Stanley Cup Final 2021

Norcal

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Tampa can have games like this, they have the best goalie in the league.  

Yup. If it gets to game six maybe then you start to think about letting it slip because anything can happen in two games but I'd expect this thing to get wrapped up on Wednesday when they're at home with their families in the stands.

Yeah, yeah, Tampa just wanted to win the Cup on home ice. They looked like the Sabres on that last PP. Barely shooting at all. Didn't they win it on the road last year?? 

And yes, I'm just kidding. No team is that cocky.....not even the Bruins.

The Habs continued a truly remarkable streak last night.  In their entire 100+ year history, they have only lost the Stanley Cup series clinching game on home ice once.

Pretty sure Tampa finishes this Wednesday.  Wonder if Vasilevskiy manages to continue his remarkable streak.  4 straigh series clinching victories were shut outs.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The Habs continued a truly remarkable streak last night.  In their entire 100+ year history, they have only lost the Stanley Cup series clinching game on home ice once.

Pretty sure Tampa finishes this Wednesday.  Wonder if Vasilevskiy manages to continue his remarkable streak.  4 straigh series clinching victories were shut outs.

The Sabres in 83 were the first team to complete a series sweep in Montreal.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Don't forget to collect your 200 losses 

And we thought THAT was a dry spell.

I think what I was going for was — maybe — it had been the first time the Habs had been shut out in consecutive playoff games at home.

"Around behind the net and Bobby O, Bobby Sauve has his second consecutive shutout!"

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 2:29 AM, French Collection said:

He’s got more game left than Wayne Simmonds, who gets brought in for a similar role.

He's been good for a long time. His style is especially effective in the playoffs. It's funny that he was deemed expendable by Anaheim and they descended as he ascended. He can still help a team get to and do well in the playoffs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.