Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

32 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I saw an interesting Eichel trade, I'm not sure who the guy was in the hockey world as I caught the tail end of it but it was C Jack Eichel and the #1 overall pick to the Anaheim Duck for Trevor Zegras, D Jamie Drysdale and the #3 overall pick. We get a top prospect on both offense and defense and could go in either direction.... F, G or D with that pick. Hughes/Eklund top G prospect. I'm sure it's just that guys opinion but I think this looks fair on both sides, how about you all? 

Hahaha ahahaha bahahHa

No. ***** no. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I think Rossi is a case where the Brayden Point comparison that we see a lot, actually makes sense. 

In my mind Rossi is Saku Koivu, which a notch below, but a similar package.

Rossi cannot create/utilize space, or thread the needle with pucks as well as Zegras and that is why Zegras has a higher ceiling in my view.

But there is a very good chance Zegras tops out as Willie Nylander, too.

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hahaha ahahaha bahahHa

No. ***** no. 

I might take Zegras over 1st overall. And Drysdale and 3OA is hardly LOL when the alternative is Rossi and pick 21

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Rossi cannot create/utilize space, or thread the needle with pucks as well as Zegras and that is why Zegras has a higher ceiling in my view.

I might take Zegras over 1st overall. And Drysdale and 3OA is hardly LOL when the alternative is Rossi and pick 21

We don't agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I saw an interesting Eichel trade, I'm not sure who the guy was in the hockey world as I caught the tail end of it but it was C Jack Eichel and the #1 overall pick to the Anaheim Duck for Trevor Zegras, D Jamie Drysdale and the #3 overall pick. We get a top prospect on both offense and defense and could go in either direction.... F, G or D with that pick. Hughes/Eklund top G prospect. I'm sure it's just that guys opinion but I think this looks fair on both sides, how about you all? 

I would do this. 1OA and 3OA is basically a wash in this draft. Both teams will be very happy. If this what gets ANA to ship us their 2 top prospects (which I doubt they would be willing to do), I would pull the trigger. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We don't agree. 

Nope, but I don’t think your opinion is out to lunch 

As much as I like Rossi’s game, I don’t see him being a clearcut 1st line centre, so that’s probably where we differ.

That Drysdale is light years ahead of anyone available at 21 is indisputable in my book.

Do you think Eklund is clearly superior to Zegras?

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Nope, but I don’t think your opinion is out to lunch 

As much as I like Rossi’s game, I don’t see him being a clearcut 1st line centre, so that’s probably where we differ.

That Drysdale is light years ahead of anyone available at 21 is indisputable in my book.

Do you think Eklund is clearly superior to Zegras?

Yes, I think Eklund is on par with Zegras at age 18.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Apparently Fiala has 35 goals in his last 82 games played.

Rossi, Fiala, Addison, Boldy for Jack and something 

34 goals in his last 68 games played, if you want to make it look really impressive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

31 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I would do this. 1OA and 3OA is basically a wash in this draft. Both teams will be very happy. If this what gets ANA to ship us their 2 top prospects (which I doubt they would be willing to do), I would pull the trigger. 

I agree.  I would accept that trade and be happy.  Including Drysdale and Zegras would be a good trade for Eichel.  Assuming 3OA still allows to draft Eklund.

I'm not convinced Anaheim would do the trade for both of their top prospects but including 1OA might make them consider it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Rossi is a great playmaker - it's Zegras' top skill but I wouldn't have his ceiling higher because of it. I think Rossi is closer to Zegras on that front than Zegras is to Rossi re: 200 ft game 

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted us to draft Rossi too.

The discussion around Rossi and Zegras is pretty interesting to me.  I would say that Rossi's stock has not increased or decreased since he was drafted.  He did not do well (on a weak Austrian team) at the WJC and then was hit with Covid recovery for the rest of the season.  He has fully recovered and is still a great A+ prospect but I can't see that he has done anything to raise his value since the draft.

Zegras did have a great year at the WJC dominated in the tournament and gold metal game and then played some games for the Ducks.  He's ready to make a real impact this year.  He's clearly ahead of Rossi at the moment but time will tell who becomes the best player and it will most likely come down to the team and teammates they are playing with.

I would love to have either of them in a potential Eichel trade but I will say that Anaheim has the 3OA pick as something to add in a trade and Minnesota has picks 21, 25.  Because of that I would rather have Boldy included in the trade with Rossi in place of their 1st.  I know most will say both and I agree.

4 minutes ago, Digger said:

I wanted us to draft Rossi too.

The discussion around Rossi and Zegras is pretty interesting to me.  I would say that Rossi's stock has not increased or decreased since he was drafted.  He did not do well (on a weak Austrian team) at the WJC and then was hit with Covid recovery for the rest of the season.  He has fully recovered and is still a great A+ prospect but I can't see that he has done anything to raise his value since the draft.

Zegras did have a great year at the WJC dominated in the tournament and gold metal game and then played some games for the Ducks.  He's ready to make a real impact this year.  He's clearly ahead of Rossi at the moment but time will tell who becomes the best player and it will most likely come down to the team and teammates they are playing with.

I would love to have either of them in a potential Eichel trade but I will say that Anaheim has the 3OA pick as something to add in a trade and Minnesota has picks 21, 25.  Because of that I would rather have Boldy included in the trade with Rossi in place of their 1st.  I know most will say both and I agree.

Rossi got covid before the wjc and was clearly dealing with the aftermath of it during the wjc.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Rossi got covid before the wjc and was clearly dealing with the aftermath of it during the wjc.

We keep hearing that Rossi has recovered but COVID is a new thing. What’s not to say he may have lasting fitness issues. Apples and oranges but it annoys me that Jack’s injuries are always supposed to take leverage away from the Sabres but Rossi have a real tough time with COVID is dismissed.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Supposedly Strome might be traded to Seattle which has all the Rangers fans saying Eichel must be a done deal.

Just the idea of Eichel going to the Rangers makes me sick. Nothing they are willing to give is remotely interesting.

I don’t care about taking the absolutely best deal for Jack. If the deals are roughly equal, Jack goes to the other team. If the Rags deal is slightly better, Jack goes to the other team. If the Rags deal is heads-and-shoulders better, then and only then should he be dealt to them. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JustOutsideChicago said:

We keep hearing that Rossi has recovered but COVID is a new thing. What’s not to say he may have lasting fitness issues. Apples and oranges but it annoys me that Jack’s injuries are always supposed to take leverage away from the Sabres but Rossi have a real tough time with COVID is dismissed.

... because they can tell if you have heart muscle inflammation and they can't tell if your bulging neck disc will re-absorb

• Like (+1) 1

Friedman does some serious waffling on his earlier that report that teams are out on Eichel. Says people are "telling him" those teams are now circling back and could be back in. Wonders if Calgary is now in desperation mode.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Friedman does some serious waffling on his earlier that report that teams are out on Eichel. Says people are "telling him" those teams are now circling back and could be back in. Wonders if Calgary is now in desperation mode.

So he doesn't actually know anything. Got it.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

So he doesn't actually know anything. Got it.

This is of course always the case.

He relays what people tell him mostly.  So if someone from team X tells him that they are out on Eichel, he is going to relay that info.  Probably along with the caveat that things are fluid and can change, which I’m sure he attached to earlier reports of teams being out.  It’s the nature of what he does.  Almost never does he come out and say things with real conviction, because he knows that he doesn’t usually get the full story.