GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

Jack Eichel is the 2017 Sammy Watkins that was traded. All the potential in the world that could’ve helped the bills tremendously but not a fit on the team for many reasons 

Skinner, Dahlin and a slew of players were not good fits for Krueger. Under Granato that changed. As I have repeatedly said this Granato style of play is a perfect match for Jack. And that can't be denied. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Jack was on a line that was scoring goals at a higher rate than the other lines it would have more ice time than the other lines. In the style of play that Granato emphasizes that is predicated on speed and north/south play Jack's specific talents would be a terrific fit. There are some legitimate reasons to be critical of Jack but as a player his talents and how it would benefit this team shouldn't blithely be dismissed. Don't kid yourself a healthy Jack on this still developing team would elevate this team and its ranking in the league. 

Wouldn’t it be cool if this whole neck and trade thing was all a ruse and Jack and KA are pulling a Kucherov for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Jack Eichel is the 2017 Sammy Watkins that was traded. All the potential in the world that could’ve helped the bills tremendously but not a fit on the team for many reasons 

The Sabres never gave Jack the help and structure he needed, and now, Jack is unable to provide what this team needs due to him no longer being a character fit on the team - I buy that. 

It's not an irreparable clash of on-ice styles though, it's just not. Jack doesn't play a selfish brand of hockey. 

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It was basically never suggested over the past several years our play on ice was too Jack-centric, that he was being selfish out there and forcing the game to be funnelled through him. Come on - that was never a thing. He's a distributor out there, he gets other players the puck, he's not a selfish hockey player on ice at all. 

If I had a criticism of Jack it was for passing too much (most notably on PP) than shooting too much. As good as Jack was if he played on a more talented team he would even be better. The shame of this situation is that the team has the right coach and the organization is steadily upgrading the talent. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with the Jack situation! Even the team's doctor recommends a serious surgery to address his injury. 

Jesus. I know all this. Why is everyone so serious? Did I not ask “wouldn’t it be cool…?”

People need to lighten up.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Jesus. I know all this. Why is everyone so serious? Did I not ask “wouldn’t it be cool…?”

People need to lighten up.

What are you talking about Swamp? Get a grip. The Sabres are no where near the cap. Oh wait. You were joking. I knew that😂

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have no grudge against Ullmark.  He deserved his payday unlike the real chump of chumps Taylor Frickin Hall.

Me too, except why the dastardly Bruins?  He is one of them now.

Made no difference to me that Brad Friggin' Park was mostly a Ranger.  None atoll.

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Skinner, Dahlin and a slew of players were not good fits for Krueger. Under Granato that changed. As I have repeatedly said this Granato style of play is a perfect match for Jack. And that can't be denied. 

How about the skating 15-minutes-a-night, roll four balanced lines equally part?

(Jack's play style and skill set on the ice can fit with any coach's preferred play style. That's one of the defining characteristics of elite players.)

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

How about the skating 15-minutes-a-night, roll four balanced lines equally part?

(Jack's play style and skill set on the ice can fit with any coach's preferred play style. That's one of the defining characteristics of elite players.)

That could be completely accurate, but in the end thinking we are going to ride that type of style over the horizon and deep into the playoffs seems a pipe dream. Briere and Drury played more minutes than the others on those "roll 4 lines" teams. The teams that win in the playoffs almost always have stars. 

Vegas comes to mind, maybe the Islanders, but I'm pretty sure they still had guys (Stone, Barzal) skating more than others. I'll do some digging. 

Hypothetical - is there a scenario where you'd deny a true 1C calibre player, who's content to be here, in the name of wanting to keep strict balance?

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Besides Butcher making a mention of it, has it been verified that Anderson lost teeth? Granato or Anderson himself mention it?

Someone tried to reach Anderson for comment but was told he's having trouble speaking right now. 

So who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

It was basically never suggested over the past several years our play on ice was too Jack-centric, that he was being selfish out there and forcing the game to be funnelled through him. Come on - that was never a thing. He's a distributor out there, he gets other players the puck, he's not a selfish hockey player on ice at all. 

I may beg to differ. there were several times in each of the past few seasons he played, when he coughed up the puck in the offensive zone and couldn't be bothered to come back and provide some much needed backchecking. That was a selfish and he did this on several occasions and it was noted in this forum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's this true? There was nothing reported they in aware of.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Besides Butcher making a mention of it, has it been verified that Anderson lost teeth? Granato or Anderson himself mention it?

I saw a picture of Dahlin wearing a full shield today (Paul Hamilton tweet).  Maybe he lost some teeth?  If not, anyone know what's up with him?

22 minutes ago, Digger said:

I saw a picture of Dahlin wearing a full shield today (Paul Hamilton tweet).  Maybe he lost some teeth?  If not, anyone know what's up with him?

He left the game for awhile in the first but I didn’t see what happened. When he returned he had what looked like a cut near his mouth.

• Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, eman said:

I may beg to differ. there were several times in each of the past few seasons he played, when he coughed up the puck in the offensive zone and couldn't be bothered to come back and provide some much needed backchecking. That was a selfish and he did this on several occasions and it was noted in this forum.

I feel like there were alot of times it was Jack taking on 3 defenders and losing the puck over  the last several years. 

I feel like guys on the ice with him were guilty of standing around waiting for the great Jack Eichel to make a play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.