Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm just thinking if the team that traded him less than a year later got a lot more than the Sabres did in return, a lot of the fanbase here would be very upset.  It certainly would be a topic of discussion for a while.

Can’t imagine that. It would be like us getting pissed off Montreal flipping Scandella for a better return. 

• Haha (+1) 1

These recent rumours actually kinda have me wondering if a deal may be actually closer than I think.

They seem calculated to put the notion in the heads of any team but Vegas that the Sabres are close to pulling the trigger and not with me.

Which is generally a card you play when you are actually very close to pulling the trigger and are trying to squeeze out one last concession.

Whether it’s Brisson or Adams doing the dealing, it’s not a card that would be played to pressure the Sabres.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

I would take Krebs, Tuch and a first or even a second round pick for Jack. Tuch is on IR and his departing salary for Vegas would offset some of Jack's  incoming salary. When Tuch gets healthy he is a first or second line forward for us. If you add Krebs to the group of Quinn, Peterka, Power and Samuelsson you can see the young core expanding in the not too distant future. These young players would thrive under the tutelage of Granato. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I would take Krebs, Tuch and a first or even a second round pick for Jack. Tuch is on IR and his departing salary for Vegas would offset some of Jack's  incoming salary. When Tuch gets healthy he is a first or second line forward for us. If you add Krebs to the group of Quinn, Peterka, Power and Samuelsson you can see the young core expanding in the not too distant future. These young players would thrive under the tutelage of Granato. 

To get Krebs you'd probably have to throw in Mitts who personally not willing to let go after the way he finished last season. As I'm not sold on Cozens as a top 6 guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

To get Krebs you'd probably have to throw in Mitts who personally not willing to let go after the way he finished last season. As I'm not sold on Cozens as a top 6 guy.

Wait, Mitts and Eichel for Krebs and lesser pieces? How good do you think this guy is?

He’s exactly the same age as Cozens, had half as many points on the same WJC team, and he’s got 1 assist in 9 NHL games.

I like Krebs probably more than any other prospect that might be part of an Eichel return, but his ceiling projects as a Sam Reinhart level player.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

To get Krebs you'd probably have to throw in Mitts who personally not willing to let go after the way he finished last season. As I'm not sold on Cozens as a top 

You will be glad to eat those words about Cozens in the very near future. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wait, Mitts and Eichel for Krebs and lesser pieces? How good do you think this guy is?

He’s exactly the same age as Cozens, had half as many points on the same WJC team, and he’s got 1 assist in 9 NHL games.

I like Krebs probably more than any other prospect that might be part of an Eichel return, but his ceiling projects as a Sam Reinhart level player.

Krebs projects out to a 60-70 point guy much like Cozens. 

That's if he hits, he's also got a 30-40 pt chance just like Cozens. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I don't believe that Mitts should be factored in any trade for Jack. If Krebs is in a deal you are essentially trading Jack for Krebs. That in itself would make it an unbalanced deal favoring Vegas. That's why I would expect a player such as Tuch to be included in the deal. In addition, to financially make the deal work for Vegas they need to have a significant salary going out to somewhat balance out the incoming Jack salary. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Krebs projects out to a 60-70 point guy much like Cozens. 

That's if he hits, he's also got a 30-40 pt chance just like Cozens. 

Agree with your production ranges, but Cozens has more tools than Krebs and the potential to impact the game in a much wider range of areas. He is a better prospect.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Lol wut

I agree.  Dylan's ceiling is there but I haven't seen him play anywhere near that level in the NHL.  Kid's treading water, trying not to drown.  It'd be much better for his development if he could hide on a legit third line, kind of like what Ruotsalainen is getting (10-12 minutes per game).  But the depth chart being what is, he's gotta play with the big boys.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

27 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Darcy was as slow as a sloth but you may be right. This is glacial slow and maybe a sloth would seem fast in comparison.

It’s like when the snail climbs on the turtle’s back and yells, “Weeeeee!”

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

No, he gets the surgery with the shorter recovery time, and ends up playing a few games late this season to show he is healthy.

That is a scenario that others have exposed.  It would be very weird for Granato and his team.  The locker room is an interesting place.  The hope is that by the end of the season the team will be tighter than it is now.  Having Jack come back and take a spot just to audition for other teams would be strange for our real players.  It happens, but not like this, not for an injured player of this magnitude. The circumstances surrounding this I don’t think I’ve ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

What?  I’m glad your not KA.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I agree.  Dylan's ceiling is there but I haven't seen him play anywhere near that level in the NHL.  Kid's treading water, trying not to drown.  It'd be much better for his development if he could hide on a legit third line, kind of like what Ruotsalainen is getting (10-12 minutes per game).  But the depth chart being what is, he's gotta play with the big boys.

Or just be in the AHL for a season.

• Like (+1) 1