Stanley Cup Final 2021

Norcal

27 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Nah, Carolina beating Edmonton after the Sabres lost because they were down to their 9th defenseman was the worst.

Honest question for everyone  If you had the opportunity to change the outcome and we won the Stanley cup would you do it.

Let's remember if you change something everything in your life  Changes.

Let the games begin. 

Edited by Buffalonill

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Honest question for everyone  If you had the opportunity to change the outcome and we won the Stanley cup would you do it.

Let's remember if you change something everything in your life  Changes.

Let the games begin. 

Yes, it completely changes the city as a whole. Buffalo would no longer be a champion-less city. Perhaps we sign Briere, and have a serious contender that lasts into the early 2010s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's truly so bad... Makes me wonder how Montreal beat Toronto and Vegas 

Toronto lacks defense & goaltending.  2 key aspects for playoff advancement.

In Vegas, the coach kept going to the Fleury well even though Lehner was playing better, especially considering how tough it was for the Habs to generate rebound & 3rd chances.

So frustrating that I have followed the Bills and Sabres(and the Braves for the short time they were here) for 50+ years, and not a single championship between them...yet in Tampa they are about to celebrate their 3rd sports championship in less than 12 months...and if they didn’t have an idiot for a manager, they may also have added a WS Championship to that list. 

Sometimes being a sports fan is just not fair. 😞

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Yes, it completely changes the city as a whole. Buffalo would no longer be a champion-less city. Perhaps we sign Briere, and have a serious contender that lasts into the early 2010s.

Things happen for a reason if you take something back a negative effect will happen.

39 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Things happen for a reason if you take something back a negative effect will happen.

That’s not how any of this works this isn’t sci-fi. Nobody knows what would happen if something like that changed.

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, darksabre said:

They just can't get anything going. It's wild. Price is making heroic saves but it doesn't matter.

Winnipeg and Toronto (playoffs version) were always whatever. And Montreal looks like they should against Tampa. Really, it's Vegas that comes off the most noteworthy here, to me. What a stinker of a conference finals by that team. 

19 hours ago, Hoss said:

They just don’t have the talent to compete at this level. And I don’t want to take anything away from Tampa, though. If they stay together and healthy there’s no reason to expect anyone other than them to win championships for several years now.

Like I said, I see at least one more title in the near future for that team

19 hours ago, darksabre said:

I'd be happy if our team was Montreal next year though 

Totally. It's all about making the playoffs and that's what the goal should always be. 

Edited by Thorny

6 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Nah, Carolina beating Edmonton after the Sabres lost because they were down to their 9th defenseman was the worst.

Tenth.

Tallinder, Lydman, McKee, Kalinin, Numminen, Campbell, Fitzpatrick, Jillson, Janik, Paetsch.

17 hours ago, BagBoy said:

Let's not forget the 2006 Canes and Oilers.

2002 Canes were embarrassed by Detroit. 

Hell, Dallas last year was reasonably close to this Montreal team. 

17 hours ago, Hoss said:

Hard to watch them put it all together while knowing the cap circumventing they telegraphed from before the season but at the end of the day it was legal and it’s a credit to them. This is a dynasty.

It's what the Patriots would have done. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

So frustrating that I have followed the Bills and Sabres(and the Braves for the short time they were here) for 50+ years, and not a single championship between them...yet in Tampa they are about to celebrate their 3rd sports championship in less than 12 months...and if they didn’t have an idiot for a manager, they may also have added a WS Championship to that list. 

Sometimes being a sports fan is just not fair. 😞

Life isn't fair.  Life.  Don't talk to me about life.  Me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side.

17 hours ago, Hoss said:

I know I’m being lazy because of height but he’s likely somewhere between Tyler Myers and Victor Hedman. But Hedman is a Hall of Famer and one of the best defensemen of his era so that’s a high peg to place a prospect on. We’ll see in due time and, I imagine, in Buffalo.

Ya I don't think Hedman represents a good style comparison for Power. He's a big D-man, so that's who everyone goes to, like if you have a smaller player the upside is immediately "Brayden Point". Power doesn't really have that physical element to his game at this point. It's not like Hedman wasn't already showing it. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

2002 Canes were embarrassed by Detroit. 

Hell, Dallas last year was reasonably close to this Montreal team. 

It's what the Patriots would have done. 

The Patriots have actually violated the rules on several occasions, though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.