the standings and we add a healthy Eichel for the stretch run.

Nope… No chance Adams lets Eichel anywhere near the Sabre locker room… The guy is poison… He would spoil the great chemistry this group is building… 

The Sabres continue to score goals by going to the net. It’s so satisfying to see and so baffling why it’s taken so long.

It’s only 2 games, but Anderson has been best-case scenario Anderson. Exactly the calm, steady presence a team like ours needs. Does he have the stamina to continue? Does Tokarski have what it takes to give him the rest he needs?

It seems like falling behind won’t effect the way we play any more than pulling ahead has.

That goal was so prime Jeff Skinner. Do we dare dream?

Love me some Rasmus Asplund. I always had hopes he could be Curtis Brown. He’s looked like it so far this year. It’s not just Cozens, Mitts and Dahlin who have to take a step. The 2ndry guys like Asplund and Bryson and Joki have to show improvement too.

Canucks matched our effort in the 1st and I started thinking, this is what most of the season is going to look like; even if we continue playing this fast and working this hard, skill will eventually win out. Apparently not yet. Fitness, focus and preparation are still winning out over 3 periods.

My expectations haven’t changed. Just give me reasons to like you. So far, so good.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

The past can't be erased but who cares about that?  All you try to do is move on.  This team is helping.   

It possibly could also be exposing that it was more than just bad management.   5 starters and the best/among our best players are gone and we're better.  Coincidence? Probably not.   So it was both, IMO.

Ya, I understand that, def. I just had more of a general point on his trade value, I put it over in the proper thread though, no sense clogging the GDT

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No, it doesn't. The team has been a tire fire for a decade. Even if the new crew is great, that doesn't mean the group beforehand did a good job - they clearly, objectively didn't. 

They haven't managed to build a proper team - early signs are they might be now. But it doesn't erase the past. 

Why is it so hard for people to look at what's happening now without bringing up the last ten years? It is the past. Most of those people are gone. They can't hurt you anymore.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why is it so hard for people to look at what's happening now without bringing up the last ten years? It is the past. Most of those people are gone. They can't hurt you anymore.

It wasn't about lamenting the past, I was trying to explain why I feel his trade value won't be affected negatively by winning

• Like (+1) 1

Asplund led the forwards with 18 and 1/2 minutes. R2 was last with just over 12.

The other 10 forwards were all between 13:52 and 15:15.

Dahlin was the low D because he missed that time to get stitches. 

The other 5 D were between 18 and 21.

That is counting on every player. That is a team effort.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.