NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

Saw an article on TSN proposing a Win/Win blockbuster deal between the Sabres and the Leafs

Leafs trade Marner to the Sabres for Dahlin

Dahlin is on a rookie deal and has regressed from his rookie deal while Marner is  a talent that can help them replace Eichel.

Leafs get a defencemen that can turn things around and be cheap for now while also freeing up cap space while helping Buffalo stay above the Cap floor

many comments have Leafs fans not liking this deal because they think the Leafs should get more in return for an unproven player (even though he was a 1st overall pick that many were calling a generational prospect IIRC, even though the biggest part of this deal is that the Leafs would get a potential upgrade on defence where they need help, and most importantly, free up cap space at a time when the Cap is not supposed to increase much for a bit

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Saw an article on TSN proposing a Win/Win blockbuster deal between the Sabres and the Leafs

Dahlin is on a rookie deal and has regressed from his rookie deal while Marner is  a talent that can help them replace Eichel.

Leafs get a defencemen that can turn things around and be cheap for now while also freeing up cap space while helping Buffalo stay above the Cap floor

many comments have Leafs fans not liking this deal because they think the Leafs should get more in return for an unproven player (even though he was a 1st overall pick that many were calling a generational prospect IIRC, even though the biggest part of this deal is that the Leafs would get a potential upgrade on defence where they need help, and most importantly, free up cap space at a time when the Cap is not supposed to increase much for a bit

Nope.

Dahlin is our core, with Cozens, Power, Quinn, and whatever big piece comes back for Jack. I'm not moving him for Marner, not even close.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Lol ***** Toronto media

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Marner is a good player. 

He also has zero goals in his last 18 playoff games I think, and just 1 assist in his last 6 elimination playoff games 

His contract is ugly. I'll take dahlin's uncertainty over Marner's highs and lows, though I do respect marner

If the Sabres aren’t in the playoffs, does Marner’s postseason production matter?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I believe Dahlin will be fine and is needed as part of our core.  I assume they suggested this trade because Buffalo drafted Owen Power and because the Leafs have real salary cap issues.  I would not want to make the trade.

As others have said Marner is a very talented player that has established himself in the NHL as a top player (the playoff numbers will materialize I'm sure).  I think he would be pretty disgruntled at this point in his career to be traded to a rebuilding Sabres team going against Adams principle of getting players that want to be here.

59 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

More like a Win/Lose blockbuster. Marner (a) doesn’t fit into our time line and (b) isn’t a 1C nor could he turn into one.

• Like (+1) 1

The Vegas Golden Knights have reached a deal with the Blackhawks to trade Marc-Andre Fleury to Chicago in exchange for forward Mikael Hakkarainen, a source tells The Athletic. The deal is pending trade calls.

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Maybe? We have a hole on the right side and he really looked good with Granato.

Its my hope he comes back , didn't seem like he want to go out of buffalo, not really sure. 

And we have the cap space to offer him a 4x4 or something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.