Stanley Cup Final 2021

Norcal

Montreal's biggest issue right now is getting second and third opportunities. They're one and done on getting shots to the net and it's just not good enough against a goalie who basically always makes the first save. Tampa is dominating in the middle of the ice. 

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Price didn't have his A game.  That therefore, by definition, wasn't the best Moe-ray-all could throw at the Bolts.

True. But offensively they got 1 goal while dominating and Tampa playing sub par. Even if Price had his A game they'd still lose 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

True. But offensively they got 1 goal while dominating and Tampa playing sub par. Even if Price had his A game they'd still lose 

Nope.  Give them the Price from the Vegas series & Moe-ray-all wins tonight 2-0 with the 2nd an empty netter.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Price didn't have his A game.  That therefore, by definition, wasn't the best Moe-ray-all could throw at the Bolts.

?

He got beat once where it was his fault, and that was the misplay on the first goal - and that’s if he even saw it.

The Coleman goal goes in due to an insane effort.  Price really did t have a chance on that goal.  I just re-watched it on the post game.

The Palat goal was the defense’s fault.  Price even getting a skate on it was impressive, because he wasn’t even in a stance expecting it.

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Maybe, agree to disagree.

Tampa takes this in 5 at this rate.

Honestly, with how well Montreal has played I would say a seven game series is more likely than a sweep with Montreal winning their home games.

I wanted Colorado vs Tampa. But Vegas got in the way then got worked by MTL? Such a good playoff year only to be let down in the finals watching the 4ft tall MTL forwards get tossed around and pile-drived by Hedman, Cernak, and Sergachev, and watch MTL take 100 shots from the point.... Meh...

Edited by Gatorman0519

The one thing I'm curious about, I keep seeing posts about Danault and that we should just sign him, etc etc... He's the biggest shutdown center for the Habs, and they're in the finals... What makes anyone think that they'll just let him go. I would absolutley see Montreal resigning him asap 

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

Danault is a touch overrated. 5 goals in his last 72 games. 0 goals this playoffs. 3 points. I understand he’s a defensive whiz but he’s also contributing sub-Larsson o-zone numbers of late

Wow, I guess I didn't realize it was that low... I haven't followed much of the playoff stats, but NBC made him sound like the second coming of Messier. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.