Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

Just now, nfreeman said:

Do you not think KA took the best offer he received?

I know you didn't ask me, but ... yes, I do.

I suspect his hands were tied by Sam.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not enough for Sam ffs, just a late 1st round pick.   What was the ***** hold up on this trade ? At least spencer knight should have come back along with Levi.   We got fleeced, and if he only signs 1 year florida will get more at the deadline.

A pending UFA will not get more at the deadline.

For anyone saying that KA should've gotten more:  do you not think this was the best offer he got?

I get being disappointed in the return, but wanting more is different from expecting your GM to get more.

Again:  if you think KA screwed this up -- how, specifically, did he do so? 

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I know you didn't ask me, but ... yes, I do.

I suspect his hands were tied by Sam.

A pending UFA will not get more at the deadline.

Of course you are right.  That's why Adams didn't even care if a team in the division traded for him.

He won't be there the following year, he will be in Vancouver.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It was $20.  I'll designate Roswell Park Hospital in Buffalo as the charity.

Sorry about this sir.  I know he's one of your favorites.  If it's any consolation, I think he'll have a solid career wherever he ends up, and that he's going to sign with a good team, so you'll probably going to be able to enjoy watching him in the playoffs sooner than would've been the case had he stayed here.

Hall almost certainly wouldn't have signed here without the NMC.

If Hall wouldn't have signed here without the NMC, then Kev should have moved on.  There's no reason why Sabres GMs have to be pants'd on every deal they make.

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

I think Levi is being highly underestimated here. 

I think this is a good trade. 

Maybe the Sabres are due for some good fortune and him turning into a really good goalie is part of the payoff.

This is a killer batch of hopium I'm on. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, nfreeman said:

Again:  do you think KA received better offers but chose this one?

I don’t know what other offers were made.  I have a hard time believing that out of 30 teams this is the best anyone would’ve offered.  Yes he will be on a one year deal but that one year means different things to different teams.  The return and KA’s inexperience go together like PB&J.  

If KA was an established and experienced GM then I’d say his hands were tied by external things.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

I don’t know what other offers were made.  I have a hard time believing that out of 30 teams this is the best anyone would’ve offered.  Yes he will be on a one year deal but that one year means different things to different teams.  The return and KA’s inexperience go together like PB&J.  

If KA was an established and experienced GM then I’d say his hands were tied by external things.

Why would KA have accepted a worse offer than the one someone else made?

I get that you want more and are PO'd, and you are hardly alone in feeling that way, but it is simply irrational to think that he didn't take the best offer.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

For anyone saying that KA should've gotten more:  do you not think this was the best offer he got?

I get being disappointed in the return, but wanting more is different from expecting your GM to get more.

Again:  if you think KA screwed this up -- how, specifically, did he do so? 

If your getting back basically a 2nd round pick and a goalie who likely won’t ever play for you then don’t trade him.  Let him play next season and trade him at deadline for whatever.  At least we get to see him play for another 6 months, and maybe even slightly increase value from crap you got now to not as bad crap you may get later.

Edited by COSabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

So how are we going to make the cap when we trade Jack for some picks and maybe a few so-so prospects? What are we going to do try and sign free agents? That would make a lot of sense...trade really good players like Sam and Jack then try to sign a free agent...who the hell will want top play here now? Heck for that matter most of the players left here will not want to be here once we stat losing again which obviously we did in great abundance last year with Sam and now we lose his goals and leadership. Guess Casey will be our #1 center for years to com,e as we did not even draft a center.  

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

i dont think sam is some superstar, but they traded a 60 point guy for basically 2 people that might never make the nhl?

just a salary dump?

I have a feeling that was part of it. They leaned out internally, and rumors were that the org was bleeding cash. Jb and Krueger still get checks. If ur the worst team on the league u may as well try and be neutral to profitable.

53 minutes ago, Courier-Express said:

I cancelled center ice last year. I had it since 2006 to watch the Sabres in Biloxi, MS. Love hockey, but don’t like to watch bad hockey every night. The Pegulas win. There is no hope. 

Remember that participating in this board has value to the Pegulas.

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Then keep him. We saw how he'd play, last season, it was really good - and he'd be playing for a contract, anyways. 

It's over.

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I usually agree with you when you are on this stream, but I suspect that in this case there were offers most of us would have considered “better.”

The Sabres probably think more of Levi than we do - more UPL than Dustin Tokarski.

I hope you would agree their assessment has more value than what some dudes just found in a quick Google search.

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

As much as it hurts letting go of some great players, I do like the prospect of not having all our eggs in one basket and assembling a very good (but not necessarily superstar) ensemble cast that will play hard for each other.  I think Donny Meatballs is the right guy to integrate that on the ice.  I just hope KA can bring in the right mix of players going forward.

It almost feels like quitting an admittedly ***** job to start a new one.  The transition is scary, but you know the old situation was bad.  You hope the new one will be better.

Great?

In my best George Carlin, Who?

(Relax, it'll work itself out.)

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Why would KA have accepted a worse offer than the one someone else made?

I get that you want more and are PO'd, and you are hardly alone in feeling that way, but it is simply irrational to think that he didn't take the best offer.

You tell me.  Sam Reinhardt, 30 teams, second overall pick, carries the team and produced last season, quiet professional.

All last season, trade deadline, expansion and NHL draft.  

No I do not think KA took the best offer.  I think he took the best offer today.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Remember that participating in this board has value to the Pegulas.

It's over.

I hope you would agree their assessment has more value than what some dudes just found in a quick Google search.

Great?

In my best George Carlin, Who?

(Relax, it'll work itself out.)

This honestly made me laugh, PA. 

Discuss the deal before it happens? "Go outside"

Discuss it after? "It's over"

😆

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Do you honestly believe that if KA had better offers he would have declined them to make this deal? Whether one is an experienced GM or a neophyte GM no GM who is half sentient is going to decline a better offer for a player that is going to be traded. 

I thought the Sabres would have gotten more in a Reinhart trade. I was wrong. Why is it surprising that when a player has leverage and has preferences as to where he wants to go that he will exercise that leverage? And why is it surprising that by exercising his contract leverage the market is going to be suppressed? Some hockey fans believe that real life NHL hockey should correspond with their fantasy hockey outlook on things. For those in their delusional world: It doesn't!   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.