NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Trade Boston's 2nd for Dunn, protect him, let Seattle choose between Risto, Borgen, Z, and Ullmark

Then you’re swapping a RHD for a LHD which isn’t exactly what this organization needs, especially considering they’ll likely be adding one with the first pick.

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

Teams are putting the finishing touches on their protected lists. Hearing CBJ are planning on leaving Max Domi unprotected. I would be surprised if Seattle doesn’t claim him.

Thoughts on picking up Domi?  He had some nice chemistry with Reinhart when they played in the WJC together.

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He was the key piece coming back to them in the Josh Anderson trade less than a year ago and now they are leaving him unprotected. That should tell you a lot. His next team would also be his fourth team by age 26.

He's a bum no matter what his stats or analytics say, he's bankrupt as a person. 

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

He's a bum no matter what his stats or analytics say, he's bankrupt as a person. 

Haven't heard that term before, "bankrupt as a person".  Ouch.  I wasn't a big fan of his Dad (Tie) who always seemed so much more arrogant than Rob Ray.  

I see he only has 1 year left and then a UFA.  If Seattle takes him I suspect a good contract year.  He had 72 points in 2018-19 with Montreal.

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the Anaheim deal materializes with Zegras included in the deal with their first pick I would be ecstatic. Many reports indicate they are holding firm on keeping Zegras. 

Then Adams should be holding firm on keeping Jack, IMO. I still think that one of these suitors will flinch at the eleventh hour and meet or come close to meeting the Sabres' demands. If they are hell bent on dealing Eichel, a deal including Zegras and the 3OA would get a lot of people excited, me included.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It's looking like sam and Jack aren't getting moved before the draft .

Oh well.

Hope teams understand you're gonna have to pay more now With not getting a guaranteed top 10 pick now

You'll know by Friday evening. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

There haven't been any leaks whatsoever just speculation of teams a move this big will not be done anytime soon .

None of the big moves are ever rumored until hours beforehand, if at all. Especially the Sabres, whos owners have made it a pivotal point to make sure everything stays in house. The lack of 'rumors' right now indicates absolutely nothing about the state of Eichel and Reinhart possible trades.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Then Adams should be holding firm on keeping Jack, IMO. I still think that one of these suitors will flinch at the eleventh hour and meet or come close to meeting the Sabres' demands. If they are hell bent on dealing Eichel, a deal including Zegras and the 3OA would get a lot of people excited, me included.

As an example if we (Botterill) had held out for Ryan O'Reilly (when St.Louis would not give any of their A+ prospects) we would have been better off.  St.Louis would not have won the cup if they hadn't made the trade.  They would have been fine including better prospects in the trade and still have won the cup.  The deadline hurt our leverage. 

I still think ownership forced Botterill to make the trade and get him out of here.  We would have had to pay the salary lump sum bonus that was due (which was the deadline for making the trade and why he settled for Tage and a first).

Adams needs to hold for the best deal even if he lets them believe it can be after the draft.  We all want a top 10 pick this year as part of the deal if we can get it but I'm not sure that this has to be the absolute deadline if the deal does not materialize.  Even letting GM's think he may wait it out will up the offers because the 2022 draft looks like a stronger year (GM's would rather give up their first round pick this year to make the deal).

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

There haven't been any leaks whatsoever just speculation of teams a move this big will not be done anytime soon .

You are equating leaks with trade imminent. Since Friedman said last week the Sabres run a very tight ship, the leaks would have to come from the offering team and I think that is where the speculation is. Offering teams feeding low ball offers to the media. After the expansion draft it is very easy to do the big deal so I 100% think the bold is just speculation on your part. At this point Adams and Co. know what the rough offers are or where teams are at so I  would bet they have a short list and are continuing to work during the freeze. If Eichel is going to get traded, 22nd or 23rd are still and continue to be the most likely. Inferring without leaks it isn't happening seems odd to me. 

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You are equating leaks with trade imminent. Since Friedman said last week the Sabres run a very tight ship, the leaks would have to come from the offering team and I think that is where the speculation is. Offering teams feeding low ball offers to the media. After the expansion draft it is very easy to do the big deal so I 100% think the bold is just speculation on your part. At this point Adams and Co. know what the rough offers are or where teams are at so I  would bet they have a short list and are continuing to work during the freeze. If Eichel is going to get traded, 22nd or 23rd are still and continue to be the most likely. Inferring without leaks it isn't happening seems odd to me. 

Teams aren't willing to give up the top prospects if they did the trade would be over with I believe buffalo will let jack get healthy and play this year 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Teams aren't willing to give up the top prospects if they did the trade would be over with I believe buffalo will let jack get healthy and play this year 

This doesn't address anything Liger's post has though lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He said teams are leaking low offers to the media.

that's why I said that 

Well he said if there were leaks, they would come from teams trying to leak low offers. It still doesn't mean teams aren't willing to give up top prospects, or that the Sabres are determined to get certain top prospects. It also doesn't address the very real notion that teams are waiting for the expansion draft to get a clearer picture on where their cap situation lies, since taking on Eichel's cap hit is no small feat. 

32 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

ok, and?

26 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He said teams are leaking low offers to the media.

that's why I said that 

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Well he said if there were leaks, they would come from teams trying to leak low offers. It still doesn't mean teams aren't willing to give up top prospects, or that the Sabres are determined to get certain top prospects. It also doesn't address the very real notion that teams are waiting for the expansion draft to get a clearer picture on where their cap situation lies, since taking on Eichel's cap hit is no small feat. 

Leaking a low offer and not being willing are different concepts. Also Bufalonill is not taking into account how the expansion draft will change the trade landscape. Almost no one is doing trades right now because it was prudent to wait. 

8 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

It's looking like sam and Jack aren't getting moved before the draft .

Oh well.

Hope teams understand you're gonna have to pay more now With not getting a guaranteed top 10 pick now

Teams can also let KA know their deal isn't going to get better then what they are offering know because they know Eichel wants out and could hold out if not moved. He is injured and disgruntled, and KA is an inexperienced GM that some of the experienced GMs might now they can take advantage of and call his bluff. There's no guarantee that they are going to get anything better after the draft. Eichel hasn't won anything in the NHL yet and hasn't even seen the playoffs in his career, teams can use that against the Sabres in a deal too that he's being over valued by them.

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Teams can also let KA know their deal isn't going to get better then what they are offering know because they know Eichel wants out and could hold out if not moved. He is injured and disgruntled, and KA is an inexperienced GM that some of the experienced GMs might now they can take advantage of and call his bluff. There's no guarantee that they are going to get anything better after the draft. Eichel hasn't won anything in the NHL yet and hasn't even seen the playoffs in his career, teams can use that against the Sabres in a deal too that he's being over valued by them.

The Sabres are not obligated to trade him if the offers don't match their expectation. And it is very unlikely that Eichel would hold out if not dealt. It wouldn't be in his interest. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

There’s zero reasons either Jack or Sam would’ve been dealt up until now. We want futures and they would represent extra players the acquiring team would be forced to protect. So, in effect, they would probably lose another good player if they were forced to protect Jack or Sam. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.