Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ok.  I see now.  He was on the the Instigators.  It’s a mystery person who runs a Twitter account called NHL Rumors Daily.

They couldn’t find a better guest?

Sometimes you gotta view the guests as fun and not authoritative. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He also seems to be more right than/earlier scoops than the usual Dreger and bunch. Just cause he's not too known yet doesn't mean he's not in the know. Good on WGR for taking a chance on a lesser known guy. 

He literally isn’t know at all because he hides his identity.  A name and face would be a nice first step towards credibility I think.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Curt said:

He literally isn’t know at all because he hides his identity.  A name and face would be a nice first step towards credibility I think.

Well known as in his account is well known among hockey fans, not that we literally don't know who he is. On WGR he stated he wants to remain anonymous since he has worked in multiple NHL organizations before, and his sources feel more comfortable sharing information with him because he's anonymous.

He posts a ton of stuff. If he's right he gets the credibility, nameless/faceless account or not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Well known as in his account is well known among hockey fans, not that we literally don't know who he is. On WGR he stated he wants to remain anonymous since he has worked in multiple NHL organizations before, and his sources feel more comfortable sharing information with him because he's anonymous.

He posts a ton of stuff. If he's right he gets the credibility, nameless/faceless account or not.

Nope.  I don’t care who he talks to.  Someone who hides their identity behind a nameless Twitter account gets no real credibility in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

Nope.  I don’t care who he talks to.  Someone who hides their identity behind a nameless Twitter account gets no real credibility in my eyes.

I mean, to each their own. If he nails 7/10 rumors and meanwhile Dreger hits 2/10 but you choose to believe Dreger is more credible when it comes to scoops because his name/face, you can.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I mean, to each their own. If he nails 7/10 rumors and meanwhile Dreger hits 2/10 but you choose to believe Dreger is more credibility when it comes to scoops because his name/face you can.

Dreger is not reliable.  He seems to often relay information fed to him by agents with an agenda.

I understand what you are saying, but not knowing who the heck this even is makes it kind of hard to evaluate them as a source of information.  If this person plans on doing this sort of thing for long, they will not be able to maintain this anonymous persona.

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

A track record provides cred.  Apparently he has a decent one.

• Like (+1) 2

Rumors in general are very exciting for us as fans because it gives us something to talk about, debate, weigh the pros and cons of potential trades, etc. but I have to wonder why any information ever comes out ahead of a trade.  

I can't imagine being in the front office of the Sabres and going home at night and feeling that I have to leak information about how bad a trade offer is or how good an offer is.  These rumors are being used to help condition us as fans to not get our hopes too high.  Teams wanting to trade for Eichel purposely leak that they won't trade their best prospects.  Why?  To keep their fans happy, maybe to keep their top prospect happy (if they listen to rumors) and hopefully to win the public opinion battle that it's okay to make the trade without getting back A+ prospects or that it's the best deal available.

I love the rumors but I just figure we need to understand that they are being leaked with an intent to influence the fans not the GM's.  That's my opinion.  We should listen to them but not get too high or low until the trade actually happens.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If he's right.  Out of curiosity what has he nailed before?

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

It would be funny though, for the people who believe that Eichel demanded a trade, for Eichel to get totally dissed by the trade market.

I agree, I don't think Eichel demanded a trade and people misread what he was said there was a disconnect between him and the team. I think Eichel was just being honest with a question presented to him and the media ran with it that he wanted to be traded etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

If he's right.  Out of curiosity what has he nailed before?

He's got some more too. Seems to be that he either hears stuff before the main reporters do, or he's at least got the guts to tweet it first. FWIW he likes Philly/Florida for Tarasenko, and Pittsburgh/Philly for Risto.

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

He's got some more too. Seems to be that he either hears stuff before the main reporters do, or he's at least got the guts to tweet it first. FWIW he likes Philly/Florida for Tarasenko, and Pittsburgh/Philly for Risto.

All those really tell me nothing.

They are all him saying ... *that's great, but I had that weeks ago* ... *look at me, everybody, look at me*

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

They are all him saying ... *that's great, but I had that weeks ago* ... *look at me, everybody, look at me*

Mean, that's the point though. He had them weeks before Friedman did.

Attached is a 26 min segment on the Instigator Show with NRD NHL Rumor Daily. In the segment there is much talk about what is swirling about the Sabre trades. He also predicted that Seattle will take Borgen in the expansion draft. The guest is a anonymous. He said because of his anonymity people in organizations are more willing to talk to him. He also felt that Minnesota and the Rangers are very interested in a Jack deal. He said that although the Rangers are not inclined to deal Lafreniere or Kakko they have a rich system to provide a lot of good young players and prospects. Good hockey talk that matches some of the discussions on this board.  

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/authors/the-instigators-with-andrew-peters-and-craig-rivet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I agree, I don't think Eichel demanded a trade and people misread what he was said there was a disconnect between him and the team. I think Eichel was just being honest with a question presented to him and the media ran with it that he wanted to be traded etc. 

I'll admit nobody here knows for sure, but I think there is a good chance that Eichel 'asked' for a trade, if not last  year than this year?  Is that a trade 'demand'?  Maybe, maybe not.  Do I know it happened? Of course not, but it just seems like there are conditions and chatter (media, canadian media, etc) that points in that direction.

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

Did he though?  It just looks like him say that he did.

He had a podcast with it on there.

Idk, end of the day maybe he's full of *****. But it's not Eklund, he's a WGR guest, and I'd rather throw some rumors on the board and discuss than not.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Mean, that's the point though. He had them weeks before Friedman did.

These things aren’t happening weeks before Friedman hears them. “If only someone had let you know about all that since April” is the one line he has tweeted that confirms to me that he is a fraud. Negotiations have happened since April and there’s no way things are in the same place now that they were in April.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Twitter is pretty much that anyway 

I mean, you can even say all social media is that 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

So you found @Brawndo's twitter account.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1