Stanley Cup Final 2021

Norcal

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Toronto lacks defense & goaltending.  2 key aspects for playoff advancement.

And their top guys vanish in the playoffs.

Matthews and Marner have taken a ton of flak for that series against the Habs.

Edited by Kristian
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I would gladly take Marner from The Great Satan.

That other guy ?? ... not so much.

I felt the same way. I really like Marner. But seeing him completely and totally disappear in a playoff atmosphere … I’m having second thoughts. I mean he was painfully invisible. And at that cap hit, I want him to be very visible. Especially come playoff time. One can hope it was an anomaly and not his norm going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I felt the same way. I really like Marner. But seeing him completely and totally disappear in a playoff atmosphere … I’m having second thoughts. I mean he was painfully invisible. And at that cap hit, I want him to be very visible. Especially come playoff time. One can hope it was an anomaly and not his norm going forward.

I share your fear of the playoff disappearing act, but attribute it to coaching and whatever.  The big guys in Toronto, including JT, have not shown up properly prepared, or whatever, for the playoff ever.

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Actually, the only play I can remember from Marner was a needless delay of game penalty.

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Some players disappear, or become just average, in the playoffs.  The pressure and the level of intensity are way different than the regular season.  It’s been that way forever.  

Habs score.    Take their  first lead. 

Edited by Pimlach

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Some players disappear, or become just average, in the playoffs.  The pressure and the level of intensity are way different than the regular season.  It’s been that way forever.  

Habs score.    Take their  first lead. 

I am aware of this phenomenon. 😂

yes Habs!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

I should love the Canadiens as my paternal family is from there. I really don’t though. Love the city and the people (spent many days there in my youth), hate the team. 

I also hate Tampa but I love hockey so I’m glued.

F them both though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.