Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

What’s the benefit of the Sabres taking on a player, who is underperforming His Contract to begin with, and has 5 years at 5.8 Million AAV remaining?  

If given the choice between the two, retain the 3 Million yourself, increase the number of teams interested and the return for Eichel. 

If Pegula doesn’t want to pay Jack 10-15 Million not to play for the team, He isn’t going to be too keen about paying over 30 Million to a Cap Dump. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Emily Kaplan Intermission Update on Eichel-Finalist between Calgary and Vegas.

it’s on the one yard line, haven’t heard that one before 

I don't know if I believe that. The teams involved, yes. But it being close, no. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Josh Allen being brought in to run that red zone offense.

Is that 1 yard line quote from Adams?  Might be getting Vegas and Flames to panic and up the offer a final time.

Or Eichel's agent.  Either way, it's good that this might finally be coming to a conclusion.

And yeah, it is nice that this being the story pushed nationally may up the stakes.

40 minutes ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

Or Eichel's agent.  Either way, it's good that this might finally be coming to a conclusion.

And yeah, it is nice that this being the story pushed nationally may up the stakes.

If it's coming from Eichel's agent (and it probably is), this is pressure on Adams to lower his asking price.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jad1 said:

If it's coming from Eichel's agent (and it probably is), this is pressure on Adams to lower his asking price.

All parties involved have a reason to push the narrative that there's a bidding war and it's close. Let's not just always assume it's Eichel (nor should any of us always assume it's the team).

Adams may be considering:

• Tuch, Krebs, Coghlan, conditional 1st based on Jack’s games played
  • Monahan, Zary, Dube, 1st, maybe an additional pick

I easily take the better high end from the Knights over the deeper Calgary offer.

What say you?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

All parties involved have a reason to push the narrative that there's a bidding war and it's close. Let's not just always assume it's Eichel (nor should any of us always assume it's the team).

I don't think the Sabres would call out the teams if they leaked the info.  I would expect them to say something like 'multiple teams.'  Adams would want them to focus on what he's asking for, and not on what they think the other team is offering.

Also, leaking that the Flames and Knights will let Eichel get his preferred surgery definitely is coming from Eichel's agent.  Adams has no reason to leak this info.

Adams has said that the Sabres are in charge of this situation and he's under no pressure to make a deal.  Leaking that the deal is on the one yard line doesn't fit his stated approach.  Based on what he's stated publicly, there is no one yard line.  You either meet his price, or you don't.  It's been said in multiple reports that Adams has his price and he's has consistently stuck to it.

And finally, I just don't think Adams leaks.  It hasn't been his m.o.

I don't think the info is coming from the Knights or Flames, because why would they leak that both of them are on the one yard line.

So that leaves Eichel's agent who is the most motivated party to get a deal done ASAP.  To that end, he's motivated to narrow the candidates.

Eichel's agent also is happy to leak that the Flames and Knights are willing to let Eichel get ADR surgery, which normalizes the procedure and makes the Sabres seem unreasonable and stubborn when it comes to Echel's health.

And calling out Adams as holding up a deal that is on the one yard line puts the pressure on the Sabres to make a deal.

That's why I think it's coming from Eichel's agent.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, jad1 said:

I don't think the Sabres would call out the teams if they leaked the info.  I would expect them to say something like 'multiple teams.'  Adams would want them to focus on what he's asking for, and not on what they think the other team is offering.

Also, leaking that the Flames and Knights will let Eichel get his preferred surgery definitely is coming from Eichel's agent.  Adams has no reason to leak this info.

Adams has said that the Sabres are in charge of this situation and he's under no pressure to make a deal.  Leaking that the deal is on the one yard line doesn't fit his stated approach.  Based on what he's stated publicly, there is no one yard line.  You either meet his price, or you don't.  It's been said in multiple reports that Adams has his price and he's has consistently stuck to it.

I don't think the info is coming from the Knights or Flames, because why would they leak that both of them are on the one yard line.

