NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

How do you guys see this scenario

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2546177

Eichel for 2 1sts (the 2nd has conditions) Hague, Tuch, Krebs and Smith

Schmidt had a down year but is an overall good Dman with an upbeat and positive demeanor.

Ladd is buried with the choice of working something front office related.

We grab Cernak & Johnson for Bryson, Smith(50%), BOS's 2nd and MTL's 5th

Dvorak is acquired for VGK's 1st and Olofsson

Our D group look like

Dahlin - Cernak

Schmidt - Jokiharju

Hague - Borgen

Del Zotto

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

I wrote that knowing he wasn’t much older but didn’t bother to google the age difference. I thought it was a little wider than that but I stand corrected. But the contract portion doesn’t change and is the more important part of it. Jones has had the big contract. Samson has not. I stand by the point that you’ve got more control acquiring an RFA who you have to negotiate with anyways vs a player with one year left before UFA who has no reason to negotiate anything.

Again, how does Jones have “no reason to negotiate anything” differ from Sam? They are both completely free after this year.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, tom webster said:

You implied in another thread that older fans look at certain things in the same way do let me fo likewise with fans if your age. You tend to think you know what motivates everyone using your own wishes and desires. As you get older you realize that everyone has their own wishes and desires. Ironically, in this case both Jones and Sam seem to want the same thing, to return to their hometown or at least a place they are familiar with. For Jones, that’s Colorado. For Sam it’s Northern Canada.

Another thing, Jones is only thirteen months older than Sam.

Southern Canada but yes

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

How do you guys see this scenario

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2546177

Eichel for 2 1sts (the 2nd has conditions) Hague, Tuch, Krebs and Smith

Schmidt had a down year but is an overall good Dman with an upbeat and positive demeanor.

Ladd is buried with the choice of working something front office related.

We grab Cernak & Johnson for Bryson, Smith(50%), BOS's 2nd and MTL's 5th

Dvorak is acquired for VGK's 1st and Olofsson

Our D group look like

Dahlin - Cernak

Schmidt - Jokiharju

Hague - Borgen

Del Zotto

I like your posts on this subject. I'd love to see some creative player movement this offseason and if it's done right I don't see why it couldn't lead to a better on ice product.

I'm optimistic the new regime can get it done. Until they prove unable, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. 

2 hours ago, kas23 said:

It’s amazing we could’ve had Jake Allen for a 3rd and a 7th. Instead, we sat on our hands. Could’ve used him this past season. 

Jake Allen’s performance wasn’t worth a 3rd and a 7th last season but we could probably get him for a 3rd or 4th right now if we want. Montreal will want to avoid losing him for nothing.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:53 AM, JohnC said:

I agree with you that if there is a tacit agreement to sign an extension the return will be higher. However, there is an assumption that where Samson is dealt to is a place he wants to go to. That in itself limits the market and also the potential for a return. 

As he is an RFA, any team can speak with his agent allowing that extension and desired location to all be in place. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why does friedmann provide such absurd and outlandish speculation in favor of CBJ and Jones while hemming and hawing over a much better Sabre skater who is locked up for 5 times as long?

“Alex, I’ll take things reporters do to get future scoops for $1000 please”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.