Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is where the rubber meets the road. We were never going to get Eichel’s replacement.  I think getting someone or maybe a couple someone’s akin to Reinhart would be a reasonable outcome.  Too many fans thought we’d be getting a top 5 player in the league. Never gonna happen. 

Don't think top 5 was on the table as even Eichel isn't a top 5 player, but I would definitely be interested to see the type of offers that may have been on the table if hockey trades were an option - from all we've heard, that's never been something Adams has been after. He's wanted the futures. 

So the best case (I'd argue, reasonable) ask/scenario would be for a prospect centre that has a 1st line ceiling. Eichel's ceiling is not a reasonable ask. Even Zegras...odds are very low he becomes the player Eichel is. 

A prospect C that could reasonably, hypothetically evolve into a first line C is, I think, what the baseline should be. Whether or not that's Krebs, depends on who you ask 

- - - 

On a side note..

It's funny that people think this is all about character, when really, it's all about money. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

“Insiders” have no idea what they are talking about.  

...except for my source who says nothing is close and has maintained that stance throughout

figure it out sheeple, smh

When somebody makes a point to mention every 7th post that they have a source… They really don’t… someone’s just looking for a way to take their opinion more seriously. 

there are a couple posters on here that have true legitimate sources… And they never mention that they have a legit true source. Why do you think that is? The answer is obvious.

at least that’s how I see it. :shrug:

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

When somebody makes a point to mention every 7th post that they have a source… They really don’t… someone’s just looking for a way to take their opinion more seriously. 

there are a couple posters on here that have true legitimate sources… And they never mention that they have a legit true source. Why do you think that is? The answer is obvious.

Not every negative opinion about other posters needs to be aired.

23 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

My source says you are wrong.😜

Edited by Flashsabre

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Am I correct in inferring that Pegula is unlikely to allow retention on Eichel is because they would still be partially on the hook if the surgery goes wrong?

I doubt it, even retention would be paid by insurance more than likely. Barring insurance not covering the surgery which still would leave a fraction of the risk at 2mil. I believe it’s a cap reason

3 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Am I correct in inferring that Pegula is unlikely to allow retention on Eichel is because they would still be partially on the hook if the surgery goes wrong?

I don’t think so.  Whoever’s doctors approve the surgery would be fully on the hook.

As a fan base, I think in general many of the fans have been tolerant of waiting out a trade on Eichel, mostly because the team is winning.

However, once we hit that 2-3 game losing streak (or more), things are going to get pretty ugly with a lot of fans wanting something done.  I'd like to say personally I understand the 'big picture' and I'm better than that, but honestly I'm probably not.  As long as the team gives me something good to watch I'm content, but if the on-ice product starts getting bad to watch, I'm going to really want something else to think about regarding this team.

5 wins in 8 games has gotten Adams a little space with the fanbase regarding the Eichel trade, but when that record turns a bit south that may not be the case anymore.

Edited by mjd1001

20 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

As a fan base, I think in general many of the fans have been tolerant of waiting out a trade on Eichel, mostly because the team is winning.

However, once we hit that 2-3 game losing streak (or more), things are going to get pretty ugly with a lot of fans wanting something done.  I'd like to say personally I understand the 'big picture' and I'm better than that, but honestly I'm probably not.  As long as the team gives me something good to watch I'm content, but if the on-ice product starts getting bad to watch, I'm going to really want something else to think about regarding this team.

5 wins in 8 games has gotten Adams a little space with the fanbase regarding the Eichel trade, but when that record turns a bit south that may not be the case anymore.

Why though? An Eichel trade will not fix the team immediately. This is a long term trade. Young players/prospects and picks will take time to bear fruit. Eichel can’t play anyways right now. Everyone had the Sabres pegged for last OA. They won’t be. I don’t see pressure on Adams to get a deal done based on record.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think it's a cap issue.  I think it's the $50MM left on Jack's deal, which will not be insurable when Jack has the ADR, and the (logical) desire of the acquirors to reduce that number as much as possible by getting the Sabres to retain part of it, take back bad contracts, or both.

• Like (+1) 1