Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Absolute proof? Don't have that. Circumstantial evidence? Plenty. First, it's a given reporters work agents for scoops. And agents use reporters to float stories to help their clients. Then look at the lean of those stories. 100% positive for Eichel. Third, how many of those scoops panned out? None.

On what basis are you concluding that the scoops favor Jack? Most of the scoops include packages of players and assets that a Jack deal would garner for the Sabres. I don't see how the rumors circulating help or hinder Jack or even help or hinder the Sabres. It's simply the swirling rumor mill that is part of the sports landscape. 

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

On what basis are you concluding that the scoops favor Jack? Most of the scoops include packages of players and assets that a Jack deal would garner for the Sabres. I don't see how the rumors circulating help or hinder Jack or even help or hinder the Sabres. It's simply the swirling rumor mill that is part of the sports landscape. 

By naming teams and describing things as being on "the one yard line" it puts pressure on the Sabres if things are not on the one yard like from Adams perspective. Then there is the hawking of ADR surgery on Elliotte Friedmann's podcast to the exclusion of an opposing medical view. Plus  there is the opining of pundits on the Sabres "denying Eichel medical care" which is totally false but being spun that way so low-information fans have a kneejerk visceral reaction. Just read Twitter to see what I mean.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

By naming teams and describing things as being on "the one yard line" it puts pressure on the Sabres if thingis are not on the one yard like from Adams perspective. Then there is the hawking of ADR surgery on Elliotte Friedmann's podcast to the exclusion of an opposing medical view. Plus  there is the opining of pundits on the Sabres "denying Eichel medical care" which is totally false but being spun that way so low-information fans have a kneejerk visceral reaction. Just read Twitter to see what I mean.

Who gives a dam what is said on Twitter! The twitter world is comprised mostly of stupid noise. As far as the ADR surgery it is well known what the Sabres' stance is and what Jack's surgery stance is. There is nothing secret about that. And there is no secret that some teams are willing to consider ADR surgery for Jack if they acquire him. I simply disagree with you that the rumors circulating over this trade issue is portraying either side in a particular bad or positive light. Because of the injury and surgery factor for this high profile player it is a complicated issue that will take more time than the standard trade scenario takes.  

Just now, JohnC said:

Who gives a dam what is said on Twitter! The twitter world is comprised mostly of stupid noise. As far as the ADR surgery it is well known what the Sabres' stance is and what Jack's surgery stance is. There is nothing secret about that. And there is no secret that some teams are willing to consider ADR surgery for Jack if they acquire him. I simply disagree with you that the rumors circulating over this trade issue is portraying either side in a particular bad or positive light. Because of the injury and surgery factor for this high profile player it is a complicated issue that will take more time than the standard trade scenario takes.  

Individually Twitter is noise. Add it all up and it becomes pressure and bad PR. Then throw in the one-sided presentation of ADR vs Fusion. You ask 100 people and 98 of those paying attention will tell you ADR is no big deal. But that fusion always leads to more surgeries. That's totally false but it's the "big lie" being repeated over and over in the Twitterverse. Why wouldn't people think that when that's the only thing they see reported?

Fortunately for the Sabres, Kevyn Adams has not been influenced by these pressures so your point is valid. A lesser, weaker GM may have folded a while ago. But there is no question in my mind that most of the Eichel reporting is orchestrated by Pat Brisson through his favored media contacts. They don't call him "super-agent" for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Individually Twitter is noise. Add it all up and it becomes pressure and bad PR. Then throw in the one-sided presentation of ADR vs Fusion. You ask 100 people and 98 of those paying attention will tell you ADR is no big deal. But that fusion always leads to more surgeries. That's totally false but it's the "big lie" being repeated over and over in the Twitterverse. Why wouldn't people think that when that's the only thing they see reported?

