Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Really want this trade with Vegas to finally happen. Wednesday is a great day to make trades IMPO but with Vegas playing tonight and on the road, my guess would be if the trade is happening it will be tomorrow. Lots of smoke yet again but just like the last 100 times, that seems to be about it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Las Vegas feels like a "safe" place to send him.  If the Sabres aren't getting Krebs, ***** the Golden Knights.  Everyone has this love efficiency with Tuch because he's from the area.  Unless we're getting Krebs, Brisson and more, they can kick rocks like every other team.  Tuch is a wing who has trouble staying on the ice.  He plus a late first, means ***** for Eichel. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Wait, Mitts and Eichel for Krebs and lesser pieces? How good do you think this guy is?

He’s exactly the same age as Cozens, had half as many points on the same WJC team, and he’s got 1 assist in 9 NHL games.

I like Krebs probably more than any other prospect that might be part of an Eichel return, but his ceiling projects as a Sam Reinhart level player.

If you had the choice of getting Zegras and Comtois from Anaheim or Krebs and Tuch from Vegas for Jack which deal would you make? Let's not factor in any draft picks in this hypothetical trade.  

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you had the choice of getting Zegras and Comtois from Anaheim or Krebs and Tuch from Vegas for Jack which deal would you make? Let's not factor in any draft picks in this hypothetical trade.  

You take Zegras and Comtois seven days a week and twice on Sunday. 

The problem is reportedly that the Ducks have said no to any return involving Zegras, Drysdale or Mc Tavish. 

Vegas on the other hand has proven they will give up prospects for players, so that’s a more likely outcome 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What @Brawndo said.

I don't consider Zegras on the list of prospects we could get.

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Then which option would you take that @Brawndopresented? Either option seems like a reasonable return to me. 

3rd overall pick, big centre, in the NHL at 18 impresses me, but I've not watched McTavish enough to make an intelligent call.

Fan of the other 3 players and either as a base return is reasonable to me as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

The question becomes what’s a better return, if Anaheim relents, 

Krebs, Tuch or Mc Tavish and Comtois 

I might take McTavish Comtois if I am being honest. McTavish has some nasty to his game and so does Comtois. The way they play hockey and the skill they bring trumps the Krebs/Tuch option for me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This case would undoubtedly represent an uphill battle for Eichel. The CBA is pretty clear in granting the team physician veto power. That being said, Eichel would still have reasonable arguments at his disposal.

To start, and in keeping with Article 34.4, Eichel would need to establish that the team physician did not give “due consideration” to the legitimacy of the disk replacement surgery as a viable alternative medical procedure. Eichel would need to submit good evidence from a number of medical experts that his proposed treatment option was recognized as acceptable and made sense for a professional hockey player to get. There are two acceptable schools of thoughts on treatment, Eichel would argue, one being fusion surgery and the other being disk replacement surgery. On that basis, Eichel would maintain, the team physician failed to discharge his obligation to give the matter “due consideration.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmacramalla/2021/10/26/heres-what-jack-eichel-needs-to-prove-to-win-a-grievance/?sh=148d41d81645

42 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A hand wave dismissal of something that doesn’t match or support your opinion?

You’re right, nothing new here.

I'm sorry, did I miss something. All that was reported was things we already knew.

Actually, Jack winning a grievance might be just what the Sabres need. If they are being held back by insurance and liability concerns, a judgement for Jack may free them from that without the team losing their rights to the player.

Probably not the result you were hoping for.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

Flames are mentioned as involved and can make his salary work. If Flames offered Zary, Matthew “The Bison” Coronoto, Pelletier and a 1st that might get it done. Their past 3 1st round picks and a future 1st. Of course salary would have to come from somewhere else but 3 young offensive forwards (Zary is a centre) and a first is a nice haul. Zary isn’t a sexy name but he has put up big numbers in Kamloops and Stockton for his age.

I don’t think Monahan fits here and Flames aren’t moving Mangiapane and his 7 goals.

It sounds like Vegas is the favorite but the Flames shouldn’t be overlooked as a player in this if they truly are interested.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Does Krebs have that much higher a ceiling than Mittelstadt?

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

Wait, Mitts and Eichel for Krebs and lesser pieces? How good do you think this guy is?

He’s exactly the same age as Cozens, had half as many points on the same WJC team, and he’s got 1 assist in 9 NHL games.

I like Krebs probably more than any other prospect that might be part of an Eichel return, but his ceiling projects as a Sam Reinhart level player.

I meant Krebs and Tuch together in a trade. Personally I'd like Krebs, Dugan and two firsts. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm sorry, did I miss something. All that was reported was things we already knew.

Actually, Jack winning a grievance might be just what the Sabres need. If they are being held back by insurance and liability concerns, a judgement for Jack may free them from that without the team losing their rights to the player.

Probably not the result you were hoping for.

And there’s the other one.

I swear if we removed the hand waving dismissals, and the accusations of other people having agendas you’d have nothing left to post about.

Guys like @Marvin, Sabres Fan and @nfreeman and @K-9 share much the same opinions as you do but actually talk about why, respect other views and contribute interesting takes to the conversations without the snide character attacks and the “I’m so superior” BS. 

You need a hug.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This could be good from the perspective of asset-handling perspective and a resolution, but it has one glaring issue: If the worst fears of those who opposed ADR are realised and he gets permanently injured, would the Sabres still be on the hook?  I don't think it matters if the arbitrator forced their hand.

Lawyers of SabreSpace, what say you?

Caveat: ADR for a hockey player scares the daylights out of me.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And there’s the other one.

I swear if we removed the hand waving dismissals, and the accusations of other people having agendas you’d have nothing left to post about.

Guys like @Marvin, Sabres Fan and @nfreeman and @K-9 share much the same opinions as you do but actually talk about why, respect other views and contribute interesting takes to the conversations without the snide character attacks and the “I’m so superior” BS. 

You need a hug.

Pot meet kettle. Let me remind you of the post you made moments before:

A hand wave dismissal of something that doesn’t match or support your opinion?

You’re right, nothing new here.

So that comment is okay but mine isn't? I get that I'm a huge buzzkill for the people who want the Pegulas to crash and burn. But as someone here once said, I'm just trying to be balanced. It's far to easy to crank people up into a frenzy over perceived misdeeds and lose track of what's actually going on. There's also a massive case of blue balls waiting for the Eichel deal to come to a conclusion. We want to keep blaming this team for everything when nothing is the same.

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t get the Krebs hype. He doesn’t seem special in any way.  

I’ve definitely fallen into just being told he’s a great prospect because I was never a fan … and now he’s someone I really want. Getting a big fast bust for Jack wouldn’t feel wonderful.