Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Maybe Jack's skills don't translate as well to the physical laws of nature that exist in other universes and he doesn't even play hockey in some other universes. 

Well.... if there are infinite parallel universes, every possibility is, in fact, a reality.

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I think many of us would have been content/happy with that deal.  There is no saying the Sabres are the ones backing out.....but maybe, just maybe they did back out because they are talking to another team with the possibility for a better deal in return?

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would have pulled the trigger on that package. 

Me too.

If that was actually the framework, I suspect that framework still exists.

The reason the trigger is not pulled is because the teams would have to make the necessary cap moves to accommodate that framework.

Vegas needs to free up  $4-5 million, Buffalo to add a similar amount.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Me too.

If that was actually the framework, I suspect that framework still exists.

The reason the trigger is not pulled is because the teams would have to make the necessary cap moves to accommodate that framework.

Vegas needs to free up  $4-5 million, Buffalo to add a similar amount.

Could someone go over the cap numbers for the framework as is?  Also, does this create holes in Las Vegas's line-up which they need to account for?

The other move is the Sabres acquiring a $5 million salary to stay above the floor, then putting Jack on LTIR.

Once Jack is on LTIR, he doesn't affect the Knights' cap at all.

Their issues happens when Stone and Jack come off LTIR. But maybe they have plans to Kucherov one or both.

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Could someone go over the cap numbers for the framework as is?  Also, does this create holes in Las Vegas's line-up which they need to account for?

No holes in their lineup. Tuch is hurt, Krebs is their 12/13 forward and the other two are prospects.

right now the Knight have $5.7 in LTIR space to acquire salary, the Sabres are using Jack's $10 million to stay $5.5 above the cap floor.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

What does everyone think that it means to call this a framework?

This wasn’t a deal that was actually agreed to by both sides because (1) if a deal is actually agreed to by both sides, then it would be done, and (2) the money in the proposed deal doesn’t work for either team.

Because of that, I guess I just don’t know what this framework actually is.

Now, maybe Vegas and Sabres agreed to this as a possibility IF Vegas can find some other way to move salary and IF Buffalo can take on money from somewhere else.  Those are somewhat big if’s though and even if the stars do align and the salary moves get done, who knows if one side or the other changes their mind by then.

Basically, it doesn’t actually look that close to me.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Poorly worded tweet.  Does Krebs, Tuch, Brisson, OR Coghlan mean the first 2 and one of the last two, or does it mean only one of those 4, plus a conditional 1st.

Putting my own spin on, but Tuch and a conditional 1st ain’t getting it done, no way, no how, so IMO pretty clearly the former.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

What does everyone think that it means to call this a framework?

This wasn’t a deal that was actually agreed to by both sides because (1) if a deal is actually agreed to by both sides, then it would be done, and (2) the money in the proposed deal doesn’t work for either team.

Because of that, I guess I just don’t know what this framework actually is.

Now, maybe Vegas and Sabres agreed to this as a possibility IF Vegas can find some other way to move salary and IF Buffalo can take on money from somewhere else.  Those are somewhat big if’s though and even if the stars do align and the salary moves get done, who knows if one side or the other changes their mind by then.

Basically, it doesn’t actually look that close to me.

I think it means it’s a deal that each side would do, but can’t because of salaries. 
The delay in closing the deal is addressing that. (See my wild speculation up-thread)

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Jack is going Vegas, he may get traded to Calgary, but I have no doubt the day he gets traded he's going to Vegas, to celebrate.

What happens, in Vegas, stays in Vegas, except herpes, you bring that sheet home Jack....

Watch him end up on the sharks i don't believe any of these rumors 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2