Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Why?   Jack will be on LTIR as well, so it doesn't really move the needle at all.

I believe they need to have the cap space to accept Jack’s Contract before He is moved to LTIR so freeing up 7 Million in space on the active roster, while including a cap dump such as Reilly Smith would get them there. 

@Taro Twould be the best person to answer that about the Cap ramifications.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If I sit on the downside of the teeter totter it’s not going up.

Especially with Friedman, McKenzie, Dreger, et al sitting there with you.

edit: I forgot Vogl. Can’t forget Vogl. He’s probably the heaviest weight on that end of the teeter totter

Edited by K-9
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

To quote beauty and the beast...

No no no,  I've been burned by you (Twitter ppl not Brawndo) before. 

Krebs, Elvenes, a conditional 2022 1st, a conditional 2021 1st and Reilly. 

My guesstimate if it ever happens. Vegas losing is good. 

I’d be happy with that too. Smith could be flipped at the deadline for another asset.  Yes Vegas losing has Foley turning up the heat on McCrimmon and that is when I believe a deal gets done.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

So, the Leafs are maybe the richest team in the NHL, play in the most pressurized market in the NHL, are inclined towards making splashy moves, are 2-4, have lost 3 in a row, including a 7-1 blowout loss on HNIC this weekend and are playing Carolina tonight for another likely loss.

Mitch Marner has 1 assist in 6 games this year despite averaging almost 22 min per game.  He is a dynamic, exciting, highly skilled C/RW who doesn't turn 25 until next May.  He's under contract at $10.9MM per year for 3 more years after this one, and then will be a UFA.

If KA were somehow able to confirm that Marner would welcome a trade to Buffalo, would you trade Eichel straight up for Marner?  Would you sweeten the pot with, say, Ryan Johnson or Mattias Samuelsson or the Sabres' #2 in 2022?

I would.

No. I don't want anyone from Toronto. 

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Get a hold of Pat Brisson. Let him know you carry Jack's water on fan boards.

No problem! I mean there’s definitely no way anyone could feel years of poorly managing a relationship with your franchise player could lead to a nightmare situation such as this. Nothing the Sabres have done over the years or since this process started can be construed negatively. Jack Eichel is the one true villain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

From HFBoards, posted for discussion purposes:

What I've heard, from someone who's been right in the past, as well as someone else who's talked about it online:

Buffalo's ask is:
2022 First round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary & one of Dillon Dube or Andrew Mangiapane.

Calgary is likely, though just speculation trying:
2022 First round (protected), 2022 Second round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary/Jakob Pelletier and one of Juuso Valimaki or Oliver Kylington.

From what I understand, Calgary is currently the one closest to getting this done. I doubt Buffalo wants the grievance filed on Eichel's end.

I also heard that originally Matthew Tkachuk was involved in this discussion, but has since mended bridges with the club; with Sutter and Treliving personally reaching out to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

No problem! I mean there’s definitely no way anyone could feel years of poorly managing a relationship with your franchise player could lead to a nightmare situation such as this. Nothing the Sabres have done over the years or since this process started can be construed negatively. Jack Eichel is the one true villain.

And here I thought he was a player we kowtowed to, firing coaches and moving players to please him, elevating him to Captain, giving him a massive contract, pretty much doing whatever he wanted... until he hurt his neck. Then we said no. A word he probably rarely hears.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And here I thought he was a player we kowtowed to, firing coaches and moving players to please him, elevating him to Captain, giving him a massive contract, pretty much doing whatever he wanted... until he hurt his neck. Then we said no. A word he probably rarely hears.

Who was moved to please him? Are any of those other coaches or GMs that were 'fired' by Eichel coaching or managing elsewhere? How's Byslma and Krueger doing?

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Years of poorly mismanaging their relationship with Eichel? That’s what an eight year, $80m extension is indicative of, poorly managing the relationship? 

You and others have to stop insisting on good guys and villains.