Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Then keep him. We saw how he'd play, last season, it was really good - and he'd be playing for a contract, anyways. 

The other side of that is, if you KNOW he is gone next year...and you are pretty darn sure you aren't even going to sniff the playoffs.....why keep him around as your own rental when you could get a first round pick for him...espeically in a draft that might have some pretty good prospects in the middle to late first round compared to most other drafts?

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

No 's' ...

Why?  It is now very clear that Sam had given up on the Sabres and told them I want out as soon as possible, but I want my full UFA rights in another year to sign in Vancouver, or Seatlle.

He was going to be playing for a contract. He's not going to half-ass it. We already saw how he performed under Granato, I doubt his mind has flipped since season end 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Then keep him. We saw how he'd play, last season, it was really good - and he'd be playing for a contract, anyways. 

This is not without risk you know. Although he is a durable player, they do get injured. 

• Like (+1) 1

I feel pretty strongly that Sam basically told them he is indeed a rental headed to the northwest asap. Given that, i hate the return, but don't necessarily think that a different gm would have done much better after Buchnevich set the market. 

Eichel is not an RFA. I don't need a ridiculous return, but I need a good one that doesn't make me feel this deflated. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He was going to be playing for a contract. He's not going to half-ass it. We already saw how he performed under Granato, I doubt his mind has flipped since season end 

He is a good player and he is playing for his first UFA contract at that time.  I don't think his mind flipped either.  I think he stated this much even at the start of last season.  I think he was pissed with all the bridge deal stuff too.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
more goodly typing ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I feel pretty strongly that Sam basically told them he is indeed a rental headed to the northwest asap. Given that, i hate the return, but don't necessarily think that a different gm would have done much better after Buchnevich set the market. 

Eichel is not an RFA. I don't need a ridiculous return, but I need a good one that doesn't make me feel this deflated. 

Need to get some help for Jack, not all futures. We may have more cap space than Seattle once he is gone.

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is not without risk you know. Although he is a durable player, they do get injured. 

I know. It's just what I would have done - there's risk in any strategy. But given his health record, I'd take the chances we lose out on this return for what I think Reinhart would bring to the table for this team next season, and that's before getting the return we'd pretty likely get at the deadline

Just now, French Collection said:

Need to get some help for Jack, not all futures. We may have more cap space than Seattle once he is gone.

It's going to be all futures 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes getting a first in 2022 or 2023 where it's supposed to be a franchise  Changing drafts is super bad 

He was a second overall pick and carried the team in Jack’s absence.  That Risto got us more of a haul is funny.  The fact KA agreed to a conditional pick is disgusting.  At best Sam gets us an 11th overall or worse who might turn into an NHL player someday.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.