Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If an Eichel trade does happen, I guarantee one of the local guys will get it before any of these other "insiders".

Joe Yerdon seems absolutely convinced that it's getting done soon, and has been for some time.

What Sabres news have local guys broken recently?  I feel like they never get it first.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What if the process is "when we agree to a deal, you get to see the see the records, with the subject-to of calling it off if you don't like what you see?"

What if Friedman actually said the Ducks and Wild haven't seen the records, leaving the door open for 29 other teams?

What if people are lying?

Adams could be telling them exactly what's on the records, or the gist of it. So what you are saying makes sense to me - actually "seeing" the records wouldn't be indicative of being "in", it would be indicative of a team being through. 

• Like (+1) 1

IMO a potential Eichel deal doesn't happen until mid-August.

Let me explain...

There will be plenty of player movement over the next few days.   Teams will have a better idea of market value, needs, etc... once things settle down, FA's are inked and rosters become more clear.

Jack's health.  It sounds like they're nearing a decision on surgery.   Potential trade partners would be wise to wait until there is a definitive timeline on his recovery.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think Adams has held firms and the out teams are now serious. It is getting done before 8pm tomorrow impo

I suspect so. And knowing Joe, he doesn't peddle in conjecture. If he believes Eichel is getting traded then I believe him.

• Like (+1) 1

Ducks can end this now by including Zegras. Win-win for both teams. Package behind it doesn't even need to be crazy.

As far as 'pressure to get this done. Jack is impatient'. ***** Jack. He made this bed, he can wait.

• Like (+1) 5

If Friedman is correct (these days it feels like that might be a long shot) and none of those teams have gotten Jack’s medical records then Jack isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, at least not to those teams. A team isn’t going to get his medical records and then make a split-second decision to give up what it would take within this short pre-draft time frame.

The reason I want him traded so badly right now is because if he isn’t traded by the end of tomorrow the trade window goes from a matter of hours to literally months and I don’t want to talk about this ***** anymore.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

If Friedman is correct (these days it feels like that might be a long shot) and none of those teams have gotten Jack’s medical records then Jack isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, at least not to those teams. A team isn’t going to get his medical records and then make a split-second decision to give up what it would take within this short pre-draft time frame.

The reason I want him traded so badly right now is because if he isn’t traded by the end of tomorrow the trade window goes from a matter of hours to literally months and I don’t want to talk about this ***** anymore.

Adams could have told them what's on the records already. 

Seeing the records could be relatively quick if it's merely to confirm Adams wasn't misleading during negotiation 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the case for me as well. It's also, per Friedman, the case for Jack.

• Like (+1) 1