Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

9 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Just giving everyone a heads up here in Vegas.

Krebs- going to be a solid playmaker with lots of energy, just don’t expect many goals.

Hague- His Skating has improved since being drafted but don’t expect him throwing his weight around. Has a booming shot when it hits the net. Solid player.

Theodore - Great skater with great offensive skills for a defenseman but needs more work in his own end.

Dugan - Still needs another year in the AHL plus needs to get faster. Needs to bring it shift after shift.

Rhonberg- Don’t know if this kid will ever be an everyday NHLer. Kid hustles but like most minor leaguers he doesn’t really stand out.

Great write up.  

But from what I know, there’s a clear leader, and I don’t think it’s Vegas. 

5 minutes ago, miles said:

I still can't believe that jack is holding out like this. I guess since he is getting paid brinks trucks full of money to sit, why wouldn't he 

I think the holdout implies he has an option to get back on the ice in his current situation, but I’m not sure that’s the case. I don’t believe the Sabres have any intention of him ever getting a surgery while still under their control - even if he agrees to their preferred surgery.

30 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think the holdout implies he has an option to get back on the ice in his current situation, but I’m not sure that’s the case. I don’t believe the Sabres have any intention of him ever getting a surgery while still under their control - even if he agrees to their preferred surgery.

IF this were true Eichel would have already filed a grievance and won. If Eichel had agreed to their surgery he would have gotten it. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

From Chris Johnson

Another week passed and still Jack Eichel remains in limbo, despite trade talks that took on greater intensity in recent days. Vegas and Calgary engaged with the Buffalo Sabres. Anaheim may be lurking in the weeds. The NHL would prefer to see this situation resolved as soon as possible … There are whispers of a third team being brought in as an intermediary to retain some of Eichel’s salary in exchange for draft picks 

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

My prediction is that this trade results in little in the way of prospective talent, but a substantial haul of draft picks. I also think it will be well received for this reason. 

I'd disagree only because Sabres fans are pretty tired of endlessly waiting on draft pick based prospects and the Sabres will need a player to market from the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd disagree only because Sabres fans are pretty tired of endlessly waiting on draft pick based prospects and the Sabres will need a player to market from the trade.

But with draft picks you can market talent with no flaws as the flaws haven't been revealed at the NHL level yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Chris Johnson

Another week passed and still Jack Eichel remains in limbo, despite trade talks that took on greater intensity in recent days. Vegas and Calgary engaged with the Buffalo Sabres. Anaheim may be lurking in the weeds. The NHL would prefer to see this situation resolved as soon as possible … There are whispers of a third team being brought in as an intermediary to retain some of Eichel’s salary in exchange for draft picks 

jim GIF

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, miles said:

I still can't believe that jack is holding out like this. I guess since he is getting paid brinks trucks full of money to sit, why wouldn't he 

He's not holding out, he's injured?

53 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Chris Johnson

If that's true we should 100% be retaining that salary for the draft picks.  (Yes I have no problem spending other people's $.)

C'mon, like we don't need all the draft capital we can get our hands on?

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is why a return not including Zegras or Rossi always stuck in my craw. 

Yeah I’m still struggling the the Krebs hype. I think Cozens, Mitts, Quinn and Peterka will all be better.  So why is he the centerpiece of the deal.  Unless Theodore or someone like that (Tuch?) is included.  If he’s just an ancillary piece, fine. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Yeah I’m still struggling the the Krebs hype. I think Cozens, Mitts, Quinn and Peterka will all be better.  So why is he the centerpiece of the deal.  Unless Theodore or someone like that (Tuch?) is included.  If he’s just an ancillary piece, fine. 

I would say that he is basically on par with those prospects you listed.  He certainly has performed as well as they have.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I would say that he is basically on par with those prospects you listed.  He certainly has performed as well as they have.

This is more less how I see it, and for me why Krebs is a viable add. 

If Cozens and Mitts are both coin-flips to lock down top 6 centre roles, adding another coin flip significantly helps our odds - needing only 2 of 3 to "hit" rather than 2 of 2. 

When we are as weak systemically at C as we are, even one C add like Krebs I see to be pretty significant. 

Quick, someone name a centre that Adams has brought in, since he came aboard, that's better? This probably even applies to Elvenes. 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don't recall that being the mindset from the start.

It wasn't. 

Edited by Thorny