NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

So is this dude’s kink to just see others report something and then post a screenshot of texts HE has sent? It’s lame. Report this stuff before someone else does. I think there’s a very good chance he just texts himself a lot of different scenarios and then posts them when someone else gets on board.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

So is this dude’s kink to just see others report something and then post a screenshot of texts HE has sent? It’s lame. Report this stuff before someone else does. I think there’s a very good chance he just texts himself a lot of different scenarios and then posts them when someone else gets on board.

Maybe. He also went on podcasts and delivered the scoops first. And he had Ryan Ellis first too.

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Maybe. He also went on podcasts and delivered the scoops first. And he had Ryan Ellis first too.

Ryan Ellis is the first and only thing I’ve seen him get that didn’t seem like throwing a bunch of ***** against the wall or riding another reporter’s words so credit there.

Just now, Hoss said:

Ryan Ellis is the first and only thing I’ve seen him get that didn’t seem like throwing a bunch of ***** against the wall or riding another reporter’s words so credit there.

Well we shall see. Philly interest in Tarasenko and Risto and Pittsburgh interest in Risto appear to be unique to him.

56 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Well we shall see. Philly interest in Tarasenko and Risto and Pittsburgh interest in Risto appear to be unique to him.

Taransko to Philly has been talked about since it was rumored he was available. This guy jumped on that but has made sure to say other teams could get him, too.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/busy-draft-could-lead-to-busy-week#.YP2zigjAMTo.twitter

Ignore the Eichel speculation please - that's in its own separate thread.

- Columbus is talking to Laine about a contract but will move him if they're not close

- Timo Meier could be had from the Sharks

- Yandle, Suter and Parise are all nearing deals

- Boston could do a one-year deal with Yandle but Suter wants multi-year deal

- Isles, Blues, Avs, Panthers and Stars are in on Suter

- Parise and the Isles seems like it's going to happen but it's not done

- Jake Virtanen, despite sexual assault accusations, has interest

- Avs and Landeskog are not close

- Alex Ovechkin is likely to sign a four-year deal worth around $10M per year ... WOW.

- Kuznetzov is a guy they want to move

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Weave said:

Ovie for 4 more years?  I bet he can play at a high level that long.

Him and Jagr are beasts.

If he averages 41.25 goals a year for those four years he will hold the record for most goals in NHL history. I imagine if he plays all four and is close (within 15 goals or so) he comes back for one more.

He has averaged 51.1 goals per 82 over the last four seasons (two cut short by COVID which if that hadn't happened I think he'd be well on his way to breaking the record).

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

Ovie for 4 more years?  I bet he can play at a high level that long.

Him and Jagr are beasts.

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If he averages 41.25 goals a year for those four years he will hold the record for most goals in NHL history. I imagine if he plays all four and is close (within 15 goals or so) he comes back for one more.

He has averaged 51.1 goals per 82 over the last four seasons (two cut short by COVID which if that hadn't happened I think he'd be well on his way to breaking the record).

Oh, he's absolutely playing to set that mark, at this point

I hope he does it. 

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Ovie has now lost how many games due to lockouts/COVID? 34+82 from lockouts, something like 10 from covid in 19-20, and then 26 this past year, so my estimate is 152

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ovie has now lost how many games due to lockouts/COVID? 34+82 from lockouts, something like 10 from covid in 19-20, and then 26 this past year, so my estimate is 152

He lost 13 to COVID (Washington played 69) and the league was stupid not to count the in between games as regular season. It cost him a 50 goal season which would have tied him for most ever (or brought him one short, I forget).

Just now, Zamboni said:

I’ve continued to believe Ovi will fall short of breaking Gretzky’s record. He is a beast. He’s something to admire in hockey. I just think he won’t make it.

And it won’t be because he shouldn’t have, as noted by the games missed for reasons out of his control. Gretzky did have two lockouts but no COVID and his lockouts cost him 52 fewer games than the two Ovi has gone through.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.