Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Marner is disliked by many Leafs fans for not giving 100% and not caring enough. I saw one Twitter fan rant about him playing golf the day after being eliminated from the playoffs. The fan pointed out that not only was it a bad look playing golf one day after elimination, but if Marner could even play a round that soon he must not have been trying that hard during the playoffs.

Literally the free spot on every fanbase's bingo card 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And to back this up, Max Pacioretty went on LTIR today giving them 7 Million in Cap Space 

Krebs. Please! Just get this over with. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

So, the Leafs are maybe the richest team in the NHL, play in the most pressurized market in the NHL, are inclined towards making splashy moves, are 2-4, have lost 3 in a row, including a 7-1 blowout loss on HNIC this weekend and are playing Carolina tonight for another likely loss.

Mitch Marner has 1 assist in 6 games this year despite averaging almost 22 min per game.  He is a dynamic, exciting, highly skilled C/RW who doesn't turn 25 until next May.  He's under contract at $10.9MM per year for 3 more years after this one, and then will be a UFA.

If KA were somehow able to confirm that Marner would welcome a trade to Buffalo, would you trade Eichel straight up for Marner?  Would you sweeten the pot with, say, Ryan Johnson or Mattias Samuelsson or the Sabres' #2 in 2022?

I would.

No, because I don't see Marner as better than Eichel.

He's soft and rarely performs in the playoffs. 

Just now, thewookie1 said:

No, because I don't see Marner as better than Eichel.

He's soft and rarely performs in the playoffs. 

How likely is it that a player we get back for Eichel becomes....50 percent as good as Marner, if it's a draft pick?

Just now, Thorny said:

How likely is it that a player we get back for Eichel becomes....50 percent as good as Marner, if it's a draft pick?

It also comes down to player type, position and the fact I'd never trade Eichel to the Leafs. Eichel goes out west and that's where I'll stand forever.

• Like (+1) 1

Marner is 24. Olofsson is 26. 

If Marner "wants to be here", and he could be had for Eichel straight up, you make the move. What the hell are you waiting for, a late first to become no where near as good, in 4 years? Yes, that guy won't be making 10 mil. Sweet. 

I'll pay the money and take the all-star level player

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

It also comes down to player type, position and the fact I'd never trade Eichel to the Leafs. Eichel goes out west and that's where I'll stand forever.

true, you've been very consistent in this regard

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Marner is 24. Olofsson is 26. 

If Marner "wants to be here", and he could be had for Eichel straight up, you make the move. What the hell are you waiting for, a late first to become no where near as good, in 4 years? Yes, that guy won't be making 10 mil. Sweet. 

true, you've been very consistent in this regard

If they want Olofsson for Marner, sure 🙂

That is very true

Seriously.

Your current best offer doesn't even include Peyton Krebs but you won't take the ninth-highest scorer in the entire league over the past 3 years in return?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Seriously.

Your current best offer doesn't even include Peyton Krebs but you won't take the ninth-highest scorer in the entire league over the past 3 years in return?

If he weren't a Leaf, I very well might. The major problem I'd see is our team's size and center depth. We'd have a myriad of small players of varying skill but little grit or size.

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Exactly.  The likelihood of getting back a player as good as Marner, even without the ADR/injury discount, is quite low.  As matters stand currently -- i.e. where the acquiror is bearing the ADR/$50MM risk?  It's less than 10%, maybe less than 3%.

The panicked team making a dumb move is the Sabres' last best hope for getting a premium asset back in trade for Eichel.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Seriously.

I can't wrap my mind around it other than going back to saying "people love the mystery box"

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And to back this up, Max Pacioretty went on LTIR today giving them 7 Million in Cap Space 

To quote beauty and the beast...

No no no,  I've been burned by you (Twitter ppl not Brawndo) before. 

13 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Krebs, Brisson, cap dump, some sort of draft pick and some conditions based on Eichel’s games played and call it a day.😀

Krebs, Elvenes, a conditional 2022 1st, a conditional 2021 1st and Reilly. 

My guesstimate if it ever happens. Vegas losing is good. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Don't worry Thorny ik you were laughing at the quote. I saw it b4 the post merged. 

Just now, Brawndo said:

The interesting twist is Pacioretty going on LTIR, that piqued My Interest 

Black Widow Avengers GIF

I'm pretty sure every single poster has had a, "you know what, it seems different this time, I think something's happening" moment. 

I've had several, dating back, what, a year? lol 

Google SEC Shorts, Georgia, and hope

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't worry Thorny ik you were laughing at the quote. I saw it b4 the post merged. 

Black Widow Avengers GIF

Google SEC Shorts, Georgia, and hope

"And I'm really excited, and i'll probably watch every game. But.."

Lmao that does sound like us. 

• Like (+1) 1