NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Listening live it sounds like something might be close with Risto 

Which would be fine.  

Have been an advocate for not trading any of the "big 3" but if 1 of the 3 were to be outbound, Ristolainen would be the preference and that would be a worthy return that doesn't appreciably sacrifice their chances THIS season.

(And, that stated, still expect all 3 to no longer be wearing crossed swords when they suit up in October.)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

Cool.  Although a young defenseman and “high draft pick” could mean a lot of different things, with a wide range of values.

Considering most here think he has no or negative value, any return for Risto should be looked at positively. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

If Ristolainen is traded, Borgen then protected, and our young forwards all protected, I wonder if Seattle doesn't sign Ullmark as their choice from us?

My source tells me Buffalo is trying to sign Ullmark as we speak.   

The uncertainty of Eichel/Reinhart is not helping.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

No offense, but has your source ever been right lol

My source is always right.... 20% of the time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

There have been Risto trade rumors for the past 3 years.    This is nothing new.   

My source and I don't believe a deal is close at this time.

If there is a trade it seems it would possibly be prior to submitting the expansion list. Say getting a p!ayer you would leave unprotected and a draft pick. Wouldn't this make sense?

1 minute ago, Radar said:

If there is a trade it seems it would possibly be prior to submitting the expansion list. Say getting a p!ayer you would leave unprotected and a draft pick. Wouldn't this make sense?

yes

5 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

If Ristolainen is traded, Borgen then protected, and our young forwards all protected, I wonder if Seattle doesn't sign Ullmark as their choice from us?

At that point, especially if Adams knows Ullmark won't re-sign, then Adams offers to Francis to keep Linus exposed for a 3rd or 4th round pick to enable him to talk to Linus in the exclusive rights window.  And he doesn't even end up losing Miller as a result.  😉

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

Cool.  Although a young defenseman and “high draft pick” could mean a lot of different things, with a wide range of values.

From Rasmus Anderson and #12 to Rasmus Rasmussen and a Tampa 2nd.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Isn't it weird how few expansion draft trades there have been?  It seems prior to the Vagas draft that trades were fast and furious.

Vegas braintrust > Seattle braintrust

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

Isn't it weird how few expansion draft trades there have been?  It seems prior to the Vagas draft that trades were fast and furious.

Still have a bit of time before the roster freeze sets in.  But GMs understanding the process better probably is dampening some of the trade enthusiasm relative to prior to Vegas.  Unless a team gets close to full value for their 8th F, 4th D, or 2nd G; sending them out essentially loses the team 2 players rather than just 1.

Nobody wants to be Florida's nor Minny's GM.

• Thanks (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That better increase his trade value then, since we're letting whichever team trades for him the ability to protect another D man they want to keep, and we're losing our own D man (Borgen) in the process.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.