So that leaves Eichel's agent who is the most motivated party to get a deal done ASAP.  To that end, he's motivated to narrow the candidates.

Eichel's agent also is happy to leak that the Flames and Knights are willing to let Eichel get ADR surgery, which normalizes the procedure and makes the Sabres seem unreasonable and stubborn when it comes to Echel's health.

And calling out Adams as holding up a deal that is on the one yard line puts the pressure on the Sabres to make a deal.

Great points all around. It certainly feels more likely that this particular leak is coming from the agent. I think some leaks have definitely come from the team (probably more so early in the process).

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I easily take the better high end from the Knights over the deeper Calgary offer.

What say you?

The Vegas deal but I need the condition removed from the 1st or to know that it pushes the first to next season without condition at least.

54 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Not really, we can just let him sit around until he waives for other teams.

There will certainly be a need for some hardball but the situation will not be something the team should want to go through. It’d be a complete failure to get to that point.

When that NMC kicks in with all that’s gone on to this point Eichel will have earned the right to force his way to one team the same way the Sabres will have earned the right to tell him to kick rocks and pick a new hobby while he doesn’t get paid.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

There will certainly be a need for some hardball but the situation will not be something the team should want to go through. It’d be a complete failure to get to that point.

When that NMC kicks in with all that’s gone on to this point Eichel will have earned the right to force his way to one team the same way the Sabres will have earned the right to tell him to kick rocks and pick a new hobby while he doesn’t get paid.

This is nonsense. When the NMC kicks in they will be exactly where they are now. Jack can play for Buffalo or accept whatever trade the team works out. The NMC only becomes a factor near the end of the contract where Jack can say, I’ll sulk for six months and then I’m out of here. He’s not going to sulk for five years. 
It is all moot anyway, it will be done soon.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

This is nonsense. When the NMC kicks in they will be exactly where they are now. Jack can play for Buffalo or accept whatever trade the team works out. The NMC only becomes a factor near the end of the contract where Jack can say, I’ll sulk for six months and then I’m out of here. He’s not going to sulk for five years. 
It is all moot anyway, it will be done soon.

Nonsense is claiming you'll reward someone with a jersey for winning a contest and never doing it. 😘 We can act like the No Movement Clause means nothing, but it absolutely does not.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

What say you?

Vegas

But I also say that neither trade works financially.  This would either team over the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jad1 said:

There are more people in the world that Kevyn Adams and Pat Brisson.  Reporters get information from many sources.

Not everyone who might leak information to a reporter does so with the pure motivation of gaining advantage in a trade negotiation.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Curt said:

There are more people in the world that Kevyn Adams and Pat Brisson.  Reporters get information from many sources.

Not everyone who might leak information to a reporter does so with the pure motivation of gaining advantage in a trade negotiation.

I believe MOST of the information that has been reported is more than 75% accurate. I'm sure there's some conflating going on, but I don't believe for a second these highly-respected reporters are just making stuff up willy nilly. They're getting this stuff from more than one place unless it's from someone they firmly trust. I DO believe they get used and I DO believe they know that, but they're not going to make themselves look stupid without something firm to stand on.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Nonsense is claiming you'll reward someone with a jersey for winning a contest and never doing it. 😘 We can act like the No Movement Clause means nothing, but it absolutely does not.

I actually forgot I owe you a jersey but the clause means nothing in this situation. It only becomes leverage at the end or when you are the party desperate to end the relationship. The Sabres want to move on, Jack is desperate.

And for the record, I twice tried to arrange a meet up with you to give you that jersey. I pay my debts and people on here who know me can attest to that. 

Edited by tom webster

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Important note on Kaplan’s report: she never clarified which one-yard line the trade is on.

ref-referee.gif

It would have been way better is she picked a completely different number to phrase it: “It is currently on the 37 yard line but Buffalo got called for holding so it is now 3rd and 14”.😀

• Haha (+1) 3