Fortunately for the Sabres, Kevyn Adams has not been influenced by these pressures so your point is valid. A lesser, weaker GM may have folded a while ago. But there is no question in my mind that most of the Eichel reporting is orchestrated by Pat Brisson through his favored media contacts. They don't call him "super-agent" for nothing.

What is unusual about an agent attempting to control the narrative on behalf of his client? That's part of his job. And regarding the issue that people don't have an understanding of the medical issue associated with either surgery why is that surprising? Just look at the Covid vaccination issue and the ignorance that many people display over that issue. The Twitter world is a world of hyperbolic bullshiilit. It is having absolutely no influence between the parties involved. Don't allow yourself to be distracted by the loud inconsequential sideshows. 

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

From what I've read, he is their cap dump of choice. He and Monahan roughly equal Eichel in salary.

$3.75 million for this year + $6.375 million (cap hit) for this year and next?  The numbers work and we need centers.  I don't care what they do with Zadorov.  Looks like Monahan's numbers are falling off, but meh, I think we found out what happens when we don't have enough centers.

That Calgary trade scenario probably isn't as far off from a realistic deal as you might think. Are we getting enough for a healthy Jack?? No but he's not healthy and you're taking on a 2 year cap dump with Monahan and a 1 year cap dump in Zadarov. Monahan will allow you to put Cozens in Rochester along with Zary and Pelletier or put him on the wing temporarily plus you'll have 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders in next years draft which supposedly is loaded. 

As the Sabres team comes back to reality this year, you'll be able to move any and all of Miller, Butcher, Pysyk, Hagg at the trade deadline for more picks. Doesn't necessarily help us right now but gives us time to develop some of this talent we have that aren't here yet.

I'm not a Zadarov fan either but it also helps keep Samuelsson in Rochester to develop further plus he also can play both sides so he'd be useful temporarily.

Edited by jsb
  • Like (+1) 1

FWIW I spoke with my source at our skate today and he thinks a deal probably gets done sometime in January.   With a 3 month recovery that puts Eichel in the lineup come playoff time.   KA is holding strong and believes he'll receive his asking price if he remains patient.

Here's my CGY proposal

Zary, Zadorov, Monahan, Dubé, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2023 3rd

for

Eichel & Butcher

Then you send VGK

Monahan(50%) & Eakin(50%)

for

Tuch, 2022 2nd, 2023 3rd

Reacquire Borgen for a conditional 5th that becomes a 4th

Skinner - Mitts - Dube

Asplund - Thompson - Olofsson

Bjork - R2 - Hinostroza

Caggiula - Girgs - Okposo

Hayden, Murray(Cozens)

Dahlin - Borgen

Hagg - Pysyk

Bryson - Miller

Zadorov

IR: Tuch & Jokiharju

Cozens can be sent down if need be or switched with R2 who could go to LW and bench Bjork.

Edited by thewookie1

12 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Here's my CGY proposal

Zary, Zadorov, Monahan, Dubé, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd, 2023 3rd

for

Eichel & Butcher

Then you send VGK

Monahan(50%) & Eakin(50%)

for

Tuch, 2022 2nd, 2023 3rd

Reacquire Borgen for a conditional 5th that becomes a 4th

Skinner - Mitts - Dube

Asplund - Thompson - Olofsson

Bjork - R2 - Hinostroza

Caggiula - Girgs - Okposo

Hayden, Murray(Cozens)

Dahlin - Borgen

Hagg - Pysyk

Bryson - Miller

Zadorov

IR: Tuch & Jokiharju

Cozens can be sent down if need be or switched with R2 who could go to LW and bench Bjork.

I would want Coronato instead of Dube.

19 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

FWIW I spoke with my source at our skate today and he thinks a deal probably gets done sometime in January.   With a 3 month recovery that puts Eichel in the lineup come playoff time.   KA is holding strong and believes he'll receive his asking price if he remains patient.

Jesus. 

seinfeld-cosmo-kramer.gif

• Haha (+1) 1