Stanley Cup Final 2021

Norcal

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

What about the old pointy centre of the net.

Wasnt it Mark Howe who went in hard and was impaled near his spine?

His was the only injury off that old " Art Ross" net from my memory.  When the net was off the stakes guys sometimes ended up on those and lots of players broke crashing into the posts.  

They didn't go away from AR nets for safety, but to speed up play.  No stoppages for the puck being caught in the outside of the net when the netting is taut.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Congrats to TB, maybe the deepest and best hockey team I’ve ever seen.  

Always thought you were old enough to have seen the dynasty teams from the 70's & '80's.  Maybe not.  That Habs team that went 60-8-12 was the best ever.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Always thought you were old enough to have seen the dynasty teams from the 70's & '80's.  Maybe not.  That Habs team that went 60-8-12 was the best ever.

Three HOF dmen in Robinson, Savard and Lapointe was impressive.

Blake,Foote and Bourque was almost as good but Bourque was well past his prime.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I am but different league back then.  Maybe I should use the caveat of modern team.  The Lidstrom Red Wings teams come close. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yeah, Montreal had zero chance. 

Now let's change the cap rules please. 

The fix is simple for me: pick a number of games a player is on LTIR during the season. If they miss that many games and a team takes advantage of LTIR to secure cap relief for that player then that player is not eligible for the postseason. Simple enough.

So if a Kucherov situation arises the team has a decision to make between cap relief or having that player in the postseason.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Ok, now we can move on to more serious business.

Yea, let's get to a REAL franchise like the Buffalo Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yay, cheaters won...........what a shock. Who cares? Hope the league is happy with itself. Total joke. 

Just hope they get rid of this loophole in the future. Tampa already had enough advantage with their state tax code. This cheating was just downright ridiculous. Worst cup ever. 

They didn't cheat.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yay, cheaters won...........what a shock. Who cares? Hope the league is happy with itself. Total joke. 

Just hope they get rid of this loophole in the future. Tampa already had enough advantage with their state tax code. This cheating was just downright ridiculous. Worst cup ever. 

When Kucherov was injured the timetable to return was around the end of the regular season. He was on schedule, normal rehab is 5 months for hip surgery, he was out 5 months.  It's not cheating if you follow the rules, which they did.,

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I am but different league back then.  Maybe I should use the caveat of modern team.  The Lidstrom Red Wings teams come close. 

Different league, but that '77 squad was beyond stacked.  4 1st team all Stars and a 2nd team AS.  Perreault beating out Lemaire for 2AS C was the only thing keeping them from a full sweep.  (And, there were at least 6 other guys that would've been out Jaques as well.  They didn't call the Lafleur line the "Donut Line" for nothing. 😉 )  7 20 goal scorers, 1 of the 2 best checking lines in the league, 3 HoF defenseman plus Pierre Bouchard rounding out their top 4.  1 HoF goalie, at least 5 HoF F's as well.  HoF coach.  HoF GM.  At least 2 players went on to coach a SC winner & at least 2 players went on to GM a SC winner/awardee.

64 more goals scored than anybody else.  Gave up 25 fewer goals than anybody else.   #2 PP, #1 PK.  1 home loss the entire year.  20 points more than anybody else.

Only lost 2 playoff games, 1 of which came in OT.

Best. Hockey. Team. Ever.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

When Kucherov was injured the timetable to return was around the end of the regular season. He was on schedule, normal rehab is 5 months for hip surgery, he was out 5 months.  It's not cheating if you follow the rules, which they did.,

That hasn’t nor will it stop the hilarious cloud yelling. It’s quite funny to see unfounded meltdowns.

Edited by Zamboni

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Three HOF dmen in Robinson, Savard and Lapointe was impressive.

Blake,Foote and Bourque was almost as good but Bourque was well past his prime.

Don’t forget Montreal had Jacques Laperiere. (NHL HOF) and JC Tremblay too.  

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

They didn't cheat.

Ya, they did. 

No f'n way was Kucherov not ready to play long before the playoffs started.

1 hour ago, klos1963 said:

You saw him and how well he played first game of the playoffs and onwards. You going to tell me with a straight face that was a guy JUST coming back off a serious injury? No way. He was ready and in game shape. Impossible if he was JUST healthy then. 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Back in the day that net would not give as it was attached to metal stakes.  Ouch. 

No kidding!

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Aside from the fact that Scotty Bowman was their head coach, this was also post-Original Six.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

I never knew cross checking and/or boarding were allowed in the last minute of a Stanley Cup clinching game. Well done officials. You're commitment to consistency is fantastic. 

There are many thankless jobs out there. This is one of them.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

The 2001-02 Red Wings and their 10 Hall of Famers tops the list for best "team" in my books. 

Every time I see this, it's like opening an old wound and letting it get reinfected. Hasek waived his NTC with us, and Brett Hull was on that team too. Not to mention getting Slava Kozlov in return.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.