Stanley Cup Final 2021

Norcal

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Wow, I guess I didn't realize it was that low... I haven't followed much of the playoff stats, but NBC made him sound like the second coming of Messier. 

It's what NBC does.  They pick one athlete, seemingly at random, like Karch Kiraly, and harp on about how great he/she is through an entire series/Olympics/golf tournament/whatever.  It must be in their internal style manual or something.  

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Thorny said:

Danault is a touch overrated. 5 goals in his last 72 games. 0 goals this playoffs. 3 points. I understand he’s a defensive whiz but he’s also contributing sub-Larsson o-zone numbers of late

This is why I asked about goal differential. If he lacks that much offensive production then we need to know just how many goals he’s expected to prevent. Every replacement player needs to affect that differential in a positive way. 

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is why I asked about goal differential. If he lacks that much offensive production then we need to know just how many goals he’s expected to prevent. Every replacement player needs to affect that differential in a positive way. 

His even strength goal differential was +9. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Danault is what he is:  a good defensive forward who excels at faceoffs.  He's Gaustad.  I wouldn't mind him here but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

That is what I see as well.  I don’t know what the hoopla is all about.  

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Danault is what he is:  a good defensive forward who excels at faceoffs.  He's Gaustad.  I wouldn't mind him here but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

I wouldn't break the bank but the Sabres could use a guy like Danault against other teams top lines when it counts.

He's proven to have the ability to slow down other teams top scorers, that's important in the playoffs and worth having IMO

Just now, Hoss said:

Montreal is the worst team to appear in a championship series/game in recent memory. The Miami Heat last year is probably second.

They just can't get anything going. It's wild. Price is making heroic saves but it doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

They just can't get anything going. It's wild. Price is making heroic saves but it doesn't matter.

They just don’t have the talent to compete at this level. And I don’t want to take anything away from Tampa, though. If they stay together and healthy there’s no reason to expect anyone other than them to win championships for several years now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They just don’t have the talent to compete at this level. And I don’t want to take anything away from Tampa, though. If they stay together and healthy there’s no reason to expect anyone other than them to win championships for several years now.

I'd be happy if our team was Montreal next year though 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I'd be happy if our team was Montreal next year though 

Oh certainly. I’ll take making it on this stage over being on the crew that drives to the gas station to pickup Coronas for the crew that assembles it. There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you’re Montreal but this is legitimately the first time I thought a team had no chance in a final. I almost always argue that there’s always a chance. This one felt like there was none.

• Like (+1) 1

Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi are nice pieces. They have a defense corps and goalie ready to win now, nice players like Armia Byron Toffoli scattered through the lineup. 

Montreal doesn't have the pieces to compete in an eichel trade but they're the exact kind of team that could really use him to top it all off

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi are nice pieces. They have a defense corps and goalie ready to win now, nice players like Armia Byron Toffoli scattered through the lineup. 

Montreal doesn't have the pieces to compete in an eichel trade but they're the exact kind of team that could really use him to top it all off

They’ve been a number one center away from contending for my entire life. Or at least that’s what the Habs fans I know say.

I wonder if Price, Weber and Petry weren’t eating up 24+ million in cap space, then MTL could have thrown more money into better players at the deadline than Eric “spent” Staal. Not to mention Allen at 2.8 mil. too much for a backup IMO.

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.